List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
If we convince Chad to join us at the end of next year and the Swans inevitably ask for Oscar Allen in return (after matching a FA bid)… Do we do the trade assuming Oscar gives the green light?

If we convince Chad to join us at the end of next year and the Swans inevitably ask for Oscar Allen in return (after matching a FA bid)… Do we do the trade assuming Oscar gives the green light?
Only if Oscar came to us with it, I wouldnt go to Oscar to see what he thinks if Sydney asked. Itd just be a no.

I dont think Oscar goes anywhere, but we cant afford to lose him at this stage, hes still our best forward and captain.

Only if Oscar came to us with it, I wouldnt go to Oscar to see what he thinks if Sydney asked. Itd just be a no.

I dont think Oscar goes anywhere, but we cant afford to lose him at this stage, hes still our best forward and captain.
I am not so sure about him being our best forward.
If JW is consistent with his form then he could oust Oscar from in front of the sticks

If Oscar sooks it up with Waterman being our key target and sooks it up to the point he is fat and immobile to play up the ground I want him on the trade table

Just because he's captain doesn't mean he is untradable. It's a laughable defence given he has played so little games.

Last edited:
Getting Baker would soften the blow of losing Yeo, and we can cover TB.
TB for Buss + Dogs pick for Bazlenka

If TB can get us Buss and Travaglia, and Yeos pick can get us Baker, thats not a bad offseason. Add in one or two random cheap depth trade ins (Sheldrick for F2?) and we are sorted for another year.
I wouldnt do anything to set up for Warner next year, just draft whichever mid with our first pick and see what happens.

On-ball group of Kelly, Reid, Hewett, Ginbey, Baker, 2024 1st pick along with Culley/Hall/Sheldrick as depth (also Sheed)

If Oscar sooks it up with Waterman being our key target and sooks it up to the point he is fat and immobile to play up the ground I want him on the trade table
???
I am not so sure about him being our best forward.
If JW is consistent with his form then he could oust Oscar from in front of the sticks
Allen did what he did with a non-existent midfield kicking it to him last year, Waterman at least has had some decent supply.
I still rate Allen higher, but both are very good when fit as we have seen.

People forget Allen was one of the best KPFs in the comp last year

Just because he's captain doesn't mean he is untradable. It's a laughable defence given he hasn't even play 1 game as captain
Didn't he play round 1?

We do need to generate more picks and we don't have a lot of currency, but Barrass has been excellent for us all year, lose him and we're an injury to Gov away from being torn apart each week and stunting the development of our youth. The only players with any currency that I'd be willing to part with are Petruccelle and maybe BWilliams (depending on how Flynn goes for the rest of the year) if someone was willing to offer a second rounder.
This is probably where we might be able to trade. If Flynn holds up as first ruck, Jack Williams would be capable of holding down the forward/2nd rick spot, so in that scenario Bailey could be tradable and might fetch a respectable pick. Petch too, is great when he is on so might also attract a reasonable offer.

???

Allen did what he did with a non-existent midfield kicking it to him last year, Waterman at least has had some decent supply.
I still rate Allen higher, but both are very good when fit as we have seen.

People forget Allen was one of the best KPFs in the comp last year
Don't get me wrong, love Oscar but he hasn't played for quite a while whereas Jake has form now.
WC would be wise to leave Jake in front of the sticks for the rest of the season.
4 games for Oscar in the wafl to see where he is at, then chf for the rest of the season.

Big NO from me Bro... He's an untradeable in my eyes. It would have to be stupid to even make me consider it.

Just because he's captain doesn't mean he is untradable. It's a laughable defence given he has played so little games.
Just when I thought you couldn't get any worse, you surprise me.
FMD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah...Nah.

Short memory perhaps.
Nobody forgot how good Oscar Allen is. But Waterman is the recarnation of Josh Kennedy. And if Oscar Allen couldnt get a spot over Prime Josh then I doubt he can one over recarnated Josh Kennedy.

At the moment Waterman's work rate and his attack on the ground ball surpasses/rivals Josh Kennedy. And yes on form. ON current form Waterman contested marking matches JK.

However, the only negative is that can regress in contested marking.

Tdlr:
Prime JK > Prime Oscar
JK = Waterman current form
Waterman > Oscar

All based on logic

Definitely strong username to comment correlation. Why the Allen Argo?

Big NO from me Bro... He's an untradeable in my eyes. It would have to be stupid to even make me consider it.
Brought a tear to my eye writing it but I’m looking at what Sydney’s likely to want the most and that’s unfortunately the likely answer. Established gun KPF as part of a huge flag window with a young midfield. Of course we can say no but is trading Oscar worth it if we keep our 2025 R1 and 2026 R1?

I don’t even want to give an opinion on it.

Nobody forgot how good Oscar Allen is. But Waterman is the recarnation of Josh Kennedy. And if prime Oscar Allen couldnt get a spot over Prime Josh then I doubt he can one over recarnated Josh Kennedy.

At the moment Waterman's work rate and his attack on the ground ball surpasses/rivals Josh Kennedy.

And yes on form. ON current form Waterman contested marking matches JK.

However, the only negative is that can regress in contested marking.
Kennedy did it for years. I'm a Waterman fan and always have been but that call is way too early. Waterman is in great form for sure but Kennedy is in a different echelon all together.

Have I got this right?

Let's get rid of Yeo for a seconder rounder.
Trade TB and hope to get an untried defender and another draft pick for him.
And whist we're at it, trade our captain OA because he might spit the chewy over Waterman.

And Gov gets injured next year and we have Busslinger and Harry Edwards
as our KPD's.

Waterman doesn't continue his great form and we've got him, Darling and Bailey Williams
as our KPF's.

OK.
Sounds reasonable.

Brought a tear to my eye writing it but I’m looking at what Sydney’s likely to want the most and that’s unfortunately the likely answer. Established gun KPF as part of a huge flag window with a young midfield. Of course we can say no but is trading Oscar worth it if we keep our 2025 R1 and 2026 R1?

I don’t even want to give an opinion on it.
We'll want to have a great midfield because we won't have a defence or forward line.

Not to mention the affect on morale when we trade a local boy who's our captain away

I am talking in context for the rest of the season and JW is the go to forward with form.
Oscar will need to get fit and prove his knee is stable etc .
If WC rush him back that would be all kinds of stupid .
JW is in form and kicking goals, leave him in ff.
Rushing him back if he's not fit would be stupid.
Making him play 4 games in the wafl would be even stupidier IMO.

Last edited:
I am talking in context for the rest of the season and JW is the go to forward with form.
Oscar will need to get fit and prove his knee is stable etc .
If WC rush him back that would be all kinds of stupid .
JW is in form and kicking goals, leave him in ff.
With you now...That makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back