D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Game on, let me give you an inside look at how the Hoes see this week:

* VERY BIG GAME - last time we were lucky that the Dees made several costly turnovers that helped us get over the line. We have always had close games with them and expect it to be another this week.

* We MUST win to keep our chances alive of playing finals.

* Several inclusions will help - but does not mean you will win.

* We have not been UP - just building as we got players back over past weeks. Last week we were (as a whole club) very short on available players. This and the very good play of the Bees saw us not up to the challenge.

* Finally, we were said to be 'only making up the numbers' at the start of the year. To have an opportunity to not only stay up, but have the chance to make finals is a very big driving force behind us wanting to prove a few people wrong.

It's going to be a tough game, we rate the Dee's and know they will be very, very hungry for a win. Hopefully we are up for the challenge.

The Chump.

Good stuff Chump, love you passion.

How come you missed so many players last week? Did you use the Werribee game as an oportunity to rest some players to prepare for a big 4 weeks + finals? It didn't seem like you came off with a heap of injuries during the game the week before.

Why don't you go back to Centrals where you belong. The've always spruked how good a competition they have, so why come and have a look at the Ammo's? Wouldn't be because they're crap without our boys being there. We have supplied them with good players for years.

I have never spruiked about anything to do with centrals. I enjoy ammo footy because its cleaner, quicker and in a lot of cases more skillful.

So settle down West, before you pop a blood vessel.

hahah, just what I was looking for!

I have watched as many of your games as I have Westbourne games this year buddy, and I am not affiliated with either club. I just enjoy watching ammo footy as opposed to watching my old club play in the GDFL. Looking forward to the weekends game though, and I think you boys will win.

But finals are a different story.......

As soon as the premierships dry up at the centrals, they move on out pretty quick dont they!

You watch, you will be trying to be number 1 ticket holder at Werribee if they win the flag next year.

Otherwise its a bit of a travel from Shaws Road to Burwood H'way to watch ESL, and the Ring road doesnt quite get to Banyule.

I have never spruiked about anything to do with centrals. I enjoy ammo footy because its cleaner, quicker and in a lot of cases more skillful.

So settle down West, before you pop a blood vessel.

hey centurian, were you at centrals when i was... 1996-2000?

How come you missed so many players last week? Did you use the Werribee game as an oportunity to rest some players to prepare for a big 4 weeks + finals? It didn't seem like you came off with a heap of injuries during the game the week before.

Just one of those weeks Game On.

A few injured the week before, 4 unavailable with personal commitments and a couple back to under 19's duties after a taste at senior level.

This week will see most of these return, a few who have been out for a couple of weeks injured will return and one or two surprises could be just around the corner;)

And I can confirm - we very much wanted to win last week - it would have made it even more difficult for others had we done so.

The Chump.

As soon as the premierships dry up at the centrals, they move on out pretty quick dont they!

You watch, you will be trying to be number 1 ticket holder at Werribee if they win the flag next year.

Otherwise its a bit of a travel from Shaws Road to Burwood H'way to watch ESL, and the Ring road doesnt quite get to Banyule.

Only 3 teams in it table tennis ???? anyone else just making up the numbers???:rolleyes:

Certainly didn't use it as a rest game, we went there with our best available team. From memory we had at least 5 guys from the game against your boys unavailable on sat, but not injured. That combined with a few injuries in the twos (against your boys) meant we struggled for numbers in the early game against the Bees. There will be a few back this week.....thankfully!

Only 3 teams in it table tennis ???? anyone else just making up the numbers???:rolleyes:

Chump, i could have gone on, but there are only 3 confirmed to play in the finals so far.

Obviously OW, Ivanhoe and GE have a sniff too. I just couldnt be bothered typing it. and OW isnt too far away, makes my post previously a little bit silly. dont let facts get in the way of a good post chumpy.

Certainly didn't use it as a rest game, we went there with our best available team. From memory we had at least 5 guys from the game against your boys unavailable on sat, but not injured. That combined with a few injuries in the twos (against your boys) meant we struggled for numbers in the early game against the Bees. There will be a few back this week.....thankfully!

Fair enough.

There is nothing worse than going out to Soldiers with a very undermanned side in the early game. Well done one your boys to at least put up a fight on Saturday. It would not have been easy, I have been in that position before.

Fair enough.

There is nothing worse than going out to Soldiers with a very undermanned side in the early game. Well done one your boys to at least put up a fight on Saturday. It would not have been easy, I have been in that position before.

Enough of the love fest...........

The Hoer 2's twos lost by 30 plus goals - they may have had a go but lets not get carried away with the well dones!!!

