Building Matty's support Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Nicks is a former Swans player. Not sure what he's done since retiring.

Edit:- He was appointed Glenelgs development coach in 2008. If the rumour is true it could be he will replace Trevena.

When you say 'they' please let that be cRowe ...

Sorry the evil Peanut.

I must admit I heard his 92% comment and assumed that is factual. I reckon he's right though, but if we are it's buiil dust and want to know why.

That grant we received was supposed to be for footy department spend, so we should have been able to fit Walker and Motlop under the same cap surely

Isn't slary cap seperate to spending on footy departments. All clubs have to spend a certain amount on player payments but if we had injuries, payouts and increase in pay you can't fit in any more even if you had the money thus ensuring the richer clubs don't have an advantage over the poorer ones.

so what have we got left

Matthew Primus - Senior Coach
Jason Cripps - Assistant Coach (Forwards)
Adam Kingsley - Assistant Coach (Backs)
Garry Hocking - Development Coach
Darren Trevena - Development Coach
Stephen Williams - Assistant Development Coach
Cameron Falloon - Head Fitness Coach
Andrew Rondinelli - Assistant Fitness Coach
Ben Serpell - Strength & Conditioning Coach
Nick Austin - Forward Scouting

anyone ive missed?

So has Ben Serpell replaced Andrew Lulham as strength & conditioning coach? That was the position Port asked Burton about filling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to mention Matty's position as ruck coach. He took on both roles when McGuineth fled overseas.

I think Tone prefers the phrase 'attended to urgent domestic issues'.

Has this offseason more than ever emphasised how much we've been screwed by the variety of factors that all funnel down to our bottom line?

Couldn't fire a shot at tradeweek even if we wanted to (Griffen and the likes just aren't interested in coming home anymore), rumoured to be at 92% of the cap and at this rate our 2011 assistants will consist of enthusiastic grandparents.

The sooner we get our Centralsesque pokie den up and going the better.

I wonder if we have targeted any recently retired players? So fresh idea's would be good. I assuming waiting this long that Blade is staying in Melbourne.

Has this offseason more than ever emphasised how much we've been screwed by the variety of factors that all funnel down to our bottom line?

Couldn't fire a shot at tradeweek even if we wanted to (Griffen and the likes just aren't interested in coming home anymore), rumoured to be at 92% of the cap and at this rate our 2011 assistants will consist of enthusiastic grandparents.

The sooner we get our Centralsesque pokie den up and going the better.

Only another 4 years :)

Just think we have a bumper year and we won't be able to retain any of our playing group if they want to go either. Wev'e been used, abused, chewed and spat out the other end. Good luck Gold Coast and Western Sydney is 14 years time once they have had some glory :)

Todd Viney has quit the crows and gone back to Melbourne as general manager of player development (read, ensuring we get your son under father-son rule), Matthew Lappin has joined Collingwood as an assistant coach.

Todd Viney has quit the crows and gone back to Melbourne as general manager of player development (read, ensuring we get your son under father-son rule), Matthew Lappin has joined Collingwood as an assistant coach.

Isn't exciting hear all of our announcements?

Isn't exciting hear all of our announcements?

yep :D

Ben mccartney (who we interviewed) has gone from development head at geelong (after 10 years) to a senior assistant role at bombers - maybe choc will be available to mentor matty?:rolleyes::p

Great, whoever we had lined up just got pinched by the crows :(.

On the flip side wasn't Viney the genuis who was going to revolutionise Cwaigy's boring game plan? Now what for the Crows?

Just caught the tail end of 9 news footy report, think they said Hocking was being promoted to assistant coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Building Matty's support Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back