Traded Brodie Grundy [Traded to Melbourne for #27]

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s frowned upon for a side to threaten another club with PSD, this ain’t any different. To try and jeopardise another club’s trade period like that is no different after pretty much expressing interest in a player.

If that’s the case maybe melb should throw Collingwood 2 first rounders, hold hands and sing Kumbuya to avoid a frown.

You know a team has no leverage at the trade table when they are relying on arguments such as this.

I said it a few pages ago, do not be surprised if Collingwoods pick 16 is involved in this. They desperately need Grundy off the books and should be compensating any team to take the salary off there books.
Doesn’t matter how many times you say it, it ain’t happening, there will be only one first rounder involved here, and it will be yours.

Doesn’t matter how many times you say it, it ain’t happening, there will be only one first rounder involved here, and it will be yours.

We don’t have one, and is , Collingwood going to be comfortable waiting for North to sort there trade for Logue, then Freo to sort there trade for Jackson to even begin talks? Despite needing Grundy gone to bring in Hill, Frampton, Mcstay and whoever else they need to haggle for.

Grundy is the last in the dees trade linage. It is the first for Collingwood.

Dees will ask Collingwood for a pick coming back with Grundy day 1 and then move on to deal with other clubs while that sits on the table until the last 5 minutes of trade period to see if Collingwood flinch.

Hell, even if Dees don’t get the trade done, I am sure we can pickup a state league player for depth and continue with our 6 time AA ruckman playing his best role.

Last edited:

It’s frowned upon for a side to threaten another club with PSD, this ain’t any different. To try and jeopardise another club’s trade period like that is no different after pretty much expressing interest in a player.
Melbourne aren’t jeopardising anything. It’s Collingwood jeopardising themselves by not getting a deal done. They are the ones wanting to move Grundy on to get other trade done, the longer they prolong it the greater chance of missing out on their trade targets.

Free agency also closes before trade period, so dees can sit on anything going through where as Pies will need it sorted before Free Agency is done to land Mcstay.

If that’s the case maybe melb should throw Collingwood 2 first rounders, hold hands and sing Kumbuya to avoid a frown.
Why go from one extreme to the other?
You know a team has no leverage at the trade table when they are relying on arguments such as this.
Lol I’m a random on BF, I don’t get involved in the goings on of the trade table, and luckily neither do you.

The point is Dees can do all there planned trades without this one going through.

Collingwood are dependant on this going through early so they can focus on Frampton, Hill, Fiorini, Mitchell ect.

They will need to flinch first and drive a resolution on this trade, not the other way around.

The point is Dees can do all there planned trades without this one going through.

Collingwood are dependant on this going through early so they can focus on Frampton, Hill, Fiorini, Mitchell ect.

They will need to flinch first and drive a resolution on this trade, not the other way around.
😂😂😂

Why’re you so desperate to screw Collingwood over?

The Dees are wanting to replace Jackson with Grundy. the sooner you accept this, the better.

Melbourne aren’t jeopardising anything. It’s Collingwood jeopardising themselves by not getting a deal done. They are the ones wanting to move Grundy on to get other trade done, the longer they prolong it the greater chance of missing out on their trade targets.
Dude, we’re not even in trade week yet, and we’re randoms discussing on BF. Why do some of you Melbourne supporters always go straight to the worst case scenarios?

😂😂😂

Why’re you so desperate to screw Collingwood over?

The Dees are wanting to replace Jackson with Grundy. the sooner you accept this, the better.

It’s not screwing Collingwood over, it’s Collingwood wanting the cake and to eat it as well.

They want salary cap for Degoey, Mcstay, Hill, Frampton, Fionrini ect but also want extra draft picks coming back there way also as part of finding that cap space.

Demons would be negligent to pay up a package of picks while enabling Collingwood to go on a recruitment spree.

It’s not screwing Collingwood over, it’s Collingwood wanting the cake and to eat it as well.

They want salary cap for Degoey, Mcstay, Hill, Frampton, Fionrini ect but also want extra draft picks coming back there way also as part of finding that cap space.

Demons would be negligent to pay up a package of picks while enabling Collingwood to go on a recruitment spree.
It’s Brodie Grundy! You’re getting Brodie Grundy! What aren’t you getting about that? Do you expect him to play at Melbourne for free?

Dude, we’re not even in trade week yet, and we’re randoms discussing on BF. Why do some of you Melbourne supporters always go straight to the worst case scenarios?
I know we aren’t, you went to the worse case scenario of another club jeopardising your trade week.

Collingwood could have this trade done within the first hour of trade week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I’m expecting him to play for Melb for 1m a year for the next 5 years.
I’m with you - if you’re paying $1m a year, we will be giving you something on top, but all reports say Collingwood will be paying some, thus the compensation. Grundy for $600k is absolutely the right salary for his potential/output, thus Collingwood wanting something reasonable back. No one is getting screwed in this trade.

