List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

it’s a problem we can park for a year. I’m happy back in frampton Eyre and even Reef if he’s able to reinvent himself. With Houston joining our defence that will free up Maynard to play kpp in a case of emergency break glass situation. And bring somebody else in to rookie list of needed who isn’t a washed up 30 year old that wasn’t much good in the first place.
Given Eyre, Dean and Reef are all uncontracted, I think there’s a bit to play out.

Tomlinson isn’t great, but he’s a solid rebounder and overhead who can run all day. I would prefer Dean but don’t mind Tomlinson as depth, both over Eyre for me

Tell GIF by Grease Live

Collingwood's social media team absolutely slacking

West Coast already posting about Owies and Baker

Takes time to rush Houston over and get the publicity shots done.

So we have no early pick in this great draft 💀
Didn’t have it a week ago either.

Wouldn’t have it now either unless we got rid of a top line player.

52,55,58. Surely they would equal some more points for Brisbane for maybe 42 and Robertson?
Don't mind this idea - values Robertson at about a mid third rounder which I wouldn't want to pay more than for him tbh.

I still think we'll see one of Fin or Reef move before the end of tomorrow - so that could be part of a Membrey deal if that link comes true?

If we had pick 10 the deal may have been easier, but I'm sure we'd have given up more: both 10 and F1. Instead we have Schultz and Houston. Much better than just Houston alone. We'd have kept some later picks, but don't think either 10 or F1 would have stayed with us.
It could have allowed us to just do 10 + F2 or 10 + Noble compensation. I think it’s a stretch to just assume it was automatically 2 1sts had we held this years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given Eyre, Dean and Reef are all uncontracted, I think there’s a bit to play out.

Tomlinson isn’t great, but he’s a solid rebounder and overhead who can run all day. I would prefer Dean but don’t mind Tomlinson as depth, both over Eyre for me
I’m not denying there’s a bit to play out and yes I forgot Dean. I think players with upside are preferred at least by me… experience is overrated if that’s the only thing you bring to the table. I’d rather the club applied some patience with this position

It could have allowed us to just do 10 + F2 or 10 + Noble compensation. I think it’s a stretch to just assume it was automatically 2 1sts had we held this years.
It "could". Just my view that it wouldn't have. Clubs are going to demand the max. Given that Houston is worth two firsts I'm almost sure we'd have accepted that deal. If you have the picks to pay fair value you don't get a contracted player for under value. We were fortunate to not have more picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back