Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that i'm aware of, i know he played his junior footy in Adelaide.

Yeah, I know he played his junior footy in SA, but for some reason I think he is from Canberra. Oh well, it doesn't matter :p

How about we just give them our 17 and Compo for him and no pick back, thats surely better then having to give back crows 14, they are only being upgraded 4 picks then!

Come on dogs, get this deal in our favour!

Ten News just stated that Jimmy Toumpas is in the mini draft.

He's a quick midfielder/forward with good to excellent finishing skills, just played in a SANFL premiership as a 17 year old.

Wouldn't mind us having a go.

He's a quick midfielder/forward with good to excellent finishing skills, just played in a SANFL premiership as a 17 year old.

Pretty much what we need.

The start of the vid cuts off his kick to the player before he ran past and got the handball.

[YOUTUBE]_2IxC_SIGNI[/YOUTUBE]

How about we just give them our 17 and Compo for him and no pick back, thats surely better then having to give back crows 14, they are only being upgraded 4 picks then!

Come on dogs, get this deal in our favour!

This. It's not over till it's over.

Sounds great, what do you reckon he would cost us though? Would be able to get him with the 4th pick probably, but GWS wouldnt want to trade that this year for unders when they could probably trade it next year for a lot more!

Sounds great, what do you reckon he would cost us though? Would be able to get him with the 4th pick probably, but GWS wouldnt want to trade that this year for unders when they could probably trade it next year for a lot more!

Not sure. He's a step below O'Meara and Crouch, but he's still pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should make a play for mini draft pick 3 or picks 3 and 4. Doubt GWS would go for it but hey worth a shot. They might be really keen on our compo pick still. Pick 17 + compo for mini draft pick 3 plus pick 11? I'd do this deal, would try to get a prelisted player added. GWS would probably be right in thinking that they would get more value by holding two mini draft picks for next year.

Would also be great if we could move up 1-2 spots in the first round or get our choice of an uncontracted VFL player for Reid. Anything else is a bonus. The trades being proposed for Hill are all to out advantage, if we can facilitate the Ebert deal and come away with a higher than market value pick for Hill we've done well. So overall, the next couple of days look moderately positive IMO. And the fact that we haven't shown strong interest in a long list of duds is perhaps the best news of all.

Now that Crouch is gone, does anyone think we will look to bolster our defense or add some pace via a small trade over the coming days? Gilles? Ray? Pre listed players?

No i am of the opinion that it would be better for us long term to keep pick 17 and our compo.

I reckon the odds are against us getting anyone as good as crouch with either.

check out his youtube video - gets the hardball or recieve , immediately does something attacking with it despite pressure and immediately runs on to provide further options.

Just what you want.

I kinda agree with 100action.

Sure, great highlights package.

But selecting a player at such a young age whom we can't even play for a year is a big gamble. Were it our compo picked packaged with a player whom won't get a look in then its worth the punt. But not both our compo and 1st rounder.

I see the case for getting him, but that's just my opinion.

It doesnt look like there was much we could do to stop beat adelaide - it looks like the adelaide deal is their pick 10 and their compo pick for Crouch and this other pre-listed SANFL player who apprently is pretty good but GWS probably wasnt intersted in.

Our compo pick + 17 just wouldnt have cut it.

Course we would have had pick 12 if not for our stirring win over the Freo reserves side in round 24, but hey, thems the breaks

Remove this Banner Ad

Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back