Chris Knights currently playing the best of all under 50 game players in the comp

Remove this Banner Ad

jarmanagic

Club Legend
Nov 25, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Knights is an emerging star. No profile out of SA and not a high draft pick thus this comment wil suprise plenty, but is a clean ball handler, ball magnet, fast, good defensively and kicking now excellent. I'm sure it is easy to play well in a good side rather than the grind Murphy/Deledio find themselves in, but the numbers speak for themselves (averaging 25 possessions a game in 07), no junior has had a better 2007

homer.jpg

Ding Ding Ding!

I think he's gone alright, but there are a few players on our list with <50 games that would be as good. Adcock, Selwood, Drummond, Rischitelli and how could i forget Hadley.

that is an interesting website, but I said currently (2007) so averages extending back over 3-4 years can be a bit misleading. I think his two main contenders inthat group this year are Heath Shaw and Hamish Mcintosh. Murphy/Gibbs/Dale Thomas etc might well be better in time but arent going as well at the moment week in week out

Good player and an absolute ball magnet. But, sometimes his disposal and decision making lets him down. Still has a very bright future and will only get better.

Good player and an absolute ball magnet. But, sometimes his disposal and decision making lets him down. Still has a very bright future and will only get better.

Valid criticism last year - most Crows supporters said the same thing.

Disposal and decision making have improved out of sight this year though.

Ashley Hansen 47 games
Mark Nicoski 46 games
Beau Waters 45 games
Matt Rosa 31 games
Shannon Hurn 19 games
Matthew Priddis 15 games
Mark LeCras 14 games

All better than Chris Knights.

There is not a sane person in the world who would take Chris Knights over Hamish McIntosh.

But I like the kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ashley Hansen 47 games
Mark Nicoski 46 games
Beau Waters 45 games
Matt Rosa 31 games
Shannon Hurn 19 games
Matthew Priddis 15 games
Mark LeCras 14 games

Yes sure. :rolleyes:

Hansen - Garbage, turning circle of the Queen Mary
Nicoski - Never plays
Waters - His reckless actions sugarcoat his lack of skill
Rosa - Average
Hurn - Only has a thumping kick, not much else.
Priddis - Wait until he gets a tag
LeCras - Worst of the lot.

Ashley Hansen 47 games
Mark Nicoski 46 games
Beau Waters 45 games
Matt Rosa 31 games
Shannon Hurn 19 games
Matthew Priddis 15 games
Mark LeCras 14 games

I agree with the ones not bolded, but LeCras has been far from consistent ( although has been good in the last few) and Priddis, while started out well has been tagged and shut down pretty easily since his dream start

Hurn, Waters, Rosa and Nicoski are guns

Hansen has been very good. He struggled to get back into the team at the start of the season after his injury IIRC

but i would say they are all (except LeCras and Priddis)a bit better than Knights at the moment.

And i do get to see a lot of Eagles games, as i live in WA. But these are just my opinion.

Have to agree there, good ruckman are harder to find. Though the crows would be better off with Knights, as our ruck stocks are well covered.

Your midfield goes alright as well. Edwards, Thompson, Goodwin. Shriley, Doughty, Reilly, Van Berlo.

They are better then Hudson, Griffen, Maric, and the injured bloke cant reember his name.

I would say your ruck stocks need to be improved more than your midfielders.

Also why do you guys rate Van Berlo so highly?. Does this occasional good thing but you guys trat him like god. Why all the hype?

Ashley Hansen 47 games
Mark Nicoski 46 games
Beau Waters 45 games
Matt Rosa 31 games
Shannon Hurn 19 games
Matthew Priddis 15 games
Mark LeCras 14 games

Hansen - Good player when he's not injured.
Mark Nicoski - Overrated and doesn't get a game anymore
Beau Waters - Good tough player
Hurn - Good long kick, doesnt get enough of the ball to be damaging
Priddis - Gets alot of the ball but not damaging
LeCras - Overrated, hasn't done too much

Your midfield goes alright as well. Edwards, Thompson, Goodwin. Shriley, Doughty, Reilly, Van Berlo.

They are better then Hudson, Griffen, Maric, and the injured bloke cant reember his name.

I would say your ruck stocks need to be improved more than your midfielders.

Also why do you guys rate Van Berlo so highly?. Does this occasional good thing but you guys trat him like god. Why all the hype?

Our midfield is getting old and need young replacements. Edwards, Roo, Goodwin and Mcleod will retire in a year or two. Shirley is a ok average tagger who's getting old, and Doughty has been mediocre this year.

Hudson is severely underrated and still has a few more seasons to come. Biglands will be back next year, although it might be his last, and we have Griff, Maric and Meeson.

As for VB, he will become a real ball magnet once there is room in the midfield. His performances in the last month with Goodwin out, has proved this.

Hansen - Good player when he's not injured.
Mark Nicoski - Overrated and doesn't get a game anymore
Beau Waters - Good tough player
Hurn - Good long kick, doesnt get enough of the ball to be damaging
Priddis - Gets alot of the ball but not damaging
LeCras - Overrated, hasn't done too much
Nicoski had a serious ankle injury that kept him out for the last half of 2006 and injured his shoulder early this year, has only just returned from injury and is a very good player.

LeCras I agree is not better than Knights, but has kicked 7 goals in the last two matches, only really just broken into the team.

I don't see enough of Knights to compare them really but i'm pretty happy with our youngsters.

Oh and Braun_2_B_Wild is a bit of a troll as well, just giving you the heads up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Knights currently playing the best of all under 50 game players in the comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back