Craig Hutchison

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Hutchy has seen Sam Newman wrapping up Grant Thomas and Jeff Kennett for sticking it up umpires/the AFL in recent weeks so Hutchy decided he'd argue something else that Sam supports - Lou being a legend - to get a bit of respect from Sam.

last year he was getting stuck into essendon because "they don't have any decent kids, there's no talent". his biggest problem is that he tries to give opinions on the actual game of footy without having any ****ing idea. he doesn't just want to be a news-breaker, he wants to be a personality. which is unfortunate for him, because we then see that he's an absolute ****wit.

i think in the last week or 2 he has threatened to rough up thomas and sammy, the guy is a complete joke!

a fat, little, balding man with a inflated ego and distinct lack of charisma

I know most people hate him and I was the same, but some of his work on FC is actually quite good, and I loved seeing him give it to Caro over the Lou Richards HOF saga.
Except that he was in the wrong. If the Commission chose to not change the Legend status criteria, then quite clearly the hands of Caro et al were tied.

when sam has a dig at him he starts to cry, but what a slime ball, all those interviews didnt do anything to backup his story. they were just chucked in to fill up time and trying to make him not look like a fool. the only part he got right was there was a team meeting the rest was speculation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

....and with a massive Footy Show exclusive is the man with a small portion of the facts, lets cross now to the gutter and see what that slimy little worm Hutchy is boots deep in.....

Was that how it went. I thought so. A classic case of the journo trying to be bigger than the game.

How was Hutchy last night:

Garry Lyon: Did you get it wrong on Tuesday?
Hutchy: No...I said on SEN at 10.10 that it was a 'near certainty' and there was an 'overwhelming probability' that he would go that day...
Sam: It sounds to me Craig that you got it wrong.
Hutchy: At 10.10 it was entirely accurate...I stand by what I said.

Righto...so he's found two fancy little phrases to try and worm his way out of getting his story wrong. Then he proceeded to waffle on for 20minutes about the issue, show all the vision of him stalking the Tigers meeting on Tuesday and explaining the issue as it apparently happened!

It is about time there was some accountability with these "journalists" who hide behind, rumor, innuendo, speculation, "sources".

Chris Newman now has a major slight on his character as captain of the Richmond Footy Club. I can see how this story will smoulder on for a while then die sometime after Terry Wallace finally does leave punt road.

In the meantime and forthwith Newman will be regarded in the football community as the inexperienced captain coerced by some disgruntled fringe players to demand his coaches resignation.

That is a big accusation. Surely the onus of proof should be on the reporter airing them.

Likely as usual though no accountability will be called for. RFC will just want to regroup in house (as ironic as that sounds currently) and move on. Terry will want to try and preserve as much of his reputation as possible and move on to a likely media career as well.

Meanwhile Hutchey's reputation as a "news breaker" will grow regardless of the truth of his story.

I watched him sitting there on TFS last night all strong and defiant, defending his version of events. Creates an air of courage and integrity until you consider that he knows that the truth will probably never be revealed.

My take on Hutdy is that he is a victim of his own success. He used to be the man, the news breaker. He really was. He seemed to find out all the news before it happened. Unfortunatly, people have caught on and since he has to live up to the reputation, he either makes crap up (or uses inuendo to justify his comments) or he finds trivial crap (S jonhnsons dad in a blue at the footy) to report as a massive story.

doesn't help when Channel nine pump up his tyres any chance they get.

i posted something on this ****wit about a month ago, got bagged for it, no idea why i did.

The w***er is just on one massive ego trip, acting as if he is the king of the media. Starting shit and hounding the guests on FC makes me sick. i dont watch the show anymore becuase of this, and plus its shit anyway and i always find myself getting frustrated whenever i see his face

Journalists and those professing to be such as Hutchison are similar to Psychologists in that they rely on responses from others. What never ceases to amaze me is why,in the case of Hutchison, do players and others even answer his questions. All they have to do is ignore him and walk away and he's stuffed.

Like i mentioned in another thread, i would not be surprised if the Ch 9 execs were keeping him on air for his cringe value. He clearly has no skills in investigative journalism or otherwise, yet he seems to get a lot of attention for his work. Everyone hates him, yet everyone seems to watch him.

On another note, i have never seen anyone with such a foul collection of suits... filthy

As I posted on another thread:

On monday I had a spat about Hutchies verbal diarrhea, little did I know about his week to follow.

At least Robbo apologized for stuffing up.

Craig on the other hand never says he is wrong and that stunt on the footy show....what the hell?
You can't say something is a "fact" unless you are willing to give corroborating evidence. Newman said nothing, Wallace said nothing.
Unless he is willing to name his source and have it confirmed it is a rumor at best.

Complete tosser.
A grade
W
A
N
K
E
R

Remove this Banner Ad

Craig Hutchison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back