List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
If we want a lock down 200 cm KPD, why not Livingstone. He has a certain niggle about him that I would attach as a positive attribute for playing on the King/Thilthorp/Darcy type.

Start the training now and see if he can be the man over the next two seasons. He certainly has the attitudinal and physical requirements of what I would like to see as a requirement.

Livingstone is slow and can be clumsy at times. His footskills are also much worse than Jamieson. (amazing attitude and aggression though for a ruck/forward and if his kicking improves I think he'll make a much better 2nd forward/ruck than Williams)

Also not related to your comment however I think you will find Jamieson is ahead in the pecking order of Bazzo.

Livingstone is slow and can be clumsy at times. His footskills are also much worse than Jamieson. (amazing attitude and aggression though for a ruck/forward and if his kicking improves I think he'll make a much better 2nd forward/ruck than Williams)

Also not related to your comment however I think you will find Jamieson is ahead in the pecking order of Bazzo.
Fair call - I have not seen much of Coen.

Problem with Jamieson is his body does not seem to be capable of coping with the rigors of AFL. I also doubt he can read the play that well. In an ideal world, he becomes for us what Franklin has become for Collingwood.

Which Williams? Jack or Bailey?

Do you have any insights into Bazzo's injury?

While you are at it WCE_phil can you shed any light on why Will Patton was overlooked by all last draft.

I was surprised by the omission, as I rated him and thought he was a pure footballer.
Whilst he does have some limitations, his footballing IQ I thought was elite.

Obviously the recruiting fraternity thought otherwise.

Given that you were a member of said fraternity during the last draft period and now are free from the shackles of censure from employers, can you give us your take on him being overlooked and what “intel” you heard in regards to him not being AFL quality .

While you are at it WCE_phil can you shed any light on why Will Patton was overlooked by all last draft.

I was surprised by the omission, as I rated him and thought he was a pure footballer.
Whilst he does have some limitations, his footballing IQ I thought was elite.

Obviously the recruiting fraternity thought otherwise.

Given that you were a member of said fraternity during the last draft period and now are free from the shackles of censure from employers, can you give us your take on him being overlooked and what “intel” you heard in regards to him not being AFL quality .
I watched a SANFL game he played 2 weeks ago and he was good.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Joe Berry has been one of the most consistent goal scorers in this years talent league having registered four majors in three of his four games for the Bushrangers. He's giving Isaac Kako a run as best small forward in this years national draft, ticking all the boxes for a modern small forward. Nice size, quick off the mark, able to anticipate and crumb a ground ball at pace and adept overhead, not to mention a sharpshooter around goal.

Has anyone had a really good look at Blight for Peel this year? Loves the contest but is he just Harry Edwards lite?

I remember him being marketed as the best player of all time back in the day. O'Meara too. Both have ended up pretty spudly.

Makes you wonder if GC's below par system has ruined them or if they were always just not that good ultimately.
None were as highly rated as Swallow. He was the highest rated underager that I can recall in the last 20 years.
And while he's definitely not a spud, at no point has he ever got close to fulfilling his underage potential.

Hoping Logan McDonald has an absolute blinder tonight in front of Freo eyes, shame about the weather forecast. Will drive up the price and Sydney with have to pay through their ears to keep him and help shake The Chad loose next year or Dockers have to use their two best 1Rs minimum to get him over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping Logan McDonald has an absolute blinder tonight in front of Freo eyes, shame about the weather forecast. Will drive up the price and Sydney with have to pay through their ears to keep him and help shake The Chad loose next year or Dockers have to use their two best 1Rs minimum to get him over.
Reckon Freo probably cool on Logan, now that Treacy has come on in leaps and bounds. If I were them, I'd just take the 3 first rounders to the draft, or cash them in for first rounders next year, then make a play for Warner.

Reckon Freo probably cool on Logan, now that Treacy has come on in leaps and bounds. If I were them, I'd just take the 3 first rounders to the draft, or cash them in for first rounders next year, then make a play for Warner.
Agreed but I just don’t think they will be able to help themselves. If I was Freo I’d use the middle or last 1R for Baker and take the other two to the draft.

If the ladder finished as is

GC would have 8 and 9 (just before Freo having 3 picks)

Would love to swap 4 for 8 & 9
Assuming ladder positions remain it’s going to be a very interesting state of play. There could be some shuffling of picks 1-4 but I expect the same 4 teams to hold the picks in that range.

North will want pick 1 for Smillie and probably another pick around 4 to get die had Roos supporter and grandson of Doug Wade Luke Trainor.

Richmond have a wealth of picks to package up to try and get as high as they can in the draft order, it will be challenging to outbid them for the GCS picks.

Hawks might look at splitting Pick 3 for a Bailey Smith trade and still take another 1R to the draft. Alternatively they may use their F1.

Gold Coast will not want to be holding a pick between 5 and 20 which will be eaten up by a Lombard NGA bid. They’ll likely want to get into the top 5, trade for a player or move into the pointy end of next year’s draft with 4 NGA prospects including one likely to be in pick 1 discussions.

The draft order as it stands probably looks similar to:

Smillie
Ashcroft
O’Sullivan
Trainor
Lombard
Smith
Draper
Moraes

There’s also 3-4 KPFs that will look to push into the top 10 at the champs. I think there’s likely to be far more pick trading in the top 20 this year as opposed to last year.

One of the most impressive inside mid displays we've seen so far this season. Lindsay spent a decent amount of time in the forward line, but whenever he was in the midfield he had it on a string racking double digit clearances. His kicking wasnt always accurate, but he was attacking and direct pumping the ball inside 50 ten times.

During the madness of draft week last year a number of posters rated the SA u18 captain will Patton. He missed at the draft and is in the SANFL now. Surely we need defenders.

Witherden rotham cole are dead men walking in my view.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
He missed because of a few reasons but leadership and quality of character were not the issues .

Unfortunately he was too short to play as a KPD or 3rd tall and too slow to play on small/medium forwards .

His kicking is also not elite enough to carry him in the side like hurn or Rich .

He is like another witherden

I remember him being marketed as the best player of all time back in the day. O'Meara too. Both have ended up pretty spudly.

Makes you wonder if GC's below par system has ruined them or if they were always just not that good ultimately.
O'meara was an absolute gun until he did his knee then he lost all his explosiveness out of stoppage which was his point of difference .

Would be a good get for the right price

It's that price that concerns me. Wouldn't be splitting our 1st just to get him and can't see how else it would get done. Future 2nd probably doesn't get it done but that's what I'd offer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back