Changes vs Adelaide - R22 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Strauss (inj), Blease (inj), Byrnes, Davis
In: Magner, Taggert, Frawley, Toumpas

I'd drop Watts before Davis. Needs a chance the poor kid.

My team:

FB: Garland Frawley Garland
HB: Grimes McDonald Terlich
C: Viney N.Jones M.Jones
HF: Viney Watts Howe
FF: N.Jones Fitzpatrick Kent
R: Gawn Viney N.Jones
Bench: Trengove Viney N.Jones Toumpas (sub)
We should of slipped Todd large amounts of horny goat weed back in the day, then this may be a reality.

And you can tell that off two games.

Why drop him, give him the rest of the year to see if he can cut it.

From what I've seen of him in the VFL, doesn't seem to offer much. Bit of honest toil. Can't really see him developing into a gun back (or forward) that'll push Garland, McDonald, Frawley out of the side (or Sellar / Pedersen).

And you can tell that off two games.

Why drop him, give him the rest of the year to see if he can cut it.

Fair point haha, just being silly.

But I haven't seen anything from him yet, and certainly not as a tall forward. He looks completely lost out there. Sure, play him these two weeks, but let's not get carried away and offer him a 3 year deal.

Fair point haha, just being silly.

But I haven't seen anything from him yet, and certainly not as a tall forward. He looks completely lost out there. Sure, play him these two weeks, but let's not get carried away and offer him a 3 year deal.

Yeh any 2 game player on our forward line is going to look completely lost unfortunately (yes probably even Hogan). I don't know much about Davis but he may get a one year extension because Sellar and Gillies should be delisted, and we won't be looking to draft any other key defenders this year, so he may be kept as a back up.

Surely Magner is in the team this wk after getting 51 possessions in the VFL!!!!

I would also promote Gawn & Toumpas too, after a couple of wks where they have gone back & dominated VFL.

Also lets see how Taggert goes at AFL level. He is never going to be a huge possession winner but appears to have class/finishing ability

Surely Magner is in the team this wk after getting 51 possessions in the VFL!!!!

I would also promote Gawn & Toumpas too, after a couple of wks where they have gone back & dominated VFL.

Also lets see how Taggert goes at AFL level. He is never going to be a huge possession winner but appears to have class/finishing ability

I agree to an extent, but they were playing Bendigo Gold which is the AFL equivalent of playing Melbourne. If nothing else though they should have more confidence. Question is do we let them keep building it in the VFL or smash it to pieces back in the seniors?

I agree to an extent, but they were playing Bendigo Gold which is the AFL equivalent of playing Melbourne. If nothing else though they should have more confidence. Question is do we let them keep building it in the VFL or smash it to pieces back in the seniors?

Difficult question that. However with the injuries we got last week we'll have to make a few changes at least. Might as well give Magner another crack and reward his consistently good form. I'd also like to see how Taggert goes. They'll still be available for Casey's finals anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we stop with this self pitying stuff for a week?

Not just you mate, you just do it a lot.

It's hard to get motivated about the sort of shit we've seen dished up all year come round 22. Is it fun to go to the football? Not really. Not right now. It's fun if they're at least putting up a fight, which Melbourne truly aren't for most games. To be honest, they've sucked out any joy that exists in footy for me right now. I'm finding it impossible to get excited when we have no coach, players serving up the sort of remarks and games that Jack Watts has over the past week and no real hope at this point. I'll probably get motivated again around draft time, but right now it's just shit.

It's hard to get motivated about the sort of shit we've seen dished up all year come round 22. Is it fun to go to the football? Not really. Not right now. It's fun if they're at least putting up a fight, which Melbourne truly aren't for most games. To be honest, they've sucked out any joy that exists in footy for me right now. I'm finding it impossible to get excited when we have no coach, players serving up the sort of remarks and games that Jack Watts has over the past week and no real hope at this point. I'll probably get motivated again around draft time, but right now it's just shit.

Haha I understand mate, it'll turn - hopefully sooner rather then later.

G'day Folks, I put this to you all. Take two key forwards and one key back from all sides and see how they go or one key forward and two key backs. We will be okay, dogs have 6 decent mids we have 1 at the moment with a pup on the way.

We seriously lack big bodies where it counts right now but have a nucleus of players to build a very good team around.

Seen a bit of Davis and I'm convinced he's some sort of magician. He doesn't look anything like a ootballer but keeps getting paid to play the game. Good luck to him I say. Can't drop Watts it could effect his trade value. Love the potential but he isn't going to make it in a struggling side.

I'd drop Watts before Davis. Needs a chance the poor kid.

I'm generally in favour of Craig's policy of making minimal changes and giving kids extended runs.

But with Frawley returning, I'd far prefer Watts to get a run in the forward line. I'm with Captain Jack on this, I think we're wasting time with Davis - would prefer Pederson and Sellar as backup swingmen.

Gillies and Davis to be delisted at year end.

Would be harsh to delist Davis, he's a key defender - not a key forward.

We need depth in that area and I reckon he's shown he can compete up forward, with only a 5/6 game apprenticeship up forward in the VFL - a good effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back