List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Very curious to see which defender/defenders we have in our sights. They must be confident that they have a reasonable shot at getting them, otherwise they wouldn't have left dean without a contract. Considering he is our only genuine backup defender.

My view is that you don't draft for the first two years. You might get lucky with a Daicos or Ashcroft at the pointy end of the draft, but really you're drafting for years 3+. You go into the 2023 draft picking for someone you're hoping will do well and contribute between 2026 and 2036. Age 21-31. I wouldn't factor in any of the blokes you mentioned. We only have about 5 senior players who will play a lot of their career as contemporaries with last year's draft crop. Everything is a need for the period 2026+. With an old team, best available all the way.
It’s a view I share and in which case you’ve got two guys that were at the time list relevant until around 2030 (both of whom offer more athletically). If we’re rolling the clock back I’m going to suggest midfield with scope to play flank was the greater need than undersized KPF because at that point we had the Daicais as established mids with positional scope that would hit that band for any serious length of time. That’s it.

I don’t think we’ve seen anywhere near enough to mount a case for or against Morris with the pick we used on HDM, but I’m pretty strong that if we were reaching with a need in that draft it wasn’t on a KPF.

HH maybe, but he hasn’t solidified a role yet

Parker… should have stuck to cricket
I'm no expert in talent identification but your comment about Parker seems a bit strange.
From the little that we did see of him, he seemed like a gifted footballer to me.

I believe he will become a regular in our best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back