List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People rightly love that spearing pass into the F50 but that first distributor role is almost as crucial, Wellers did it well for one,
Pendles is a beautiful user of the ball inside 50.

So Kreuger takes Greenwood's vacancy. Lipinski will take Mayne's vacancy.

Assuming no one gets traded out, this is how I see it potentially going down:

5 seniors unsigned - Rantall, Lynch, Thomas, Sier and Cox.

Lynch stays as a younger, more efficient ruck depth than Cox, who gets delisted.

Vacancy opens up for Daicos.

A choice is made to re-sign two of Rantall, Thomas and Sier. The third is delisted, creating a vacancy for Dib.

One of the two is moved to the rookie list, creating a senior vacancy for Noble.

Chugg probably gets signed now that we've pulled out of the Stengle chase.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

This all gets a bit messy, but I think TRS is on the money which likely means that all of the bolded group are delisted. I think Lynch leaves for opportunity (Hawthorn) and Cox is retained. That provides 4 senior list spots.

I think it’s likely that we want 5 picks available at the draft to allow us to move 22 in to 2022. I also don’t know where Madgen fits in all this because AFAIK he’s an unsigned senior list player and he’s both a prime candidate for a sly contract extension or a delisted re-rookie. That could the the 5th spot.

I have us with 6 category A rookies (Keane, Ginnivan, Noble, Chugg, Begg and Johnson) and if we upgrade Noble :sick: that leaves 1 spot open for someone to be re-rookied. Although I’d delist Chugg and have 2 rookie spots.

I assume 36-6 is the structure we plan to carry into 2022 meaning we’ll have two live late picks in the draft that most likely start at 60 odd and come in a long way once FS bidding is done.

Last edited:

This all gets a bit messy sometimes, but I think TRS is on the money which likely means that all of the bolded group are delisted. I think Lynch leaves for opportunity (Hawthorn) and Cox is retained. That provides 4 senior list spots.

I have us with 6 category A rookies (Keane, Ginnivan, Noble, Chugg, Begg and Johnson) and if we upgrade Noble :sick: that leaves 1 spot open for someone to be re-rookied.

I think it’s likely that we want 5 picks at the draft though to allow us to move 22 in to 2022. I also don’t know where Madgen fits in all this because AFAIK he’s an unsigned senior list player and he’s both a prime candidate for a sly contract extension or a delisted re-rookie.

So we finish 17th and basically keep the list together. The team that played majority of season remains in tact.

Would not be happy.

This all gets a bit messy, but I think TRS is on the money which likely means that all of the bolded group are delisted. I think Lynch leaves for opportunity (Hawthorn) and Cox is retained. That provides 4 senior list spots.

I think it’s likely that we want 5 picks available at the draft to allow us to move 22 in to 2022. I also don’t know where Madgen fits in all this because AFAIK he’s an unsigned senior list player and he’s both a prime candidate for a sly contract extension or a delisted re-rookie. That could the the 5th spot.

I have us with 6 category A rookies (Keane, Ginnivan, Noble, Chugg, Begg and Johnson) and if we upgrade Noble :sick: that leaves 1 spot open for someone to be re-rookied. Although I’d delist Chugg and have 2 rookie spots.

I assume 36-6 is the structure we plan to carry into 2022 meaning we’ll have two live late picks in the draft that most likely start at 60 odd and come in a long way once FS bidding is done.
This should be a time of list rationalization and restructure so no surprises it's a bit messy at present.

Hopefully looking more consolidated by the end of the trad/draft period.

So we finish 17th and basically keep the list together. The team that played majority of season remains in tact.

Would not be happy.

I’ve since edited my post slightly because I’m not confident with any of this unlike the trading side of the equation, but the way I see it:

In: Daicos, Dib, late pick, late pick, Kreuger, Lipinski and Noble promoted

Out: Lynch, Rantall, Sier, JT, Madgen, Greenwood and Mayne

At least 1 of the bolded group is retained as a rookie.

To specifically address your post I agree and I’d be cutting deeper (Murphy, C Brown, Chugg and Noble would all go with the first two re-rookied), but I think in the context of COVID that’s a lot of movement. The changes I’m expecting would leave us with the highest turnover of any club through 2020-2021 and by a long margin too I believe.

