Caro

Remove this Banner Ad

sriracha_tiger_zoo_c.jpg

North WILL relocate to the Gold Coast ?

Yeah, well, maybe..............just bear in mind that for the last 15 years or so, we've heard the self-appointed experts (in the media, and fans of rival clubs) confidently predict that North would be relocated to Sydney, Canberra, wherever.

Have any of these clowns ever had the character to say 'Well, I was wrong'. ?? :rolleyes:

Their admissions for getting it wrong were printed next to the article where they admitted being wrong for saying North would win the spoon in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.

Just to listen to her garbage on 3aw yesterday, how North would be re-located to the Gold Coast was galling.
No if or buts, North would be re-located.

This alleged journo doesn't write without fear or favour - esp on North - she writes with venom.

To add to the above, she basically said the AFL will give North an ultimatum, either to relocate to the GC or stay at Arden st and we withdraw our financial support.

She was so bitter on Saturday on 3AW. It seemed that she was spewing Brayshaw didnt get the job, and tie that in with the comments from Peter De Raunch and Aylett in Sundays Herald Sun, you could tell she almost felt defeated in her personal crusade to get rid of North.

Suffer CARO !!!

To add to the above, she basically said the AFL will give North an ultimatum, either to relocate to the GC or stay at Arden st and we withdraw our financial support.

She was so bitter on Saturday on 3AW. It seemed that she was spewing Brayshaw didnt get the job, and tie that in with the comments from Peter De Raunch and Aylett in Sundays Herald Sun, you could tell she almost felt defeated in her personal crusade to get rid of North.

Suffer CARO !!!

Good luck with that. To be honest, Carlton being in the sh**ter is one of the best things to happen to us. The AFL can't go pulling our support without flushing them, as well as a couple of other teams down the gurgler. It's basically a big game of musical chairs, the trick is for us not to be the team relying on the CBF when the music stops.

trevagreene -Today 09:27. she basically said the AFL will give North an ultimatum, either to relocate to the GC or stay at Arden st and we withdraw our financial support.

shintemaster - Today 11:23. the trick is for us not to be the team relying on the CBF when the music stops.

We need to get off and stay off the CBF, and this will only occur by a significant ongoing increase in membership and game attendances, plus the removal of our debt.

The AFL is pushing to expand its presence around Australia and to lessen the concentration in Melbourne. I doubt that they only have us in mind long term. The Bulldogs (26,042 - 2006) have got off the bottom of the membership list, but if they falter in their quest to get above 30,000 they will be next. I don't see Hawthorn (28,003 - 2006) Melbourne (24,698 - 2006) or even Carlton (28,756 - 2006) as automatically being safe. Ironically Brisbane with 26,459 members and a significant loss this year will be safe.

Ironically Brisbane with 26,459 members and a significant loss this year will be safe.

Interesting how those numbers will suddenly dwindle if they don't turn it around onfield in two seasons...could it possibily lead to another 'rogue marketing membership campaign ambush' like the one the club dared in Sydney in 1999?

Too many ppl here are 'paranoid' of the 3aWitch. Can't work out why the club keeps handing awards to these same media folk 'we all despise for thier put-downs of the NMFC' at the GF brekky. Go figure???

it's all a dumb mind game that makes the AFL so unprofessional.

We need to get off and stay off the CBF, and this will only occur by a significant ongoing increase in membership and game attendances, plus the removal of our debt.

The AFL is pushing to expand its presence around Australia and to lessen the concentration in Melbourne. I doubt that they only have us in mind long term. The Bulldogs (26,042 - 2006) have got off the bottom of the membership list, but if they falter in their quest to get above 30,000 they will be next. I don't see Hawthorn (28,003 - 2006) Melbourne (24,698 - 2006) or even Carlton (28,756 - 2006) as automatically being safe. Ironically Brisbane with 26,459 members and a significant loss this year will be safe.

Of the Victorian clubs, only Essendon and Collingwood are truly safe. Both have enough cash in the bank to withstand any long term period of poor on field performance.

