Opinion Bring Back the Death Penalty

Remove this Banner Ad

Life in prison is a worse punishment than dying for these people and it's actually cheaper for tax payers.

No visitors, no payroll, no outside rights... just a man and his cell for 50 years.

Give me the death penalty over that anyday

They would get looked after in Jail

Life in prison is a worse punishment than dying for these people and it's actually cheaper for tax payers.

No visitors, no payroll, no outside rights... just a man and his cell for 50 years.

Why not give them the option?

Sentenced to their natural life, I'm sure some would see this as a realistic option.

Save a few bucks on the way, win win.

But seriously if you were made to make that choice for real I bet you would choose life in jail.
A bloke that lives in my street has done two stints in jail and he tells me that doing time is not that bad. His offences were drug related so he wasn't in the highest security facility but a lot of inmates that are at physical risk from other inmates because of the nature of their crime (pedophiles, child abusers etc.) were in the same jail as him. In the jail he was in they have apartments with a kitchen, a loungeroom and four bedrooms. They are left alone most of the day to do as they please in their apartment. They play computer games and watch pay TV most of the time.

But seriously if you were made to make that choice for real I bet you would choose life in jail.
A bloke that lives in my street has done two stints in jail and he tells me that doing time is not that bad. His offences were drug related so he wasn't in the highest security facility but a lot of inmates that are at physical risk from other inmates because of the nature of their crime (pedophiles, child abusers etc.) were in the same jail as him. In the jail he was in they have apartments with a kitchen, a loungeroom and four bedrooms. They are left alone most of the day to do as they please in their apartment. They play computer games and watch pay TV most of the time.

Cells are Like Hotel Women's now

Cells are Like Hotel Women's now
So you'd be happy to spend a year inside Dave?
No matter the "comforts" you believe they have, the deprevation of liberty is the biggest punishment.
Not being able to go where you want when you want. Not being able to choose what you eat and when you eat. Not being able to pursue a member of the opposite sex. Not being able to buy what you want when you want. Being in a cell more than half the day.
Think about it Dave.
It may not be the prisons of the 19 century that you crave, but I'm happy not to be in there.
So should you.

No matter the "comforts" you believe they have, the deprevation of liberty is the biggest punishment.
Not being able to go where you want when you want. Not being able to choose what you eat and when you eat. Not being able to pursue a member of the opposite sex. Not being able to buy what you want when you want. Being in a cell more than half the day.
Think about it Dave.
It may not be the prisons of the 19 century that you crave, but I'm happy not to be in there.
So should you.

So you been to Prison then yourself?

I am glad I am not in there but Still better then lot of them in there Deserve

So you been to Prison then yourself?

I am glad I am not in there but Still better then lot of them in there Deserve
No I haven't Dave, thankfully. Have you?
But I do know people who have. And I have toured prisons.
Things are certainly different to what there was before. But we are not animals and we do not treat fellow humans as animals, no matter the crime.
That's an enlightened society.
Only Trump/Hanson could think differently.

Think about it Dave.
So should you.

Would you take life in prison or the death penalty?

But we are not animals and we do not treat fellow humans as animals, no matter the crime.

The time can be made "hard" without treating people as animals (though some are damn close). The modern softo approach is failing society badly. What are those kids who keep tearing Parkville apart going to be like as fully-fledged adults?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The time can be made "hard" without treating people as animals (though some are damn close). The modern softo approach is failing society badly. What are those kids who keep tearing Parkville apart going to be like as fully-fledged adults?

Amen. This Soft Approach is Destroying Society.

Should start at School with Kids getting the Belt/Cane. That give them a good kick up the Ass

Amen. This Soft Approach is Destroying Society.
Should start at School with Kids getting the Belt/Cane. That give them a good kick up the Ass
Lol. In todays age? Not going to happen. People have lost respect for all forms of authority
If a child gets in trouble at school, nowadays parents will remonstrate with the teacher because their 'angel' can do no wrong.
Just send them on a working bee for a Saturday afternoon. At least that is something constructive that benefits all.

Rape is just another phase before they go up to a new level of thrills. The memorial for Masa Vukotic is about 200 mtr from my house, Price got away with rape a few times.
So here is my question to you: "If a rapist got the death penalty do you think he would be more, or, less likely to reoffend".
What a silly argument, you may as well pose the question 'if we killed all males, would they be more or less likely to rape'.

What a silly argument, you may as well pose the question 'if we killed all males, would they be more or less likely to rape'.
Now that is really a silly argument. As far as I know we were talking only about offenders that were tried and sentenced. But if you want to go into the absurd I can walk that path with you.
You got a point that males in certain societies can't be trusted. How about we cover up all the women in the name of religion and we can still call ourselves enlightened.

Lol. In todays age? Not going to happen. People have lost respect for all forms of authority
If a child gets in trouble at school, nowadays parents will remonstrate with the teacher because their 'angel' can do no wrong.
Just send them on a working bee for a Saturday afternoon. At least that is something constructive that benefits all.

Working Bee is another good idea.

Parents Protecting the Children is a Good Thing but only in the Right Situation

Oh that paradox again.
Into a dark pit, water and bread 3 times a day. He doesn't die and society is safe. Works for me.

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

I'm down with that.

Or public stoning. That would really get my rocks off!

No women allowed though

We're a liberal, Western, capitalist paradise. Women should most certainly be allowed to attend the stoning, as long as they buy a ticket like everyone else. You'll find me at one of those fashionable corporate marquees, champagne in hand, guffawing about the festivities. 'Have you ever seen a face cave in like that? No, me neither! It was smaaaashing darling!' Or I might just watch it on TV, not sure yet.

Can't wait until the footy starts.

We're a liberal, Western, capitalist paradise. Women should most certainly be allowed to attend the stoning, as long as they buy a ticket like everyone else. You'll find me at one of those fashionable corporate marquees, champagne in hand, guffawing about the festivities. 'Have you ever seen a face cave in like that? No, me neither! It was smaaaashing darling!' Or I might just watch it on TV, not sure yet.

Can't wait until the footy starts.
Betting markets would be interesting.

No women allowed though

Mate, women are fine... They can join in on the fun!!

I can tell you right now though... I have no urge to commit crimes. I have no urge to hurt anybody for no reason however if I was placed in a room with this piece of $hit, I would not hesitate for a second to stick a knife through his skull! Livid.... Absolutely flipping livid! No punishment is too great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back