Roast Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

Was explained plenty well last year. Consistently poor form across 2019 and into 2020, not good enough to play AFL. He is no longer at the Adelaide Football Club so his SANFL form is irrelevant to us.

Not saying the above poster is doing this, but there are a tonne of posters on this board who will do whatever mental gymnastics are required to blame the club or come up with bizarre conspiracy theories on certain players or reasons for selection.

What was the wash up with BG? Isn't he still contracted to Adelaide and isnt he killing in the SANFL? Under a new coach won't get brought back in, corrupt media complicit in cover up I assume not reporting at all on this. What was the verdict with him?

Drugs? Screwed Walkers wife? Gotta be something, just doesn't make sense. Still just 31

He's a giant spud who was exposed the moment he stepped outside the spud factory that is Carlton. Not a good AFL player.

Sorry South Adelaide site had him at 31. Think he's doing ok in SANFL though? Isn't he 2nd highest possesion getter? I just don't get, wasn't explained well enough and was wondering if I just missed something.
South are second bottom. You’d want him to shine in a s**t team.

Was explained plenty well last year. Consistently poor form across 2019 and into 2020, not good enough to play AFL. He is no longer at the Adelaide Football Club so his SANFL form is irrelevant to us.

It was also explained that he was great around the kids and a fantastic leader. And yet we're paying him to stay away from the club. It's near certain there's something else was working behind the scenes. JJ was the only other contracted player that was forced out of the club. I'm not suggesting off-field performance alone caused it, nothing as titillating as shagging someone's missus, but if he was so awesome around the place, he'd still be there. Safe to say he was a little less awesome than they made out.

It was also explained that he was great around the kids and a fantastic leader. And yet we're paying him to stay away from the club. It's near certain there's something else was working behind the scenes. JJ was the only other contracted player that was forced out of the club. I'm not suggesting off-field performance alone caused it, nothing as titillating as shagging someone's missus, but if he was so awesome around the place, he'd still be there. Safe to say he was a little less awesome than they made out.

The club being less than honest with us?!

I'm shocked!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know people who went to school with Gibbs at Brighton who told me he's a total dumbass. There have been rumours that he had gambling debts and now a rumour that he's a party animal. That's enough smoke for me to at least give the guy the side-eye. That being said, it doesn't really matter whether he's the second coming of Mother Theresa or Brendan Fevola, he's not our problem anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back