Roast Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

This could be the greatest clusterf....k bit of list management in club history
It sure is looking that way.

It will all come out in the wash, eventually. That is, how Bryce has gone from champ (well, very good player, at least) to chump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon if we get new coaches next year there could be a sudden rejuvenation of Gibbs. It's gotta be personal at this point, for him to be singled out specifically for "defensive deficiencies" while others get passes for non-efforts is disgusting at this point.
It's not just about defensive deficiencies IMO, his workrate must also be coming into question. A player of his class should be jagging 35+ possessions regularly in the SANFL, but he's only registered 30+ possessions once in 6 games.

It's not just about defensive deficiencies IMO, his workrate must also be coming into question. A player of his class should be jagging 35+ possessions regularly in the SANFL, but he's only registered 30+ possessions once in 6 games.
No one ever gets 30+ possies for us, we generally play pretty direct in the SANFL and don't fluff around with it. Our SANFL team had 333 disposals last week, the AFL 424. Against the Magpies we had 292, Norwood 318, the AFL side averages 398 disposals a game, we've never gone above that for a single game in the SANFL this year

Like the 19 touches Mackay picked up in the SANFL which got him straight back into the SANFL side?

Rules for some...

I’d rather Gibbs be playing than Mackay.

Tells you all you need to know about team selection unless there is something happening off-field. He didn’t have the best start to the year but surely he’s afforded the same chance to get form back in the seniors like some of our other players. You could make the case for any of our midfielders to be dropped given our second half capitulations over the last 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tells you all you need to know about team selection unless there is something happening off-field. He didn’t have the best start to the year but surely he’s afforded the same chance to get form back in the seniors like some of our other players. You could make the case for any of our midfielders to be dropped given our second half capitulations over the last 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think he would be getting games at other clubs.

They may use him differently (hell he would walk into the GC midfield)
We love inside mids so much we recruited too many. Could be a Pal Pepper replacement. Can kick a ball so wines could handball to him.

If Gibbs doesn't do enough defensively then so be it, park him on the wing. He is still a massive improvement over Atkins/Mackay, this is obvious to everyone.

I can't even remotely envisage the selection committees discussion on Mackay. At this point Don/Campo just say he's in and no one debates them because it's been done to death. I'm not sure what angle they spruik, outside run?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back