Changes v. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope I'm not too premature with this thread, don't get me wrong, I'm still loving that winning feeling!
But who comes in and goes out against the Tiges? Here is my take on things:

Out

Bate-Tried hard and kicked a couple but for most of the game he looked out of place. I think he needs to get some confidence up in the seconds. I really like this kid, but he doesn't look AFL standard at the moment. He had to run his absolute full measure into that open goal, to me that says he's lacking confidence in his finishing ability.

In

Sylvia I think he can fill the gap that Bate leaves.

For mine, Juice tried pretty hard and he provides us with a decent target up forward, keep him in maybe one more week I say, but I won't be surprised if some of you guys want him gorn.

Moloney didn't play that well, but I don't know how well he'd benefit from a run in the seconds. He was just really slow today.

Scully might also benefit from a week off.

Or do we keep a winning team as is?? :D

Out- Scully
In- Sylvia

Dont wont to make any changes but Col is potentially our best player so needs to come in. Scully has been pretty quiet so far put him back to the VFL and let him get confidence.

I think Juice is a rubbish target up forward, but is surprisingly good around the ground. Also means we don't have to pick Spencer.

In - Sylvia
Out - Somebody will come up with a mystery injury halfway through the week, they always do.

Scully could do with a run in the 2's eventually though. He's been ok, and his attack on the ball is great but I'd like to see how he goes against a shit team next week before giving him a week or two to dominate at Casey.

F***ING SHIT INTERNET!!!!!!!

Now I've got to re-type my post.

Bate was much improved today, didn't clunk simple marks, kicked 2 goals and it seemed like he was impossible to tackle today.

Scully getting dropped does nothing for him, play him as much as possible.

Moloney did a lot of grunt work, applying tackles and pressure as well as getting a few clearances.

Newton was good today, he's playing a different role than he was in his previous stints in the senior side. Now that he's backing up Jamar he's not viewed as that key forward as in his previous stints, he's just one option in a mobile forward line. Was very aggressive without being reckless which was good, applied some very good tackles and made some pretty good decisions when he was up the field.

Honestly don't know who to drop.

Dunn?

Definitely not a bad thing that we're struggling to think of people to drop. Still got a few more come back too (Morton...) :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Out: Garland (still underdone)
In: Sylvia

Bate was much better this week, Scully would be fighting for his spot but i think he will benefit if we keep playing him.

Why are people dropping Garland just because he's underdone? He'll be better for the run in the seniors and it's stupid to drop him just after one game.

He needs another game under his belt to ready himself for Brown and Fevola and it'll be much better for him if it's a game with Melbourne rather than Casey.

TBH if Sylvia wasnt an automatic inclusion i wouldnt of dropped anyone.

Bartram was good, deserves another run, Bruce was iffy but doubt he would be dropped., only listed Garland cause he was underdone and Sylvia has to come in.

Do you think we should leave Sylvia out? Notice you couldnt find anyone to drop

Very tough to drop anyone. But, Sylvia must come in. Maybe one of: Scully, McKenzie, Bail - although I think they have all been good to very good over the first few weeks.

Tough call.

Competition for spots - what a great thing to have!

And to think: Morton, Rivers, Jurrah, Bell, Wonamaerri all pushing for selection over the coming months!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH if Sylvia wasnt an automatic inclusion i wouldnt of dropped anyone.

Bartram was good, deserves another run, Bruce was iffy but doubt he would be dropped., only listed Garland cause he was underdone and Sylvia has to come in.

Do you think we should leave Sylvia out? Notice you couldnt find anyone to drop

I agree that someone has to make way for Sylvia but choosing Garland because he's underdone is a bit silly IMO because he needs games at AFL level, it would do nothing for him by playing at Casey.

Someone may just have to be unlucky and I think it might be Bartram which is tough because he played well enough today to earn another run if it was someone other than Sylvia knocking on the door to come back in.

Good thing is, it's hard to find someone to drop.

:thumbsu:

Why are people dropping Garland just because he's underdone? He'll be better for the run in the seniors and it's stupid to drop him just after one game.
Agreed, same goes for Bate. And I don't think we can afford to remove an option to kick to going forward.

Sylvia has to come in, and what if Rivers is fit? Not sure on dropping Scully. I don't think it will happen and I don't think I want it to happen.

Absolutely no way should Scully be dropped, unless he is unfit.

Dunn - ugh. Sorry, he has got to be dropped. Bate at least improved today from his past 2 shockers - Dunn hasn't and I don't think will.

In - Sylvia
Out - Dunn.

Dunn was good against Collingwood and again today against Adelaide, what were you watching today?

