List Mgmt. Confirmed List Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
St Kilda currently holds pick No. 4 (Vic No. 2), 12 (Vic No. 8), 36 (Vic No. 21), 39 (Vic No. 22), 48 (Vic No. 28) and 54 (Vic No. 31).
St Kilda has three spots on its list to fill heading into this year’s AFL Women’s Draft.

OUT:
Ali Brown (delisted)
Selena Karlson (retired)
Tamara Luke (delisted)
Nadia von Bertouch (delisted)
Poppy Kelly (traded for pick No. 48/Vic No. 28)
Claudia Whitfort (traded for pick No. 36/Vic No. 21)
Clara Fitzpatrick (delisted)

IN:
Alana Woodward (DFA Richmond)
Paige Price (Rookie)
Ella Friend (Pick 4/GWV Rebels)
Ashleigh Richards (Pick 12/Dandenong Stingrays)
Leah Cutting (Free Agent/Norwood)

Always a tough time of the season, changes needing to be made to bring in the new draftees. They have potential and I hope they get picked up somewhere. Not too many impressed that von Bertouch is gone. More changes to come by the sounds of it.

Alana Woodward
Alice Burke
Ashleigh Richards
Bianca Jakobsson
Caitlin Greiser
Cat Phillips
Darcy Guttridge
Ella Friend
Georgia Patrikios
Hannah Priest
Isabella Shannon
Jacqui Vogt
Jayde van Dyk
Jessica Matin
Kate McCarthy
Kate Shierlaw
Leah Cutting
Molly McDonald
Nat Exon
Nicola Xenos
Olivia Vesely
Paige Price (Rookie)
Rebecca Ott
Renee Saulitis
Rhiannon Watt
Rosie Dillon
Tahlia Meyer
Tarni White
Tilly Lucas-Rodd
Tyanna Smith

Everyone had a crack at it this season except those injured or trapped overseas. Vesely, Fitzpatrick and Xenos were massive losses and missed the entire season.
There's a stack of potential and improvement to come. Greiser, McCarthy, Dillon and Exon probably weren't at their best this season, they'll be looking to go to the next level. I think I only saw Greiser run and use her body during the first and last matches of the year, in which she was great... she really needs to do that each week.
Phillips and Priest stood up, and I think Shierlaw and Lucas-Rodd would compete for the most improved as they had an excellent season. Patrikios probably has the B&F wrapped up, so I'll tip Sheirlaw as runner-up. Lucas-Rodd hitting up targets from the backline, Philips just doesn't stop running, Priest usually on a taller forward, all were great. Watt runs her guts out and always looks buggered, rotating in the ruck with Kelly works ok.
I saw some good signs from many players, Whitfort, Guttridge, Shannon, Vogt, van Dyk, Matin, McDonald, Kelly, Meyer, White... Vogt really has a presence, powerful and a good boot. Shannon got better as the season went on, covers the ground, makes good decisions and has a really good leg on her, she could really be a weapon. McDonald finshed with a bang, if she brings that every week then lookout. I thought van Dyk got better too, composed last line defender. Matin has a lot of smarts and skill, running to the right spots for a second disposal play. White is tough and won't take a step backwards. Kelly showed signs and we need her to go next level. Patrikios had a solid season and can still improve! Smith we all know will be scary good. Saulitis hampered by injury and could be anything.

Stack and stacks of potential. We need to return fitter, stronger, smarter. General team weaknesses are handballs (maybe wearing a glove would give some extra weight behind it, although our final match was the best I've seen from us), tactics/gamesmanship (not using the corridoor and getting thumped, positioning/shepharding/blocking, playing to conditions/wind/spare players front and behind packs/goalsquares etc.), and physicality (strength, pushing opposition in the sides when competing, breaking tackles, those handballs). Improve those areas, get Vesely, Fitzpatrick and Xenos back, draft Prespakis, and we should be big improvers next season.

Last edited:
Do we trade up the draft order? What's the draft depth like this year?

St Kilda currently holds pick No. 4, 22, 25, 36, 39, 48 and 54.

We did;

The Saints bundled pick No. 22 (Vic No. 12) and priority pick No. 25 (Vic No. 14) together in return for the Bulldogs' pick No. 12 (Vic No. 8, on-traded from Carlton).

St Kilda currently holds pick No. 4 (Vic No. 2), 12 (Vic No. 8), 36 (Vic No. 21), 39 (Vic No. 22), 48 (Vic No. 28) and 54 (Vic No. 31).

I know the womens draft/trading is different because of quality of depth, but it kinda looks like we're getting a bit screwed so far. Kelly and Whitfort gone cheaply. Pick 8 traded in for 12 and 14! In the mens game pick 8 is equivalent to picks 21+28 which we hold.
There are so many girls taking up the sport, makes one think that the draft depth will only increase year on year. Giving up pick 14 to move up 4 spots.... we'll look back at this in a few years and see if that was a good call.... I'm expecting a bloody gun at pick 8 now, and not much from 12 and 14 hehe

St Kilda has signed former Tiger Alana Woodward to its playing list ahead of the upcoming 2021/22 Season.
The 30-year-old joins the club as a delisted free agent following two seasons at Richmond.

The article says we'll take 3 picks. Why would we use Vic pick 21 but not pick 22? Surely we should take at least 4 players???

St Kilda has added a new member to its AFLW playing list, with the club granted permission by the AFL to sign basketball convert Paige Price as a rookie.

St Kilda has three spots on its list to fill heading into this year’s AFL Women’s Draft.

7 players out, 2 players in (1 a rookie). Why would we only have 3 list spots to fill?
Matin and Ott were replacement players but have re-signed as part of the primary list, so they are technically ins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back