List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

That'll be a bargain by the end of the deal. Offer him 12 years and 25 mill to blow those flogs away
From memory it was you and I discussing that about a month ago with some nuffies suggesting it’s ridiculous…

Larkey scored 0 goals in the 2nd before Frampton went back.
And 4 opposed to Moore in the 1st. Perhaps you’d prefer me to reference the 4 from McKay, Hogan and McDonald. Big forwards have got us regularly the past two years.

The way salaries are going 2 million a year wont be far away for the top liners
The discussion I heard the other day on SEN was that there’ll be 50 $1m plus players during the next CBA. The average punter is slow to get their head around just how much the salary cap is jumping!

The discussion I heard the other day on SEN was that there’ll be 50 $1m plus players during the next CBA. The average punter is slow to get their head around just how much the salary cap is jumping!
I think the average salary now is around 450k. So i always thought it was funny people jumping up and down that we extracted McStay out of Brisbane for the rumoured 600k a year. Very simplistic way of viewing it but 500k a year is stock standard now

I think the average salary now is around 450k. So i always thought it was funny people jumping up and down that we extracted McStay out of Brisbane for the rumoured 600k a year. Very simplistic way of viewing it but 500k a year is stock standard now
There was lots of melts at the time lol

What I particularly like is the fact that Clayton Oliver has built in increases in line with the new total player payment increases. Apparently he will be moving up from $1m to $1.2m pa.

What I particularly like is the fact that Clayton Oliver has built in increases in line with the new total player payment increases. Apparently he will be moving up from $1m to $1.2m pa.
It makes our Grundy debacle look almost palatable! I genuinely don’t know how Melbourne fix that mess because he’s cooked…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will, but not until around 2028. The rate of growth as Sidey pointed out isn’t quite 20% under the remainder of the CBA, but a more modest 14.4% post 2024.

Between now and then it’s the total $ increase that provides the biggest change. The extra $2.6m will be a massive shot in the arm for top end wages with base payments only jumping $25k across the same timeline.

Sack Goodwin and find a Fly replica that can make him feel wanted enough to pull his finger out
The thing is I think he’s cooked physically as well as metaphorically… I wouldn’t be shocked if he has a Polec/ Hannebery career end where he just plays out a year or two beyond 2024, is then demoted to the rookie list and relagated to the “couldabeen” list. Who’s taking him and his wage on? Maybe Geelong? Perhaps Adelaide? Beyond that I can’t see a fit.

He was on track for a Bontempelli/ Pendlebury type career as recently as 2022 it’s staggering what’s happening and a fantastic insight into what a non elite lifestyle can do to a professional sportsperson.

Maybe a 1st and a 2nd

Have to have points in mind for Mcguane which they will know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen Tommy play a few times and he looks really promising, but it's way too early to thinking about banking points for him. The flexibility in trading mean that we can leave it late anyway, we'll find the points if we need it. Doesn't need to limit our decision making now.

I've seen Tommy play a few times and he looks really promising, but it's way too early to thinking about banking points for him. The flexibility in trading mean that we can leave it late anyway, we'll find the points if we need it. Doesn't need to limit our decision making now.
No but these things recruiting departments tend to think about way ahead. Just like Carlton have done last year, and we knew we had to bank points for Nick.
You don't want to leave yourself short. But they'll know what will be required, and have time to do so in the next 12 months. And the ability to trade a couple years ahead will help with points as well.

No but these things recruiting departments tend to think about way ahead. Just like Carlton have done last year, and we knew we had to bank points for Nick.
You don't want to leave yourself short. But they'll know what will be required, and have time to do so in the next 12 months. And the ability to trade a couple years ahead will help with points as well.
If it comes down to a decision for the club between acquiring McDonald and sacrificing points toward McGuane or sacrificing McDonald to bank points for McGuane they would be derelict in their duties to choose the latter. There’s essentially no way we miss on McGuane if we want him.

There isn't one - let Gary Pert sort it out
The industry will remember him as a CEO for two premierships, but for me it’ll always be the off field cultures that prospered under his leadership.

If it comes down to a decision for the club between acquiring McDonald and sacrificing points toward McGuane or sacrificing McDonald to bank points for McGuane they would be derelict in their duties to choose the latter. There’s essentially no way we miss on McGuane if we want him.
Yeah, recruiting teams are usually good at knowing whats coming through and whats needed for the draft and what you are willing to use at the trade table.
And with the able to use picks for multiple years, it'll give more options to play at.

Yeah, recruiting teams are usually good at knowing whats coming through and whats needed for the draft and what you are willing to use at the trade table.
And with the able to use picks for multiple years, it'll give more options to play at.
Correct and if you’re at all concerned this might set your mind at ease based on what’s coming out of AFL house.

We could in theory trade our 2025 1st, 2026 1st and Hawthorn’s 2024 2nd for McDonald and still have have access to our full suite of 2027 picks, most likely our full suite of 2028 picks and any picks we retain for 2025 and 2026 by the time a decision needs to be made on how to acquire McGuane. I’m not suggesting that’s McDonald’s value rather that’s a potential offer we could present.

That’s before we consider any pick upgrades or player trades we execute 👍

From all reports its Hawks v Saints for Battle.
Probably would be good to remind yourself it’s June and the majority of the media is just guessing at this point. Most Journos had Treloar as a lock for the tigers at this time of year back in the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back