Preview Changes for the Prelim v Port Adelaide - Sat @7:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, Sweet should be strongly considered. McInerney nearly won it off his own boot tonight. Lewy will be monstered by Lycett and Ladhams.

How can Treloar keep his spot next week? He was not good at all tonight. I'd roll the dice with West. A proven VFL goal kicker and pressure player.
Garcia is ahead of West.

English was actually solid in the ruck and didn’t do a whole lot forward. Don’t know where it ended but at one point in the third quarter we were leading hitouts to advantage

It’s going to be interesting. You could bring an extra small and let Schache ruck a little. Otherwise you back Young in and hold your breath.
Yeah feel like we have a tactic that plays English in the ruck later as the game opens up. We just want someone else to take a beating and try until half time.

Garcia is ahead of West.

I think west has more small forward craft, and better above his head than garcia. Garcia is more pure mid. Westy has been able to lick mulitole goals when pushed forward at vfl level.

I think the confidence that westy has could make him a good stop gap for weightman for 1 week. Just get him front and centre and buzzing around the packs

I think west has more small forward craft, and better above his head than garcia. Garcia is more pure mid. Westy has been able to lick mulitole goals when pushed forward at vfl level.

I think the confidence that westy has could make him a good stop gap for weightman for 1 week. Just get him front and centre and buzzing around the packs
His recent afl games have been terrible though.

His recent afl games have been terrible though.

True, but it going to be a tough ask for someone to come in and play a dynamic small forward role. It takes a real confidence to walk in and say "I'm going to do this".

I just don't think Jj has it.

I think that west has that swagger. As long as he knows when to pass to teammates, he could be one out of the box!

True, but it going to be a tough ask for someone to come in and play a dynamic small forward role. It takes a real confidence to walk in and say "I'm going to do this".

I just don't think Jj has it.

I think that west has that swagger. As long as he knows when to pass to teammates, he could be one out of the box!
Ah ok you mean in place of Weightman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cody is out, does it open the door again for Wallis? I’d say so. Bruce being out too, Wallis’ one v one strength and ability to compete becomes important. Leadership if Bont is gone, too.
The more I think about it, the more I convince myself it’s needed.

Treloar needs to get his sh*t together and fix his body language. Seemed very sulky even after the game. He's been carried to a prelim - time to repay the faith or step out of the way so someone who wants to be there can come in.

Surely the 2nd half explains the 1st half. He knows he's been poor and feels horrible about it. Adz has always been a "cares too much" kind of guy - not the other way round.

Pretty crazy price given we’ve beaten them over there and only lost by 2 points 3 games ago.

Reasonable odds imo. We have just played a brutal final and potentially lost a few key players while flying around the country for weeks. Port have had two weeks to freshen up, sleeping in their own beds, home ground advantage etc. They should be strong favourites.

Yes, Young was shown up, thankfully English stood up ok,
Treloar will be lucky to hold his spot
Treloar wasn't great last night but don't think it would be a great idea to leave a game breaker like him out for a Prelim.
In a 5 minute purple patch he could turn a game. He is worth the risk with his pace IMO

Reasonable odds imo. We have just played a brutal final and potentially lost a few key players while flying around the country for weeks. Port have had two weeks to freshen up, sleeping in their own beds, home ground advantage etc. They should be strong favourites.
Yeah for sure. Just thought the odds would be similar to the Lions game. For whatever reason I give us a real chance, based on the assumption Bont will be sore but will play.

Roarke will be important against Karl Amon?

Didn't think he was bad tonight.
Agree Roarke waa a solid performer did give up the mark to McCluggage but to be fair the ball was kicked to his advantage and it was a magnificent mark under pressure. Credit where it's due but Roarke gave a good account across the night

What determines if weightman can play? I thought it was an automatic miss for concussion?
Determining factor will be if he failed a concussion test. If he failed he has to miss next week, if it was just a precautionary sub as he may have been concussed he should be free to play against Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for the Prelim v Port Adelaide - Sat @7:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Back