Changes v. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Not against Vickery and/or Simmonds he wont. He effectively rucked solo the last few weeks anyway, he'll monster those two.

I'm not sure how serious I am about bringing Watts in. I just think if there's ever a game where he could get the exposure at AFL level that will do him good it's against a woefully out of form Richmond.

It's not that he needs a back-up to beat them, it's that he needs a back-up so he can take a rest and maybe spend time up forward.

I love Jamar playing as the sole ruck, hes killing it in that role, the reason we need some sort of plan B is if Jamar gets injured, which is why i would be keeping Newton in the side

Wouldn't be surprised if we lost, this is Richmonds grand final

ha ha. I wish this was actually laughable, but we are apparently busy redefining the term rabble.

this is a game we had expected to be able to win, despite getting pansted in the past 3 rounds, but suspending 4 blokes probably turned a few off our chances. Amazing how low Tiger expectations are now that we are finally playing some kids with promise, and how tolerant of poor results without even any talk of chook poo!

Still its going to be hard keeping track of all our changes, so we might end up with an edge somewhere to take advantage of...difficult to see where though...

Im still picking Tigers!

ha ha. I wish this was actually laughable, but we are apparently busy redefining the term rabble.

this is a game we had expected to be able to win, despite getting pansted in the past 3 rounds, but suspending 4 blokes probably turned a few off our chances. Amazing how low Tiger expectations are now that we are finally playing some kids with promise, and how tolerant of poor results without even any talk of chook poo!

Still its going to be hard keeping track of all our changes, so we might end up with an edge somewhere to take advantage of...difficult to see where though...

Im still picking Tigers!

You wont win a game all year. You are that bad, worse than any Melbourne side of the past 3 years, easily.

I love the JUICE.
BUT Bailey hates him and is only playing him because he doesnt have an option besides spencer, and there is no point playing someone who literally cant kick the football.

Actually Bailey is a very good judge.

"Goose" ( not Juice ) Newton is on borrowed time....he will be omitted , if not this week...certainly in the next 2 or 3.

Bye, Bye "Goose".

Im still picking Tigers!

Us Melbourne supporters understand how you feel.

Once you realise you are playing kids for future wins, not for the points of the current game you enter a state of football Zen. Its all about your prospects and finding small wins in your loses.

Good luck for the future Richmond.

TBH if Sylvia wasnt an automatic inclusion i wouldnt of dropped anyone.

Bartram was good, deserves another run, Bruce was iffy but doubt he would be dropped., only listed Garland cause he was underdone and Sylvia has to come in.

Do you think we should leave Sylvia out? Notice you couldnt find anyone to drop

Totally agree Foooty - Don't mess with a winning confident side.

Then again, Sylvia is returning - I say drop Dunn for Sylvia, if anything.

Captain McDonald was unbelievable against the Crows - awesome game.

One of The SME or Watts in for Newton.
Sylvia in, not sure for who. I trust Bails to make the right call.
Flash may or may not come up for the match. With our youth policy, I think Bruce may find himself on the outer, much like Robbo, Wrecker, Wheats, Ooze and Whitey.

McKenzie goes nowhere even for Sylvia, he's one of our leading tacklers along with Junior and getting rid of that would be very very silly.

Sorry it wont be. If you want experience to come in like Sylvia, obviously one of the in-experience like McKenzie for example have to make way.

If you prefer to keep McKenzie based on your tackling reasons, that's fine. Instead, drop Newton :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it will be one or both of the 2 change plans:

In: Sylvia
Out: McKenzie

or

In: Sylvia, Watts
Out: McKenzie, Newton

McKenzie???? He has been great. Stef Martin needs to come in though ahead of Watts. Agree with Newton out. Stef is a better forward and backup ruck and back if we need.

Batram - would be Sylvia's body double in a dramatization of the MFC. So no knocking his game last week but he has to be dropped in a straight 'sorry mate but this guys ahead of you' swap.

Mckenzie is the new James Macdonald - heart and soul, tough tackler and a fantastic player to have come on so well in the last few weeks. Keep him in.

Juice - has no future really, but maybe will stay in while Morton, Jurrah, Watts, Stef are not ready. Two more weeks of quality VFL for Watts needed and at least 3 goals.

Out: Newton

#This would mean that our forward-line would be quite short, but that doesn't really matter considering Juice didn't take a mark remotely close to goals last week. Sylvia>Juice in pretty much every aspect of the game, this change wouldn't effect the team to greatly in terms of positioning etc. Sylvia is also much more deadly around goals.

Out: Newton

#This would mean that our forward-line would be quite short, but that doesn't really matter considering Juice didn't take a mark remotely close to goals last week. Sylvia>Juice in pretty much every aspect of the game, this change wouldn't effect the team to greatly in terms of positioning etc. Sylvia is also much more deadly around goals.

I'm all for Sylvia for Newton, but I get the feeling Bailey wont do it. Just get the impression Bailey will (unfortunately) always have one of Miller or Juice. Not sure when the last time neither played. Hope your right though.

As stupid as I feel saying this, I am more and more feeling that maybe Scully does need to get dropped, there is no doubt he will be back as he is all class, but...

It would send a clear message to everyone in the team that form is what counts and if you don't produce you will be replaced. (I am in particular looking at the injured forwards)

I'd love to see us in a position of power where we can say to solid depth players you have to show us your in form before we pick you.

its kinda off topic but why isnt paul johnson in the team
1) Didn't have much of a pre-season, was working his way back from injury.

2) He's not all that good. Was out-rucked by Spencer at Casey last weekend.

As stupid as I feel saying this, I am more and more feeling that maybe Scully does need to get dropped, there is no doubt he will be back as he is all class, but...

It would send a clear message to everyone in the team that form is what counts and if you don't produce you will be replaced. (I am in particular looking at the injured forwards)

I'd love to see us in a position of power where we can say to solid depth players you have to show us your in form before we pick you.
The longer I think about it the more I can't decide whether dropping Scully would be a good thing or not. Based on not upsetting team balance with the inclusion of Sylvia then Scully is the most vulnerable. We know that Dunn and Newton might not be in future plans but we need them as key forwards and back up rucks at the moment. Also whilst they haven't set the world on fire they have been performing their role. Other options to be dropped in Bail and Bennell have been playing too well.

However Scully is such an important player in the future we don't want to add too much media pressure on him by dropping him. An option could be Jones, who has played a similar role to Sylvia - both time in the guts and then some time up forward. I love Jonesy but his late goal covered over a pretty average game. Not a bad game, but average.

Dunn was good against Collingwood and again today against Adelaide, what were you watching today?

Jeez Dez I usually agree with you mate but saying Dunn was good against the Crows?

I watched him warming up before the game and he didn't miss the big sticks once but during the game he missed 4 set shots and then tried to give off a set shot by dribbling directly to an opposition player....I had less hair at the end of the game and it was all due to Dunn...

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back