• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

May 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Golden State, New York Jets
Been pondering over this one for a while and I was hoping the good folk of bigfooty could help convince me one way or the other... because even with a gun to my head I'm not sure I could split these 2 if I was asked who I would want in my side if I had a choice. Going with Gulden for no other reason than I've seen a bit more of him, and by geez he's about as classy as it gets. Serious Messi-vibes with that kid. Then again Butters is freakishly good and as good a prospect as we've seen in a long time. I'm going insane with this one, Bigfooty. WHO WOULD YOU PICK?

Landscape Tumbleweed GIF

No replies to possibly the most even poll this site has ever seen? Seems as if I'm not the only one who can't split these 2.

lol. Gulden is definitely one of the best in the league. but he's playing on a wing so they opt to tag Heeney/Warner. Make no mistake, if Gulden played for Port, he'd be getting the tag.
Butters is more damaging and a better kick of the footy. They're both jets but Butters is more complete.

Gulden is a special elite talent who is maybe flying under the radar this season because of how brilliantly Heeney and Warner are performing.

Definitely in line for AA selection again..

Butters may need a change of club (or coach)

Seems to have plateaued under Ken.

Gulden is a special elite talent who is maybe flying under the radar this season because of how brilliantly Heeney and Warner are performing.

Definitely in line for AA selection again..

Butters may need a change of club (or coach)

Seems to have plateaued under Ken.
he won a coaches award under hinkley last year

he might have 'plateaued' but thats because hes already one of the best players in the competition......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he won a coaches award under hinkley last year

he might have 'plateaued' but thats because hes already one of the best players in the competition......

I feel like Butters has not replicated his amazing form from last season, I think it's arguable he and Rozee are at the very least in a holding pattern under Hinkley.

The animosity many Port Adelaide fans have towards Ken Hinkley is totally understandable when you consider of their two best and most talented players in Butters and Rozee are not taking their game to the next level, and whilst not the biggest fan of John Longmire, he has an excellent track record of developing and evolving young players.

I am sorry but that is not the case. Gulden is an elite kick and very damaging by foot.
His kicking has actually been pretty underwhelming for an elite predominant winger. Fortunately with as much ball as he gets he still impacts games strongly. Butters is a better user in a tougher role.

I feel like Butters has not replicated his amazing form from last season, I think it's arguable he and Rozee are at the very least in a holding pattern under Hinkley.

The animosity many Port Adelaide fans have towards Ken Hinkley is totally understandable when you consider of their two best and most talented players in Butters and Rozee are not taking their game to the next level, and whilst not the biggest fan of John Longmire, he has an excellent track record of developing and evolving young players.
theyve played their entire career under hinkley and are all australian players

what 'next level' do you think there is? they are both likely as good as they are going to get.

Back