List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeping him & Kennedy at arm's length was them holding cap space for a possible run at Houston, yeah?
You can't put them in the same category because Kennedy is contracted and Owies isn't. Owies they could just not re-sign, to save the space, but Kennedy they would have to actually move. Lewis Young is the other one they've been trying to move, as he's contracted.

It's that our future first isn't worth 13.

How is it not?

Even if we won the flag it's Pick 18 as a starting point in a draft they want more high picks in

Rumours the dogs might blow us out of the water for pick 13 now. As well as the Swans bid
If the Suns just take the best offer for 13 I think we are done and dusted.

"Collingwood list boss Justin Leppitsch says the soaring value of a first-round pick held by Gold Coast is making it “complicated and messy” for the Magpies to bring across Dan Houston."

Not anymore
Just fyi, we’ve got Melbournes F1 and Norths F1 on the table for 13, so Collingwood needs to beat those offers really.

13 for Noble + F1 wouldn’t really even beat 13 for Norths F1 but we’d do it to get Noble sorted.

Rumours the dogs might blow us out of the water for pick 13 now. As well as the Swans bid
If the Suns just take the best offer for 13 I think we are done and dusted.
Cool. They can have fun not getting John Noble then.

Go to him and his management and tell them that despite recruiting him, making a long-term contract offer to him, and committing to negotiating for him, they siimply chose to make other, unrelated deals and not actually get the deal done for Noble.

I'm sure that will make them look excellent as an option for all future clients of that management company, and players on the move in general. Gold Coast can afford a massive failure with regards to their player recruitment reputation, right?

I think it's us and Port arguing about who gets 23 and who gets 29.

Everyone will do well.

Here's what I think:

GC will get two future firsts some points for Lombard (our 36 and Ports 38), Lukosius's salary gone. Noble

Port will get 13, upgrade of 2nd round to 23/29, Lukosius and Richards

Us: Houston and upgrade of 2nd round pick to 23/29

Probably all gets settled with someone throwing in something small. GC - as I think they're benefiting the most

SR36 the voice of common sense! I’ll believe though when I see it - hope it happens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just fyi, we’ve got Melbournes F1 and Norths F1 on the table for 13, so Collingwood needs to beat those offers really.

13 for Noble + F1 wouldn’t really even beat 13 for Norths F1 but we’d do it to get Noble sorted.
Well how badly do the Suns want Noble, surely he is now a priority along with Rioli for the Suns to bring them both into the club.

As you said, the key difference in all this cluster is:

• You guys want Noble
  • Port wants Lukosius
  • Port wants Richards
  • Collingwood wants Houston

So we all have something each other wants

You guys allegedly need more for next year's draft
Port wants this year's draft
We want this years' draft

I still reckon it gets done, but one of the three will have to blink at some point. My guess is it's us or you guys that blink. I doubt Port does because I don't think Houston desperately wants out. So Port will gladly say whatevs and keep Houston

Gosh North getting risqué if true. We wouldnt even attempt to ‘beat’ a future top 4 pick. That’s insanity.

Suspect you guys are more interested in adding experience and will take the lesser package if it gets you that.

Suns have enough top end draft talent coming through to prioritise players vs picks.

That's as good as getting noble for nothing. If GC feel they have better offers from NM and Melbourne they are better of taking them.
F1 by itself is close to pick 13 value, not getting anything back for Noble in that offer. Thanks but no thanks.

Why would North put a top 4 pick on the table for 13? Seems a bit odd.

What a complete snore fest these trade periods are. Narcissistic journalist making shit up, and trade radio is absolute trash. I don’t know how people can listen to the absolute garbage that spews from those amateurs.

In my view worst case scenario we keep JFN and Richard’s (re sign). We trade next years first into this years draft and move on.

Go pies

Gosh North getting risqué if true. We wouldnt even attempt to ‘beat’ a future top 4 pick. That’s insanity.

Suspect you guys are more interested in adding experience and will take the lesser package if it gets you that.

Suns have enough top end draft talent coming through to prioritise players vs picks.
Yep GC should probably already have jumped at that offer if true...

I don't think North's F1 is a straight swap.

Melb's F1 would be similar value to our F1 in terms of where we could both finish next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back