Bring back the Adelaide Rams ****en

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all i like both sports.

AFL has more stoppages for commercials, after each goal there is an ad. This is the main reason AFL probably gets more money from the TV Stations and the fact the games go longer then rugby league.
Rugby League probably does have better ratings but if the AFL go live on Friday nights & thats what they plan to do with there new TV deal in 2012, it will be alot closer.

As for the new AFL sides. Gold Coast will do alright i'd reckon. GWS is a hail mary, more likely to fail then succeed. AFL is going to have to put alot of money into GWS even then it might be a failure.

As for new RL sides, Wellington & a 2nd Brisbane side should be the next two. Central Coast should be a Sydney side relocation. 3rd on the list should be Perth. Adelaide 4th.

the website i used had just under 19,000 even if your number is correct you are splitting hairs it is still a piss poor attendance for the supposed biggest sydney club. fact is sydney sports fan are very fickle and dont show up to games......i was a storm member a few years back and enjoyed going to rugby as much as i did the footy and i have never been an essendon member despite footy being my number 1 sport. regardless of whether or not rugby is a great tv sport which i dont necessarily agree with crowds are very poor in sydney no two ways about it

hahaha, i would say something but you have already reverted to insults.

As everyone knows reverting to insults is often the sign of a poor argument.

On your bike.

It's a sign of incredulity. The Storm had millions upon millions of dollars poured into them from day one. The Storm had training facilities when they started up. The Storm had money to go after players. The Swans received nothing from the AFL for 10 years before finally they finally recieved anything. They had no training facilities, no funding anywhere in the ballpark that the Storm got (and still get) and nothing to stop their players being raided by Victorian teams.

So tell me, how did the Storm get the short end of the straw in what they got on start up.

The one problem with that is the people of those areas don't want and won't support those teams. Particularly the GWS team, that will re-distribute the AFL fans among more teams rather then bring in new fans to the game.
Maybe you're right about people in Western Sydney not wanting GWS at the moment. But tell me, being a Storm Fan that you are, was there really a significant support base in Melbourne that wanted a Rugby League club when the Storm came into existence?

I may be wrong, but I think the answer is No. But gradually the Storm grew a support base, and even got some AFL purists to at least take a small interest in the club. I see the same sort of thing happening with Team GWS.

lol

You do realise that both the State of Origin and the NRL are both Rugby League?

More people watch the AFL then they watch the NRL competition on TV, but overall more people watch Rugby League then they watch Aussie Rules.

As your graph shows.

f86960_8.jpg

8.1 million watch AFL overall.

10.1 Million Watching Rugby League overall.

Although i still maintain this graph is wrong because of its stats having A-league and Super Rugby higher then the NRL, every Leaguie knows that the Toyota Cup out-rates Super Rugby.
I will type slowly so you understand. The same people who watch The NRL watch the State of Origin as it's seen as the pinnacle of the sport. The same people who watch the NRL on PayTV most would watch the NRL on FTA. so you can't add them together. How can this not make sense to you?:eek:

The fact they are doing it all

As for your spin, frankly no one cares about your averages.

Cumulatively, more people are watching RL. Fact. Whether you like it or not

Now, be off to the main board where you can have a collective group hug with your fellow delusionals.
No cumulatively more people a watching aussie rules. fact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will type slowly so you understand. The same people who watch The NRL watch the State of Origin as it's seen as the pinnacle of the sport. The same people who watch the NRL on PayTV most would watch the NRL on FTA. so you can't add them together. How can this not make sense to you?:eek:

Really?

Please provide evidence if this

No one gives a shit about your assumptions. Provide proof or retract

the website i used had just under 19,000 even if your number is correct you are splitting hairs it is still a piss poor attendance for the supposed biggest sydney club. fact is sydney sports fan are very fickle and dont show up to games......i was a storm member a few years back and enjoyed going to rugby as much as i did the footy and i have never been an essendon member despite footy being my number 1 sport. regardless of whether or not rugby is a great tv sport which i dont necessarily agree with crowds are very poor in sydney no two ways about it

Who says Canterbury is the biggest club though?

It's a sign of incredulity. The Storm had millions upon millions of dollars poured into them from day one. The Storm had training facilities when they started up. The Storm had money to go after players. The Swans received nothing from the AFL for 10 years before finally they finally recieved anything. They had no training facilities, no funding anywhere in the ballpark that the Storm got (and still get) and nothing to stop their players being raided by Victorian teams.

So tell me, how did the Storm get the short end of the straw in what they got on start up.

The storm had nothing like that.

And I seem to remember in the mid 80's the swans having very high profile players in Capper and others while making the semis and even higher profile owners with their live FTA games each week.

The storm had nothing like that.

Nothing like what? They have had millions upon millions poured into them. They did have basic training facilities when they arrived. They did have backing from the competitions major sponsors. What part of what I said was wrong?

And I seem to remember in the mid 80's the swans having very high profile players in Capper and others while making the semis and even higher profile owners with their live FTA games each week.

I'll hazard a guess and say you don't know a great deal about the financial mishandling of Edelsten and co. Players like Capper had to be sold off for a song because of how crippled the club was. If Sydney had the backing that the Storm did at the start, they wouldn't have had to sell off stars. Christ, they gave up two of the best forwards of all time for 30 grand.

Canterbury do

Don't we have the biggest merchandise sales in western Sydney? Parra would also have something to say about who is the biggest
I would say Parramatta have much more of a bandwagon effect than either Canterbury or Wests, as was observed last year when they started sucking again, and drew crowds of under 10K.

Whereas C*nterbury and the Tigers get relatively good crowds consistantly (Tigers since 05 anyway, although probably helped by playing a great brand of footy).

& yet over the long term, the AFL used it's salary cap and drafting systems to gaurentee a Sydney premiership, while the NRL expect the Storm to compete on a level footing

Swans fans sooking shall get no love here champ

This should be interesting. How did the AFL use it's drafting system to assist Sydney win a flag in 2005 and how does the CoL allowance included in the salary cap work. Protip: Can't be used in lump sums and must be spread over every player on the list.

Ok shotties, I know it doesn't matter what I say as you'll find a way to nit pick.

So we'll agree to disagree.

Huh? I'm asking you what I said was wrong. Are you saying the Storm lobbed into town crippled with debt, no training ground and hemorrhaging players to strong Sydney clubs?

Canterbury do

Don't we have the biggest merchandise sales in western Sydney? Parra would also have something to say about who is the biggest

yeah they would, they've always thought themselves the biggest and badest :D

Remember the semi in 2009 at ANZ, the crowd was way in Parramattas favour.

The Tigers would give them a real scare now and if Souths ever come good for a few seasons in a row, it'll get very interesting.

And then there's St George.

The 5 big teams in Sydney in no particular order are

Dogs
Eels
Tigers
Rabbitohs
Dragons

The rest are fighting for the scraps.

I would say Parramatta have much more of a bandwagon effect than either Canterbury or Wests, as was observed last year when they started sucking again, and drew crowds of under 10K.

Whereas C*nterbury and the Tigers get relatively good crowds consistantly (Tigers since 05 anyway, although probably helped by playing a great brand of footy).

1 crowd under 10k on a very wet monday night game against the Storm.

But don't worry, some will believe your BS stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back