List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you want to keep him you’re going to need to start giving him games.

If he’s still behind Jones, Keath, Khamis and O’Donnell at the end of the year he’s unlikely to want to stick around.
Being behind those guys and the likelihood that at least 1 forward will have to be moved to the backline will have to play on busslingers mind.

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rotham is an UFA. We can’t trade him. Barrass, BWilliams and Petch are the only over 22s we could trade with decent currency. Collingwood may enquire about Hutchinson.

F#(k Richmond.

They extorted both us and freo to get those extra pick by say unless you swap picks with us at the cost of your future 3rd rounder we will take the player you want knowing the whole time their player should slide .

Shit campaigners
Very smart. Hopefully our new main man had a part in that. Chess not checkers

But the tears are for Carlton and Richmond, not for the academy teams, and it's not about taking away the 20% discount. If we get a mention, it's as an after thought. First mention of us, was one of the journo's on twitter highlighting that we look pretty short of picks and points in this years draft. And that's on day 3 of the media going to town on AFL house.
Been plenty from the North Eastern teams too.

Surely we would be offering the Suns a lot of low round picks for next year. They will need to plan with at least 5 players to potentially be first round picks.
Of course after the AFL has moved the Goalposts so teams will know where they sit in future academy and F/S picks.

Can this be part of Pykes aggressive push. Can we obtain more first round picks for this year and next.

Seems appropriate now that the Travaglia split has hit the lead in the poll. Gun.
Must admit, when you get a lovechild, you go full Woodcock.

Love it mate!

I haven't seen you this way since the whole Sam Taylor dream

Peoples trade expectations even for a contracted Barrass are way OTT IMO.

He is 29 with questions over his back and longevity. Will be similar to Yeo in that he would be worth more to us than what other clubs would be willing to pay.

Other fans do refer to TB as a Brien Lake type pick up. A KP. player that could turn a contender in a premier and could have 4 years left if his body holds up.
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

RE Bobby Hill. Good player but just too punchable IMO. Would be the perfect Sonny Walters replacement for Freo. Both annoying punchable characters who you are glad dont play for the team you support. Same as Pickett at the Dees.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Must admit, when you get a lovechild, you go full Woodcock.

Love it mate!

I haven't seen you this way since the whole Sam Taylor dream
That torch has been passed once more. Harley into Taylor into Travaglia. I’ll take 2 out of 3, the karma bus hit Sam Taylor hard with an exploded nut soon after he re-signed. Our recruitment staff would be wise to heed the warning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute madness to sign Yeo on again. I’m hearing $800k a year. He’ll be lucky to play another 30 games in his whole career. $30,000+ per game and a list spot taken up by another player past it. Just another horror list management story from the Eagles. Finals is over a decade away.
As far as melts go this is pretty good. Too close to the truth tho😂

Besides planning for retirements and delistings- what if the next season you think you have a stronger pool of players to pick from.
Eg Hewett > Chesser at pick 14 in consecutive years.
No priority picks pushing that second rounder back either.

Haven’t heard of any father sons in next years draft pool either. (2026 appears loaded for them though).

Fair points.

Does not having a handle on next year’s depth favour or negatively impact the decision.
Besides planning for retirements and delistings- what if the next season you think you have a stronger pool of players to pick from.
Eg Hewett > Chesser at pick 14 in consecutive years.
You’re also assessing that draft 12 months ahead of when you’re making your decision which makes your assessment far less accurate. I refer you both to the curious case of Ashton Moir. Pick 2 to pick 29 in 12 months.

In general, if all else is equal, you take a current pick over a future pick that could easily be several spaces further back and cant really get much better
There’s two priority picks at the end of the first round this year.

Not suggesting WC will go backwards next season, but you’re currently 16th, so there is chance to drop one or two spots.

Peoples trade expectations even for a contracted Barrass are way OTT IMO.

He is 29 with questions over his back and longevity. Will be similar to Yeo in that he would be worth more to us than what other clubs would be willing to pay.

Other fans do refer to TB as a Brien Lake type pick up. A KP. player that could turn a contender in a premier and could have 4 years left if his body holds up.

RE Bobby Hill. Good player but just too punchable IMO. Would be the perfect Sonny Walters replacement for Freo. Both annoying punchable characters who you are glad dont play for the team you support. Same as Pickett at the Dees.
Disagree.

To get a player like Barrass out of a club when on a 3 year deal would be overs.

I don’t mind our depth at Tall Defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back