Coach Chris Fagan - where is the scrutiny

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lions have a good list to contend for a flag but have underachieved in the last 3 years.

Where is the pressure on Chris Fagan to deliver them success

Similar reasons to Kenny Hinkley at Port. Is a nice guy who is popular amongst the entrenched Melbourne media.

Mind you, Brisbane's list has more holes in it than Swiss Cheese, so i wouldn't give him the flick, would-shake up the footyand recruiting departments though

1-5 finals record with all 5 of those teams making the Grand Final*. Bit unlucky but not quite good enough unfortuntely.

One of those losses was a prelim*
Nah, this is a bullshit excuse.

The teams who have made the grand final have only had to beat one team after us because they are in a prelim.

Team is not good enough, clean out is needed and while I love what Fages has done for us I think his time is up as well. He’s not taking us to that final day in September.

Nah, this is a bullshit excuse.

The teams who have made the grand final have only had to beat one team after us because they are in a prelim.

Team is not good enough, clean out is needed and while I love what Fages has done for us I think his time is up as well. He’s not taking us to that final day in September.
What excuse are you referring to? I literally said we weren't good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The grand final is played in Melbourne nearly every year, why hasn't Carlton won it every year?
Only team under the current top 8 format since 2000 to host a PF against a side who finished 4th and lose! So yeah that was a massive choke.

Only 2 other sides who finished 4th have made a GF but they hosted the PF (Syd 2006, Collingwood 2002)

Sorry, read it as an excuse referring to everyone we have played is an eventual grand finalist. They are only there because they beat us.
I haven’t looked back through history but how often does a team play both grand finalists in a finals series? We have in the last three finals series. It’s unlucky but can’t also mean we haven’t got a good enough team.

I haven’t looked back through history but how often does a team play both grand finalists in a finals series? We have in the last three finals series. It’s unlucky but can’t also mean we haven’t got a good enough team.
Didn’t happen in 2018, 2017, 2016 or 2015 off a quick research.

Team just isn't that good honestly. Hard to criticise the coach when he took us from 15th to second in one season. Actually think he has done well to squeeze out a couple of good seasons with the current list.

Whilst I’m not a fagan fan I do think Brisbane is very overrated.
So for that he’s most likely got them as far as could really be expected, that said considering most of those finals were at home it’s also not a stretch to say they probably tanked a couple of those semis.
Not dissimilar to the cats of recent times.

I mean You actually go through their list and start looking at the players individually , in particular their midfield and it’s very much an average side sprinkled with a few decent A graders and that’s it.

A lot of their so called stars aren’t really top liners and in fact are quite flakey (Daniher/hipwood,Zorko, Rayner , Lyons etc) and it’s not hard to see why they consistently get shown up when the whips are cracking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back