List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Think they offered that way before Houston has indicated he would like to come to vic.
They've been after him for 4 years. Maybe they think they can play them together and move other players around.

But they also would be assured they can deal with the loss of Houston if they get both Cumming and Perryman.
But they are still asking for 2 1sts for Houston.
Two first round picks for Houston? A bit OTT isnā€™t it or is that just the ambit claim?

How far off a flag do people realistically think we are next year?

even with a healthy list. We lack Key defender and more mid support. Above average HBF. Need to switch magnets to get Sidey and Pendles out of the middle of the ground. But who comes in as midfielders.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Given how even the competition is and how there isn't really a stand out team right now.

If we can get a slightly easier draw from our finishing position.

If we can have better luck with injuries and keeping players fit.

If we can have a few of our youth have breakout years.

If we can add a few pieces in trade to help fill gaps that we have.

Then I think we are in it up to our eyeballs next year.

i'm missing the point? Exactly where on earth did I say we need to be good citizens? All I said was demanding pick 12 for Noble is utterly ridiculous and accomplishes nothing.
Then Noble goes nowhere. He has 2 years remaining on his contract. We donā€™t need to offload a senior player for nothing.
Gold Coast and Noble can go get effed.

Given how even the competition is and how there isn't really a stand out team right now.

If we can get a slightly easier draw from our finishing position.

If we can have better luck with injuries and keeping players fit.

If we can have a few of our youth have breakout years.

If we can add a few pieces in trade to help fill gaps that we have.

Then I think we are in it up to our eyeballs next year.
Thereā€™s a lot of IFS there

Youā€™ve provided 8 examples over a 16 year period of which 2 were priority signings and 3 are bare passes as KPFā€™s. Thatā€™s dreadful! For every one of those players youā€™ve named thereā€™d be 3 from Collingwood alone that are no good.

Iā€™m also not suggesting we have to invest an early pick itā€™s more that the numbers say draft wise thatā€™s your best shot. Logan Morris was there last year when we took HDM and is playing in on Saturday. In this draft thereā€™s probably 5 options inside the top 30. Derkson though sits squarely in the Schache leaving Brisbane or Krueger leaving Geelong brackets.

If youā€™d like to continue to shuffle deck chairs on the Titanic go for it, but Iā€™d rather the club target talls in a less speculative way by sticking with one mature age project at a time.

Several names over 15 yearsā€¦ plus names I havenā€™t mentionedā€¦ proves my point entirely

Versus ignoring alternate pathways and waiting for top 10 picks we donā€™t spend on talls anyway šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

And you completely ignore what the likes of Cameron, Cox, Frampton and mihocek have contributed to the piesā€¦ if up to you, pies would never have recruited them cause they were speculative or failed players

Iā€™m not saying put all our eggs in the derksen basketā€¦ can offer up a late pick and get the deal done cause Giants obviously want him off the books

Sure, target a tall inside the top 30 but how long til - if - they come on?

In the meantime you want us to sit on our hands and persevere with Johnson and Krueger as the back ups ?

Weā€™ve seen what they can do at AFL levelā€¦ time to move on

Rigid thinking gets list development nowhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got nothing left. It's going to be an interesting trade period

Donā€™t give up manic.

You must have some more obscure players at other clubs that we are ā€˜interestedā€™ in, who are named after geographical features.

I really enjoyed your Cumberland River reference. Coming on top of Derrimut, the Victorian place names approach to drafting could be a winner for the Pies. Or at least, itā€™s a different drafting strategy.

Jamaine Jones anyone?

And how exactly do we go from a bugger all draft position to having 3 or 4 first round draft picks in a super draft?

Ah, let's see....Trade DeGoey for two first round picks

Trade Noble, F1, and pick 33 to the Suns for two first round picks 12 and 20....

There you go, 4 first round picks...lol...

Donā€™t give up manic.

You must have some more obscure players at other clubs that we are ā€˜interestedā€™ in, who are named after geographical features.

I really enjoyed your Cumberland River reference. Coming on top of Derrimut, the Victorian place names approach to drafting could be a winner for the Pies. Or at least, itā€™s a different drafting strategy.
I do my best to keep things jovial. Cumberland was very frustrating. I was getting places like she Oak , St. George's, Carisbrook and Kennet river. Sometimes I think it's time to grow up but it's the silly season and we need more riddles

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back