List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Just drop the McStay and make it a welcoming of all Dans.

giphy.gif

They got the 2nd for free in that deal and 14 would have been earmarked for Barrass if they had not made it.

I can only assume then any deal for 13 would only come about after they deal with WC with a F1 and 2nd.

They're looking to have themselves back in the 1st round and the 2nd round pick required as extra to land it was essentially paid for by Carlton in deal 1.

In reality though if we're prepared to hand over pick 36 alongside a F1 then their offer for 13 isn't good enough to move the dial.

Melbourne and the Saints in particular would be more inviting.

P.S- If the deal for Barrass was a F1 and F2 Hawthorn wouldn't be in a postion to offer up another F1 and F2 for 13. I believe that's correct.

One of those seconds would need to be 33.
But they could have done the same without trading in and out - it will have resulted in them moving up 1 spot, but very likely that they wouldn't get the second deal with GC that they need to do it.

Me yesterday.

Is he expected to be bid on inside the top 10 now?

Essendon might hold and set up a contingency for draft night should that occur rather than trade it now.

I'm not sure if it's every happened but I guess someone like Melbourne with pick 5 could indicate to Essendon they'll bid to try and force a trade now for 9. Melbourne have plenty to play with. Richmond if they end up with 6 another good option. The Saints could look to end up with 7,8,9.

Mightn't be such a bad thing for Essendon anyway to be essentially blackmailed as they find out what someone like Melbourne would offer and they can compare and negotiate deals with others to see if it can be beaten.

I don't see us having the currency to be in the running.

There seems to be an extremely high level of panic over Dan. Its all media hype because we sell papers and generate clicks. Honestly go back to listen to Chris Davies and Leppa on DAY ONE of the trade week. Both of their comments were saying (without directly coming out and saying) he will be at Collingwood next year.
CD said "we need to do whats best for us but also whats best for Dan. Its a bit of a balancing act". Translation: Even though Norf have a far superior offer, Dan doesnt wanna play in front of 3 men and a dog every week.
Leppa said "Were confident of getting him to the footy club" Translation: The trade will get done at some point over the next 10 days.

Im convinced the AFL make clubs hold off as long as possible to give the AFL journos something to talk about and keep generating interest in the AFL despite the season being over.

#Dantothepiesin25. Sorted.

If Dees get pick 9 from Bombers that is a great outcome. Means they are out of the race for 13 and should have us in the box seat as it was reported it was a two horse race between us and Dees to get the pick.

Also keeps North in second for houston.

I’m confident it’s ours now.

Then it also depends on who the Dees have their eye on. If they have 2 targets or they use the new picks to get right to the top.

Could they then go 5 & 9 to North for pick 2? North then have 9 to throw at Port for Dan? Hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see how these are better than our offer
(1) Melbourne F1 and pick 28 this year - so pick 28 substitutes for Noble and GC screw up deal - we won't take 28
(2) Sydney 19 & 20 - nice if GC were chasing multiple draft selections
(3) Dogs F1 - unders to everyone
(4) our F1 and Noble still the best deal as far as I can figure
We haven't offered F1 and Noble just for Pick 13 have we?

True, but;
a) Gold Coast are after Noble
b) Gold Coast are being belligerent
c) Melbourne have the bid threat on Essendon’s NGA player to leverage that trade with Essendon.

There seems to be an extremely high level of panic over Dan. Its all media hype because we sell papers and generate clicks. Honestly go back to listen to Chris Davies and Leppa on DAY ONE of the trade week. Both of their comments were saying (without directly coming out and saying) he will be at Collingwood next year.
CD said "we need to do whats best for us but also whats best for Dan. Its a bit of a balancing act". Translation: Even though Norf have a far superior offer, Dan doesnt wanna play in front of 3 men and a dog every week.
Leppa said "Were confident of getting him to the footy club" Translation: The trade will get done at some point over the next 10 days.

Im convinced the AFL make clubs hold off as long as possible to give the AFL journos something to talk about and keep generating interest in the AFL despite the season being over.

#Dantothepiesin25. Sorted.

I think clubs have the major pieces decided early, but the smaller pieces get bargained about for ages.

Nah. It's a strong draft. That pick is just worth more than the future first of a team expecting to play finals
We know exactly what it's worth. Blues traded F1 and F2 for 14. Dees have offered F1 and 2nd rounder for 13. Not sure why that's being reported as an "aggressive" bid when it's basically the same as the Blues gave for 14.

So from completed deals and offers pick 13 is worth F1 and a second rounder. We can do that easily. From there it depends on what we need to pass onto Port and what Suns need to give for Noble.

Why is that?
Because 99.9% of the time when a player wants to get traded they get traded.
Stop reading journo fluff, get a hold of your anxiety and just let things play out without jumping to the worst case scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back