Multiplat Cricket 24

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems like this is the only way to play a Big Ant game.

Unfortunately, AFL isn’t known Internationally or AFL23 might eventually get the same treatment. :(

I thought it was odd, as ol Rossco has previously insisted they don’t discount games, but realised that the T20 World Cup is running over the next 2 weeks in the Windies and USA, so it makes sense for a promotional tie-in.

Downloaded on PS5. Played a couple of career games. Felt almost identical to cricket 22.

Previous versions have rewarded putting time into the game, but I am glad I didn't get sucked into paying for it.

Downloaded on PS5. Played a couple of career games. Felt almost identical to cricket 22.

Previous versions have rewarded putting time into the game, but I am glad I didn't get sucked into paying for it.

Played it for a bit last night, ground graphics might have improved... but the players looked lesser than 22 or 19.

Also my skills have diminished - most shots were dinky hits back to the bowler lol.

It's so disappointing how little these games have actually improved. The career mode is not rewarding at all and are such a grind.

It's like they have this shiny new photogrammy (Spelling) toy and just want to make games to use that. I get people will complain if the player likeness isn't there but focus on a career mode that hasn't really been upgraded since the initial Don Bradman game.

It's like they have this shiny new photogrammy (Spelling) toy and just want to make games to use that. I get people will complain if the player likeness isn't there but focus on a career mode that hasn't really been upgraded since the initial Don Bradman game.

Pretty much, that has been their only marketing tactic, talking up their (pretty mediocre) photogrammetry tech. They have literally nothing else to hang their hat on.

What changes would you make to make it less so ?
Feel like Cricket itself naturally is pretty repetitive so Career mode is always going to feel like a grind no matter what.
First off make the sponsorship deals more meaningful.

You can start a career with any bat label you want. Should start blank bat then earn sponsorships.

Also make the stat point upgrades be able to allocate yourself. The intricate way your players stats go up is confusing.

More individual goals for each game? Make some games more important? Grudge matches, away matches finals etc. Just feels like every game is the same.

Scored my first century in career - took a bit to get used to the different controls :-/. Actually went into the practice nets to re-learn the timings (even though I also went into Cricket 22 to make sure if I was doing it right or wrong as well lol).

Should blitz the batting from now on, will try and see if I can get 500+ as a single batter again soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been enjoying it since it went free, only a few issues:

1. Had a few times when my slip will collect an edge on the bounce, and just fling it to nobody allowing an easy 1-2.
2. I mostly notice it when batting, but it feels like even these grade cricketers in the outfield can rocket throws straight from the boundary to the bowler/keeper, in spite of getting up, turning, left/right etc.
3. Last weird fielding one - I swear when you hit it to cover/extra cover, they have a heatseeker that hits the stumps every time, whether you’re running or not.
4. When your batsman hasn’t faced the whole over, the balls from the opposition to your AI partner often are crazy high wide full tosses on the end-of-over bowling chart-analysis thing.
5. Training and stats in general in a career isn’t super explanatory - also the recommended training is always just a nets session? The minigames aren’t all that fun tbh.
6. Seems almost exactly the same as cricket 19, the last one I played.
7. Batsmen love to leave a straight outswinger that pitches on the stumps? Doesn’t seem super realistic.
8. Way too many times when I’m bowling, the batsman will edge it behind, straight into the ground.

I get that it wouldn’t be a Big Ant game without random stupid stuff like this, but still a fun game so far - especially for free! Definitely a timesink though if you’re an all-rounder and don’t bother simming the bowling, I’m about 12 hours in and have only played a few matches at county level after playing being reasonably well at grade cricket.

Last edited:
Downloaded it as a PS Plus monthly game and have not stopped chuckling to myself as I play it. It's absurdly bad, but has a certain charm in its crumminess.

The commentary when they say "hits it straight over the bowlers head", meanwhile the ball has been cut to the point boundary. Or the old "what a delivery, that has fizzed past the edge", as it bounces metres high and wide of the batsmen and then is literally called wide by the umpire.

And when I was playing a T20 World Cup, I ended up playing India in the third or fourth game and couldn't work out why the opening bowler for India was white, and then several other players for India were some weird looking dudes that reminded me of this little guy.....

dusky-leaf-monkey-closeup-head-820x589.jpg

Then I twigged that all the Indian names were made up. Seems the BCCI wanted no part of this rubbish.

The pinnacle of cricket games remains this.....

shanewarnecricket99.jpg

"It's in the air.......and six...out"

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back