I know we aren’t, you went to the worse case scenario of another club jeopardising your trade week.
I’m talking about Melbourne ‘holding out’ til the end of trade period, and compared that to the PSD threat. Melbourne won’t do that anyway.
Collingwood could have this trade done within the first hour of trade week.
It’ll get done fairly early on IMO.

I’m talking about Melbourne ‘holding out’ til the end of trade period, and compared that to the PSD threat. Melbourne won’t do that anyway.

It’ll get done fairly early on IMO.
Plenty of trades don’t get done until the last minute of trade week, or in same cases like Tom Papley to Carlton, Joe Daniher to Sydney don’t get done at all. It doesn’t mean clubs are holding out jeopardising another clubs trade week.

I’m sure Melbourne will put an offer forward for an injured guy being pushed out fairly on in trade week.

Plenty of trades don’t get done until the last minute of trade week, or in same cases like Tom Papley to Carlton, Joe Daniher to Sydney don’t get done at all. It doesn’t mean clubs are holding out jeopardising another clubs trade week.

I’m sure Melbourne will put an offer forward for an injured guy being pushed out fairly on in trade week.
I’m very certain where you value this ‘injured guy’ and where Melbourne value Brodie Grundy are two separate things.

This isn’t a scenario where they’re an underperforming club looking at bringing in some experience to fill their cap space and help the kids. They’re after a premier ruckman who they believe will help them win the premiership and will value him accordingly, much to your disappointment.

I would expect dees to listen to Collingwood to hear what would be coming with Grundy. If Collingwood are not serious then I would expect dees to shift focus to sorting our other trades like Jackson, Tomlinson, Hunt, Bedford and whoever else is looking to leave before circling back to see if anything has changed on the Grundy front.

If it happens to be the last 5 minutes of trade period for that to happen then so be it.

I’m very certain where you value this ‘injured guy’ and where Melbourne value Brodie Grundy are two separate things.

This isn’t a scenario where they’re an underperforming club looking at bringing in some experience to fill their cap space and help the kids. They’re after a premier ruckman who they believe will help them win the premiership and will value him accordingly, much to your disappointment.
I haven’t put a value on him, hard one to value.

It’s just similar to the Ben Brown scenario, Melbourne wanted to win a flag and they went the cheaper option in Brown instead of going after the more expensive Daniher the same trade period. North wanted more than what they got offered.

I haven’t put a value on him, hard one to value.
Your language well and truly tells us how valuable you deem him.
It’s just similar to the Ben Brown scenario, Melbourne wanted to win a flag and they went the cheaper option in Brown instead of going after the more expensive Daniher the same trade period. North wanted more than what they got offered.
Difference between Brown and Grundy is there isn’t a better ruckman on the market for the Dees to bring in and they aren’t bringing Grundy in to play second fiddle to Gawn. Clearly they aren’t wanting Gawn to shoulder the ruck responsibilities anymore due to his age/body. You aren’t getting any better than Brodie Grundy for that this trade period.

We don’t have one, and is , Collingwood going to be comfortable waiting for North to sort there trade for Logue, then Freo to sort there trade for Jackson to even begin talks? Despite needing Grundy gone to bring in Hill, Frampton, Mcstay and whoever else they need to haggle for.

Grundy is the last in the dees trade linage. It is the first for Collingwood.

Dees will ask Collingwood for a pick coming back with Grundy day 1 and then move on to deal with other clubs while that sits on the table until the last 5 minutes of trade period to see if Collingwood flinch.

Hell, even if Dees don’t get the trade done, I am sure we can pickup a state league player for depth and continue with our 6 time AA ruckman playing his best role.
You’re a BF poster genius, you don’t know shit, I know more because I post on FB too.

Your language well and truly tells us how valuable you deem him.

Difference between Brown and Grundy is there isn’t a better ruckman on the market for the Dees to bring in and they aren’t bringing Grundy in to play second fiddle to Gawn. Clearly they aren’t wanting Gawn to shoulder the ruck responsibilities anymore due to his age/body. You aren’t getting any better than Brodie Grundy for that this trade period.
Interning you know the reason Melbourne want Grundy. Melbourne have wanted a 2 ruck strategy since 2019, they traded for Braydon Preuss and then drafted Luke Jackson for this strategy. This isn’t suddenly Gawn is ageing we need another number one ruckman. Plenty of ruckman play well on past 30. Gawn is current All Australian ruckman.

If Melbourne take the full contract it will be a 2nd at most, surely.

If Pies keep deGoey and get Hill and anyone else can they afford Melbourne walking away and keeping Grundy ?

Also need to try and keep Ginnivan and Henry. And keep Ash Johnston and also bring in McStay.

This is why people are saying Grundy moves for less than worth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brodie Grundy [Traded to Melbourne for #27]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back