Massive night at training to get our registrations through and consolidate the top 4 spot

Enough of the love fest...........

The Hoer 2's twos lost by 30 plus goals - they may have had a go but lets not get carried away with the well dones!!!

Massive night at training to get our registrations through and consolidate the top 4 spot

Ok, a big cuddle for you too drifter.:D

Chump, i could have gone on, but there are only 3 confirmed to play in the finals so far.

Obviously OW, Ivanhoe and GE have a sniff too. I just couldnt be bothered typing it. and OW isnt too far away, makes my post previously a little bit silly. dont let facts get in the way of a good post chumpy.

Fair point TT ..........I am getting back in my box.

soldiers reserve IS the hardest place to go & play reserves football i reckon - in my last 2 ventures there (2007 & 2008) weve kicked a total of 1 3 9 whilst werribee have piled on 47 24 306... the stuff of nightmares!! i can relate to what ivanhoe 2s went through last saturday!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Results of Tribunal – July 22, 2008
Travis O'Neill, Ivanhoe. Attempting to trip, 1 match

seeing we play them this week, any info on how this guy usually goes? big loss or can easily be replaced?

Results of Tribunal – July 22, 2008
Travis O'Neill, Ivanhoe. Attempting to trip, 1 match

seeing we play them this week, any info on how this guy usually goes? big loss or can easily be replaced?

Listening to Darren Goldspink last night on SEN. He said that every attempted to trip case that has been to the tribunal in the AFL has been thrown out. So this makes the VAFA rules and regulations too heavy handed. Rubbing blokes out for attempting to trip is a joke, and he is lucky to take the prescribed penalty as the VAFA would have given him two for contesting the case. This is rubbish.

Listening to Darren Goldspink last night on SEN. He said that every attempted to trip case that has been to the tribunal in the AFL has been thrown out. So this makes the VAFA rules and regulations too heavy handed. Rubbing blokes out for attempting to trip is a joke, and he is lucky to take the prescribed penalty as the VAFA would have given him two for contesting the case. This is rubbish.

I heard this as well. He was saying that this type of case is not holding up because of the impact points part of the AFL system. How do you judge the amount of force on an attempt? Its more of a flaw in the system at the highest level. So therefore IMO I dont think that your arguement holds up at our level.

Can anyone from warriorland tell me if big hoffys still playing in the 2's? If so, will his misses be putting on a gurnsey this week, as she was so keen to get out on the park last time we played you guys :D

Can anyone from warriorland tell me if big hoffys still playing in the 2's? If so, will his misses be putting on a gurnsey this week, as she was so keen to get out on the park last time we played you guys :D

The Hoff hasn't been playing much in recent times due to not being available. but he will play this week!! not sure the selection committee will give the green light to his missus playing though. which is probably a good thing for you as you obviously was concerned about her last time.

The warriors are very keen for this weeks battle, will be a great indicator of how far the warriors have come since last time the two sides met.

Also on another note, It was interesting to see the umpire had written the report of The Therry player in the book wrong, The wrong OW player was named. Me thinks this is a technical let off for the Therry player!?

can anyone tell me if chris clement still plays for bentleigh, or is the rumour true has he moved out to altona?
played on R.clark last week keeping him to 2 goals and bannister 3 weeks ago now, keeping him to 4 goals before he went on to kick 11 the following round.
you might notice his name in the best for the previous 2 weeks so as far as I know he still plays unless there has been something happen during the week. doubt that though. he is part of the large mixture of young blokes we have at the club and has pulled his head in over the last few weeks to become a truely competitive FB for us.
not sure why you would think he would leave the club all of a sudden? and what is the relevance of the barwon prison comment from tiger_tuff?

I heard this as well. He was saying that this type of case is not holding up because of the impact points part of the AFL system. How do you judge the amount of force on an attempt? Its more of a flaw in the system at the highest level. So therefore IMO I dont think that your arguement holds up at our level.

I realise that Game on, however, in the history of the AFL before the current system, no one was ever rubbed out for it.

I think the current VAFA tribunal are power happy and if you contest the report they will suspend you for making them front up on a tuesday night. It is a joke that Ivanhoe would have thought to take the prescribed penalty knowing it would have sacrificed him for another week at least on top of the one.

You need people playing the game, not rubbing them out for things that are tit for tat.

Any other league this would have been thrown out.

TT - the only comment I will make is that - this was the report and Trav took the week rather than run the risk of a few more. The umpire obviously saw something that he did not like and as such made the report. So that's it.

We will move on and he will be a big loss for us as he has been in some great form up back. Just played his 200th game - so some great experience there as well.

Anyway, it's done - and we move on.

The Chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back