Catch up with Fages on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, thanks to the then known Telstra Dome (maybe Colonial Stadium) grass.
If memory serves, he went knees first into the ground as he took a waist high chest mark. The injury might not have been as bad as it was if not for the awful state of the ground which was notoriously hard at the time, with players often commenting on how they'd pull up sorer than normal after games played there.

If memory serves, he went knees first into the ground as he took a waist high chest mark. The injury might not have been as bad as it was if not for the awful state of the ground which was notoriously hard at the time, with players often commenting on how they'd pull up sorer than normal after games played there.

Thats how I remember it as well.

He dropped to his knees quite a bit did Stevens. He certainly aggravated existing conditions with that particulate flaw.

Howdy folks - time to bump this to give you all an update.

Fages will be meeting with a group of us on 30th Jan over lunch.
We'll have about 45 minutes with him. The focus primarily will be on engagement between the club and this bigfooty board. We will have a chance to ask a few questions though. I'd mainly like to leave that to a few attending - but I'm more than happy for you all to debate (in this thread please) other key questions/concerns you want to see brought to Andrew. If we can fit it in - I'll see if we can get a few answers.

Now, just dropping a question isn't even going to be considered. But if there is meaningful and well thought through discussion to craft a great question that is refined to be reasy to respond to - it will come into consideration.

We'll be sure to provide an update off the back of it. Thank you to all who PMed me expressing their interest in willingness to be involved - I greatly appreciated it. Those who are coming I think will represent us well. Except maybe for me but hopefully the others can provide the spit and polish ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some clubs are really starting to nail their clash/away guernseys. Why to we continue to struggle with relatively poor ones? How about fan submitted designs next time? The club is obviously going to make a serious effort to have a better 'match day experience'. What are some ideas from within the club, and what can we as supporters do to contribute? Maybe suggest some ideas that have been floated on the forums (especially that south australia sea shanty). Does anyone with any serious input at the club keep an eye out on forums and fan pages to see what we are concerned about and what our ideas are with how to fix it? Now that we have a waiting list, it seems like there is a mass of people wanting to be engaged with the club and handing money to it. Since they can't be offered season tickets, what are some ways that we might be able to have them involved with the club and contributing financially to it? Bring back 'The Tribe'. Most of our games sell out, but the closest we came to a full house was 3000 people less than capacity. We averaged more people at games than Port Adelaide, but they came away with the highest couple of attendances at Adelaide Oval this year. Is there something that can be implemented where if a member is unable to attend and they have no one to give their ticket to, they can call the club and have it re-sold just for that match? Maybe sell it for $30, and take $15 off of the price of that persons membership for the next season. Perhaps other enticements to come to games like money off the following years membership if they attend every game, or an extra discount on merchandise for loyal members. I know you said not to just post questions, but I feel like there is some potential to make those into decent questions.

We'll have about 45 minutes with him. The focus primarily will be on engagement between the club and this bigfooty board. We will have a chance to ask a few questions though. I'd mainly like to leave that to a few attending - but I'm more than happy for you all to debate (in this thread please) other key questions/concerns you want to see brought to Andrew. If we can fit it in - I'll see if we can get a few answers.

Now, just dropping a question isn't even going to be considered. But if there is meaningful and well thought through discussion to craft a great question that is refined to be reasy to respond to - it will come into consideration.

We'll be sure to provide an update off the back of it. Thank you to all who PMed me expressing their interest in willingness to be involved - I greatly appreciated it. Those who are coming I think will represent us well. Except maybe for me but hopefully the others can provide the spit and polish ;)
Nice to hear, any chance you can ask him which quarter/game they used in the interview process for the new coach? Not really any important topic I admit, but I'd love to know nonetheless.;)

Nice to hear, any chance you can ask him which quarter/game they used in the interview process for the new coach? Not really any important topic I admit, but I'd love to know nonetheless.;)
That could be one we ask him up here if it doesn't get asked down there.

Well done Allefgib for all the leg work to get this set up. Would be interested to see what sort of questions are going to be asked and whether they are going to be different than the ones already put to Fages by other supporter groups that have met with him.

Not trying to make a oh this person got to go and this one didn't, but it would be good to know who will be representing the board at the said luncheon with Fagan. Also what sort of engagement ideas have already been mooted. What sort of questions are we looking at?

Hope someone will be taking copious notes or recording the meeting.
Would have loved to have gone, but back at work with a new bunch of anklebiters.

Would this be a one off?

Guessing it would depend on how the first encounter goes and who's paying:)

I wonder how his first few months at the helm have influenced his opinion of the AFC as an organisation.

Is it what he expected? Perhaps he is still learning the ropes so might be too early to judge.

Another question..........
How does the local media stack up to their counterparts in NSW?
Is the quality of reporting comparable? Certainly the quantity of articles relating to anything AFL would be outstanding but from a club point of view
Do the local journos have their finger on the pulse or are they more into headlines and fluff?

Last year was a watershed for the club in many ways...the past few years have been disappointing to many supporters. With the new structures in place can the supporter base expect sustained success and a return to a respected position among AFL clubs.

Logo, hoops, clash. Please for a proper crow logo. Please for our traditional hoops back on the home guernsey. Please for a respectable clash guernsey designed by an adult that says something about us other than this is the best we could come up with. Appearances are important if you strive to be taken seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Catch up with Fages on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back