The problem that faces Victorian clubs and the AFL is that when you fork out around $150 for a standard membership, people seem to think that it obliges the club to play good football. But when it's rubbish, or expectations aren't met (you know the type, a membership automatically entitles you to see your team play finals and win a Premiership), then plenty of the bandwagoners go and find something else to do. It wasn't that long ago that Carlton had over 30,000 members based on Pagan's first season and a couple of draft picks, but they've lost a few thousand. The Dawks also had over 30,000 but have fallen back. The Bulldogs might get close to 30,000 in the next year or two, a couple of seasons of failure will see them lose plenty of those. We are no different. If we played attacking footy and got into the top 4 in 2007, we'd also aim for 30,000 members in 2008.

The fact is that you only get a true indication of the hardcore membership after a few crap seasons. These are the people who will buy memberships no matter what. Anything above this is a bonus, and should be seen as such.

Interesting how those numbers will suddenly dwindle if they don't turn it around onfield in two seasons...could it possibily lead to another 'rogue marketing membership campaign ambush' like the one the club dared in Sydney in 1999?

Too many ppl here are 'paranoid' of the 3aWitch. Can't work out why the club keeps handing awards to these same media folk 'we all despise for thier put-downs of the NMFC' at the GF brekky. Go figure???

it's all a dumb mind game that makes the AFL so unprofessional.

Unlike the Swans, Brisbane isn't run by idiots. They see the huge potential of having a "local" rival and are encouraging us to have an active involvement there which they know would benefit both clubs.

Luckily, we are not run by idiots anymore either, so I wouldn't expect a Miller-like approach.

it's hard not to get excited."

Unless of course, you are thinking of Caro being shagged senseless by Kent with "The Gimp" Richo watching (demanding a free) and Wallet doing the videotaping. That would give anyone a soft on.

Who cares, it is Richmond. A team that manages to make Freo look successful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is all hype IMO. Its all smoke and mirrors.
How many grand finals has he been involved in at AFL level - nil.
Alright, he picked the Bulldogs up, but it didn't amount to anything in the long run. It ended up tears, most likely so will Richmond.

I still stick by that!
If I could work it out in 2006, how come the all-seeing, all-knowing Caro still can't bring herself to say a bad word about him?
We might have issues with Laids, but he hasn't taken us for half the ride Wallace has taken Richmond, on the field and financially.
Keep the faith Cawo!!!

I still stick by that!
If I could work it out in 2006, how come the all-seeing, all-knowing Caro still can't bring herself to say a bad word about him?
We might have issues with Laids, but he hasn't taken us for half the ride Wallace has taken Richmond, on the field and financially.
Keep the faith Cawo!!!

Did you catch her article earlier this week where she defended the decision makers at Richmond?

She even went as far as admitting that it looked hypocritical that she thought it was okay for March to miss a game, but not Brayshaw.

The only real solution for the club is to distance itself from the AFL, become financially independant as soon as possible, return to playing 11 home games in Melbourne as soon as possible and get off the CBF drip feed then if necessary take the AFL to court over restraint of trade if they continue to deny us a fair and equitable share of the fixture.

He is all hype IMO. Its all smoke and mirrors.
How many grand finals has he been involved in at AFL level - nil.
Alright, he picked the Bulldogs up, but it didn't amount to anything in the long run. It ended up tears, most likely so will Richmond.

......... a couple of seasons of failure will see them lose plenty of those. We are no different. If we played attacking footy and got into the top 4 in 2007, we'd also aim for 30,000 members in 2008.

Some VERY good calls there, way back in 2006. Kudos people!! :thumbsu:

Until Caro stops using terminology like :

1/ sources tell me..
2/ im told by people close to the club..
3/ im advised by some high ranking officials...
4/ its my belief that...
5/ sources inside the club ..
6/ Board members are thinking....
7/ I have on good authority..

When she actually starts putting some names to her so called "quotes" I may even start to believe her..Until then, its just one persons opinion.

I think the only change to that list in the last three years would be the addition of "The Age believes....."

Did you catch her article earlier this week where she defended the decision makers at Richmond?

She even went as far as admitting that it looked hypocritical that she thought it was okay for March to miss a game, but not Brayshaw.

yeah... the calamity that she always was & still LIVES in DENIAL. I agree. And still keeps her 'dodgy reputation within the media intact' : albeit not demoted/ sacked by The Age. If the North players felt the humilation of chookgate was unwarranted, they ought to be reminded who the instigators are and PUNISH their clubs. MUST SMASH the TIGES & CARLTON this season if the players want to cleanse themselves of any guilt and pay back their remorse with a FUN enjoyable way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back