Also whilst the list isn’t as strong as it was 17-20 it’s nowhere near the 17th ranked list, IMO, and the majority of our improvement should be expected from system and internal list improvements not acquisitions. For instance with a decent system in place we probably give finals a nudge, but then Buckley keeps his job so swings and roundabouts I guess.

Last edited:
This is by far one of the strangest and most boring trade periods of all time. It's hard to believe we've actually done the most so far.

Someone just posted in the rumour thread on the main board that apparently North are already shopping Stephenson around 😂😂😂
Would not surprise that's one wayward boy.

As for Brander, we don't seem the type of club that has ever just picked up the slops at the end of trade week. That's something you'd expect from a St Kilda (think McKernan), but not something we've typically done.

Golds the last of them? I often wonder what goes through the heads of list managers/ recruiters when they bring in guys like that…

I’ve since edited my post slightly because I’m not confident with any of this unlike the trading side of the equation, but the way I see it:

To specifically address your post I agree and I’d be cutting deeper (Murphy, C Brown, Chugg and Noble would all go with the first two re-rookied), but I think in the context of COVID that’s a lot of movement. The changes I’m expecting would leave us with the highest turnover of any club through 2020-2021 and by a long margin too I believe.

Also whilst the list isn’t as strong as it was 17-21 it’s nowhere near the 17th ranked list, IMO, and the majority of our improvement should be expected from system and internal list improvements not acquisitions. For instance with a decent system in place we probably give finals a nudge, but then Buckley keeps his job so swings and roundabouts I guess.

That’s a pretty good summation. Don’t think we have the wriggle room to cut much deeper this year and especially given restricted VFL and lack of depth with a young list I’d give the benefit of the doubt to the likes of Murphy noble chugg etc… maybe Randall too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Kreuger takes Greenwood's vacancy. Lipinski will take Mayne's vacancy.

Assuming no one gets traded out, this is how I see it potentially going down:

5 seniors unsigned - Rantall, Lynch, Thomas, Sier and Cox.

Lynch stays as a younger, more efficient ruck depth than Cox, who gets delisted.

Vacancy opens up for Daicos.

A choice is made to re-sign two of Rantall, Thomas and Sier. The third is delisted, creating a vacancy for Dib.

One of the two is moved to the rookie list, creating a senior vacancy for Noble.

Chugg probably gets signed now that we've pulled out of the Stengle chase.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
We can’t afford to delay the rebuild by only taking Daicos and Dib.

This is by far one of the strangest and most boring trade periods of all time. It's hard to believe we've actually done the most so far.

Someone just posted in the rumour thread on the main board that apparently North are already shopping Stephenson around 😂😂😂
Pick 55 and Norf pay half his salary and we’ll take him back thx

Also whilst the list isn’t as strong as it was 17-21 it’s nowhere near the 17th ranked list, IMO, and the majority of our improvement should be expected from system and internal list improvements not acquisitions. For instance with a decent system in place we probably give finals a nudge, but then Buckley keeps his job so swings and roundabouts I guess.

Why do yo have it in for Noble?

he’s great

I could be wrong, but I think Madgen has signed a 1 year extension.

That was a strange one, almost had a Briskey feel to it. Was he good mates with Treloar or something?
Golds was clearly a stable buddy for Treloar. There was also a lot of talk at the time that we gave him a Holden ambassador gig and his girlfriend a cushy job to get the deal over the line. It's why I'm a bit meh when I hear how generous he was to the club by backending his contract.

Anyway, that's the end of my whinge. Back to trades...

Lipinski and Krueger are young enough to be included in the rebuild calculations. Plus the dozen from the past two drafts. Far from delaying it, we actually got a head start last year. I would assume we will have another live pick or two as well but it’s at the margin

We haven’t. We started the rebuild last year with Henry, McRae, McInnes etc.

There is a limit to how many kids you bring in over a short period.
Yep there were some really solid foundations laid last year. Pieces being added this year. More will be next year. Its all happened beneath the radar of AFL media types who reckon we're a basket case for the next 5 years. By the end of season 2022 I think we'll all be looking forward with optimism

The rebuild is already underway. We took 6 players in the National Draft last year, 2 in the rookie draft and 2 in the mid-season draft. Half the list, literally half the list, is in the 1-3 year bracket.

There is such a thing as having too much youth in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back