Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel we took Ben Silvagni purely to not upset SOS and some clubs feel obliged to take some father sons or academy players they shouldn’t.

I look at the Dogs who drafted Jamara, drafted Darcy, drafted Croft, whilst having Naughton.

If they weren’t father sons I’m not sure the Digs would have gone down that path.
The dogs who despite a terrible party culture and one of their best players long term injured are making a run for top 4? Who've won a premiership in the last decade and been a pretty threatening team....

Think their list management is pretty damn good tbh. Other areas that have let them down imo

And what does Cody want? Kid hits a rebellious streak and as an up yours to daddy dons the Yellow and Bleak.
I think that the quotes pretty much said it, Cody remembers good times at Carlton, Cody is good friends with Sam Walsh etc. Apart from the NGA pick 40 thing I think that we can be pretty confident as to where Cody will be looking to play.

What are going to be the rules for teams that go into draft debt if the points value is being removed after 40. If you own pick 40 wouldn’t it be smart to just bid of every F/S/academy player left in the draft as no one can match or if they do, do they go into 2025 debt. Its gonna be crazy to think what these idiots are going to do with the rules from here.

Look at how they’ve interpreted the HTB rule.

Let’s just hope they bring in rules slowly. Why not bring in academy rules that match the NGA first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The head of the rabble does nothing but whinge...

And Matthew Lloyd having a whinge is a bit rich considering the AFL changed the games requirement for F/S picks just as he was coming up in the draft. A change that excluded him from going to Carlton where his father played. A massive joke as far as I'm concerned.

And Eddie Everywhere having a whinge about father/son picks after his club picked up a genuine #1 draft pick player for a handful of lower picks. Carlton are rightly having having a whinge about any changes considering that we've been investing a lot of time and effort into our father/son program and we're starting to see some serious talent starting to come through.

The AFL are a joke. They allow umpires to interpret the rules and apply those interpretations as they see fit. They have a MRO who let Maynard off after he shirtfronted Brayshaw. And being in bed with a bunch of of gambling organisations is a massive joke. Any other sport in the world, if they had the same level of connection with gambling companies, would rightly be investigated for corruption.

And Matthew Lloyd having a whinge is a bit rich considering the AFL changed the games requirement for F/S picks just as he was coming up in the draft. A change that excluded him from going to Carlton where his father played. A massive joke as far as I'm concerned.

And Eddie Everywhere having a whinge about father/son picks after his club picked up a genuine #1 draft pick player for a handful of lower picks. Carlton are rightly having having a whinge about any changes considering that we've been investing a lot of time and effort into our father/son program and we're starting to see some serious talent starting to come through.

The AFL are a joke. They allow umpires to interpret the rules and apply those interpretations as they see fit. They have a MRO who let Maynard off after he shirtfronted Brayshaw. And being in bed with a bunch of of gambling organisations is a massive joke. Any other sport in the world, if they had the same level of connection with gambling companies, would rightly be investigated for corruption.

I think they are just trying to brown-nose Laura Kane. She's been copping a heap of flak in the media. Maybe the message has gone out to fall in line.

Laughed when Eddie said, "She's had a bad week. We should give her a clean slate and not treat her mistakes as accumulative". Lol I'm sure plenty of us would like that at our day jobs. Also, it's been more than a bad week.

I reckon some within AFL circles would be starting to get nervous about the way things could go. Rightly or wrongly the perception from many was always going to be that Laura Kane was a diversity hire, particularly when you look at her resume. As a result, there was probably already going to be less leniency applied to her from the public then if a popular ex footy type got the role. Would be an awful look if they appointed a woman to the 2nd highest position in the AFL and she got ran out of the game.

For the record I had no issue with Kane when she got appointed but she hasn't impressed me in the last few months.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back