FTA-TV Channel 10 in the mud

Remove this Banner Ad

Would've thought Seven would go first after their various defamation suits gone awry.

Guess nobody watches network television anymore so may as well just be 9, ABC and SBS.

I only watch Survivor. That being said I don't really watch FTA and it pisses me off that on my foxtel IQ box I need to load up 10play to watch a channel of ******* television. Can no longer skip ads like I used to be able to.

Would've thought Seven would go first after their various defamation suits gone awry.

Guess nobody watches network television anymore so may as well just be 9, ABC and SBS.
I honestly can't remember the last time I watched anything on Ch Nein. I watch The Chase Australia on 7, and Have You Been Paying Attention on 10... but I can't recall the last time I watched anything on the Nein network.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't watched TV via an aerial in years and barely have any idea what's on each night. Even when I watch the only two shows on commercial TV live (Have You Been Paying Attention and Cheap Seats), I do it through the app. Streaming has killed commercial TV, they just don't know it yet, and have diversified into so many channels to compete, no one knows what they are actually about. Channel 10 should probably focus on some kind of identity for each night (i.e. one night dedicated to comedy, one to reality, one to game shows, one to classic shows) and try and get the message out. It's not competing any other way.

I haven't watched TV via an aerial in years and barely have any idea what's on each night. Even when I watch the only two shows on commercial TV live (Have You Been Paying Attention and Cheap Seats), I do it through the app. Streaming has killed commercial TV, they just don't know it yet, and have diversified into so many channels to compete, no one knows what they are actually about. Channel 10 should probably focus on some kind of identity for each night (i.e. one night dedicated to comedy, one to reality, one to game shows, one to classic shows) and try and get the message out. It's not competing any other way.
Streaming services in the US are bundling together now and offering packages cheaper. Basically offering what cable/foxtel was which they supposedly killed.

Piracy or Youtube/self made content will kill streaming if they're not careful

Its a minor thing but cutting the local news at 5 hurt them a lot

It had lead in programs and The Simpsons at 6 kept viewers there

But yes FTA is dying

I am watching Giro on SBS and will watch Velta TDF etc - mostly the last 30kms after watching streaming

Between 3 and 7,30 I am consuming quiz shows on 7 and SBS then streaming after that or no tv

I think Masterchef a few years ago was the last CH10 program I watched

Remove this Banner Ad

Back