Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best forward line in the comp all year

Fans: HOW ARE THEY STILL GETTING GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like we got this toddler , finally stopped pissing everywhere , eating its veggies and we got it to start school, and people want to **** it off as it's starting to be good.

Horse's response regarding Rowie is very vague. Something about a sore cheek, not wanting to risk it and we'll see how he is next week. If it was soft tissue with a bit of bruising, I would've thought it would be no problems playing. So it makes me wonder if it's broken............
To be honest its the first thing I thought of when it was mentioned earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bedford is the right call. Cameron getting off is ridiculous. It was actually a dangerous tackle. The way he carried it out basically guaranteed an injury. Lucky it was just a mild concussion and not a broken neck. If they’re genuinely trying to protect the head, that had to be punished. But of course, this is the AFL. The only consistency is that there is none.

Fully supportive of the Bedford and Cameron bans being overturned, however two players were concussed as a result of those tackles.

Unfortunately injuries occur in a contact sport.

Whereas Webster got a blood nose from Heeney, no other injuries whatsover and yet as a result of a football action and a trip from the St Kilda player, Isaac is suspended for a week.

Dillon was quoted this week as saying"Our Tribunal system is based on prioritising the health and safety of our players, so that is the number one, two and three priority for the system,...."

I would have hoped commonsense and justice/the correct outcomes might have featured.

As Longmire said after the Heeney ban ;
“It just seems to me in this game of football that we all support absolutely the crackdown on high tackles and high contact … but that doesn't mean that every circumstance should be put in as one.

“There's always in this competition going to be various things that you really can't legislate for and you have to understand that's part of the game."

And I'm sure you'll all be happy that the umpiring is as good as it's ever been (Dillon) and there is no rule of the week (McBurney Umpires boss) and that everything is hunky dory which I'm sure will allow half the AFL executive to take off for the Paris Olympics on a fact-finding mission.

To be honest its the first thing I thought of when it was mentioned earlier.

I heard he had a cheek injury and wondered what he sat on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back