Bate-Tried hard and kicked a couple but for most of the game he looked out of place. I think he needs to get some confidence up in the seconds. I really like this kid, but he doesn't look AFL standard at the moment. He had to run his absolute full measure into that open goal, to me that says he's lacking confidence in his finishing ability.

I liked seeing that tbh. Too often blokes take a shot from 50 out when they could stroll in to about 30 and increase their chances by a mile.

Thought apart from that horrific kick inside 50 in the last that Dunn did some hard work around the forward line, particularly in the last quarter, took a few marks, popped another inside 50 up for an easy mark for their ruckman but I thought he was alright.

Sylvia a certainty to come back, definitely NOT for Scully, he didn't do heaps today but still had 20 touches, can't expect him to dominate every week, unless he's horribly out of form he should never be dropped. The quicker we can get 50 games into him the better.

Going to be a really tough one.

If Davey's hammy isn't 100%, does he come out?

I'm happy no-one has suggested Bartram, he has a role and has played it superbly two weeks in a row now.

I'd be dropping Garland back I think, purely in a last in, first out scenario.

Dropping Garland? He played on Porplyzia mainly made some good spoils today, tackled real well and had 11 possies at 100% effectiveness. He gave a free against Burton which wasnt there but wdf do you expect from a guy who had 12 months out?
Frawley and Grimes are future AA and Warnock was an absolute glove all day.
We have a very promising backline.

Isn't it great to be in the position of having a hard time thinking of someone to drop.

Potentially I would go with:

In: Sylvia and Rivers (if fit)
Out: Dunn and Joel Mac.

I thought both out played servicable games but Dunn seems to be lacking his usual spark which could be a confidence thing and although Joel played well in the second half though he was well beaten early.

That being said I would not be upset if the side was unchanged. And I think Scully needs to keep playing. He hasn't set the world alight yet but will get better with each game. If the fatigue sets in as it can with young 1st year players then rest him at Casey then.

DL

I liked seeing that tbh. Too often blokes take a shot from 50 out when they could stroll in to about 30 and increase their chances by a mile.

Very good point.
I guess i was just so scared he was going to get pinged for running too far! :eek::D

Bate He had to run his absolute full measure into that open goal, to me that says he's lacking confidence in his finishing ability.

Moloney didn't play that well. He was just really slow today.
Bate had the guy done cold, so ran his full measure. It was playing the percentage. He also kicked his other goal under pressure. Need a better excuse than you provided.

Moloney was pretty damn good. I'm always concerned whether he is doing enough defensively, but his clearance work was very strong. Didn't do much wrong with the pill either.

Dunn - ugh. Sorry, he has got to be dropped. Bate at least improved today from his past 2 shockers - Dunn hasn't and I don't think will.
Out - Dunn.
Dunn presented better than any of our forwards today. Also is handy backing up the ruck around the ground.

Going to be a really tough one.

If Davey's hammy isn't 100%, does he come out?

I'm happy no-one has suggested Bartram, he has a role and has played it superbly two weeks in a row now.

I'd be dropping Garland back I think, purely in a last in, first out scenario.
Also happy no one suggested Barts. But if you suggest dropping Garland you have to answer which other player we drop into the 7 man defensive rotation (Warnock, Frawley, Garland, JMac, Bruce, Barts, Grimes). Personally I think that rotation is awesome and can only benefit from selection pressure of Rivers, Strauss, Cheney and others. Bennell or Bail could drop back there, but are they as good as Garland?

Now lastly I can't justify dropping Newton. He's still ahead of Martin or Spencer.

So, who does that leave us with? The half forwards - Bail? Bate? Bennell? The midfielders - Jones? McKenzie?

So really I'd be dropping the guy who played 2 average games in a row. Which would be Mr Scully. Of course I want to see him play, but lets treat him like he's just another player instead of this preferentially crap. He's been a bit down, lets throw him in the VFL and let him get back in with confidence.

I know I will get hounded down but...

In: Sylvia, Martin, ?

Out: Newton, Garland, Bate.

Newton - Still very poor. He is there as a tall forward/back up ruckman, he kicked no goals and had three hitouts. Thats not playing your role.

Garland - Did look a little underdone, but went to ground far too often for my liking.

Bate - I don't really think he improved from last week as everyone else said he did. Still didn't lead hard and waited for the easy ball. His two (at least one) goals were 'right place, right time' goals, he was on the end of a chain of handballs. Massively out of touch.

Seeming alot of folk are writing absolute crap I thought I would have a go....

Out: Forum Boxing bag (So other forum members approve)

In: Who ever my favorite poster thinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back