Brad Moran

Remove this Banner Ad

Suprised theres he didn't talk about being a forward in the interview- show the club are probably grooming him into a ruck/defensive option. While we do need another key defender, I don't see how Moran's going to get more opportunity here than the Kangaroos. We have Rutten, Stevens and Bock as talls down back who are all young and should be the talls for our backline for years to come. + theres also Bassett who should slot straight back into our side. So Moran is basically 5th in line as a tall down back. In the ruck he'd be fighting with Maric, Griffen and Biglands for 2 ruck spots. No one has really cemented their name into those 2 spots. Biglands was injured last year and while Maric and Griff were promising, they were no where near certainties to grab hold of a ruck spot. IMO the club should produce him into either a ruckman or forward. We don't have many talls up forward. Gill, Welsh (he plays as a KPP), McGregor, Tippett and Sellar. While there are more Moran would be competing with more talls for a spot in the side up foward, they aren't exactly big names. Tippett and Sellar should be forwards but haven't really shown us they can hold down a spot next year. Tippett is highly rated, should get a game next year if fit but Sellar has a long way to go. McGregor is either unfit or is feeling it- he should be a depth player only or a 3rd tall at best. Welsh was our leading goalkicker this year but he's not exactly a match winner- kicks the goals when the games just about over. He's a handy option and would be a good option when he's not on the 1st or 2nd defender. Gill is a very handy player. He should be our CHF and showed very promising signs. Works his but off. I recko he could be suited to a HFF even. Him and Birdman on both HFF's would be extremely dangerous. He's pretty quick, agile good at ground level, great mark and has x-factor. Birdman + Gill at ther HFF would be and insane pairing. IMO Moran has more chance up forward than down back (if no injuries occur that is). He'd have more chance in the ruck as well. However if Tippett becomes a forward, Maric/Griff in the ruck and Moran down back- We'd have one hell of a ruck combination. Maric/Griff would just stay in the midfield clogging up the middle and only doing ruckwork in the middle. Moran rucksdown back, Tippett rucks up forward. Scary.

Geez were on a winner then arent we:rolleyes:
Geez you are a tosser sometime - best not to post when you are in this mood. :rolleyes:

What we have got with Moran is a potential KPP/ruckman who can play now & replenish our stocks with the loss of Hudson, Meesen & Perrie. Effectively swapping him for Meesen in a forced-trade situation, we have taken some insurance. Sure he could turn into another Evan Hewitt, but also he could become another Mark Stevens buy. For a 3rd rounder looks like a good calculated gamble.

Suprised theres he didn't talk about being a forward in the interview- show the club are probably grooming him into a ruck/defensive option. While we do need another key defender, I don't see how Moran's going to get more opportunity here than the Kangaroos. We have Rutten, Stevens and Bock as talls down back who are all young and should be the talls for our backline for years to come. + theres also Bassett who should slot straight back into our side. So Moran is basically 5th in line as a tall down back. In the ruck he'd be fighting with Maric, Griffen and Biglands for 2 ruck spots. No one has really cemented their name into those 2 spots. Biglands was injured last year and while Maric and Griff were promising, they were no where near certainties to grab hold of a ruck spot. IMO the club should produce him into either a ruckman or forward. We don't have many talls up forward. Gill, Welsh (he plays as a KPP), McGregor, Tippett and Sellar. While there are more Moran would be competing with more talls for a spot in the side up foward, they aren't exactly big names. Tippett and Sellar should be forwards but haven't really shown us they can hold down a spot next year. Tippett is highly rated, should get a game next year if fit but Sellar has a long way to go. McGregor is either unfit or is feeling it- he should be a depth player only or a 3rd tall at best. Welsh was our leading goalkicker this year but he's not exactly a match winner- kicks the goals when the games just about over. He's a handy option and would be a good option when he's not on the 1st or 2nd defender. Gill is a very handy player. He should be our CHF and showed very promising signs. Works his but off. I recko he could be suited to a HFF even. Him and Birdman on both HFF's would be extremely dangerous. He's pretty quick, agile good at ground level, great mark and has x-factor. Birdman + Gill at ther HFF would be and insane pairing. IMO Moran has more chance up forward than down back (if no injuries occur that is). He'd have more chance in the ruck as well. However if Tippett becomes a forward, Maric/Griff in the ruck and Moran down back- We'd have one hell of a ruck combination. Maric/Griff would just stay in the midfield clogging up the middle and only doing ruckwork in the middle. Moran rucksdown back, Tippett rucks up forward. Scary.

Settle down. Tippet, Maric, Griffin, Moran ... you do realize none of them are actually proven at this stage. They'd barely crack a couple of dozen senior games between them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blonde Hair, Black beard, I thought he's an ruckman sized ackermanis

:D:D

I have to admit that same thought went through my mind.

He's a young man with attitude and seemingly determination - attributes that give him every chance of being a successful AFL footballer.

John lumbering Meesen - please note.

I'm looking forward to pre-season training in January and seeing Moran training live. :thumbsu:

:D:D

I have to admit that same thought went through my mind.

He's a young man with attitude and seemingly determination - attributes that give him every chance of being a successful AFL footballer.

John lumbering Meesen - please note.

I'm looking forward to pre-season training in January and seeing Moran training live. :thumbsu:

I just want to see a 200cm, 104kg giant sprint quicker than Danyle Pearce :D

Yeah what is with that? There is another part to the story that we haven't been told of surely?

Doesn't really surprise me. I have some friends who are English and have been in Australia for only a couple of years and they sound Australian, except for the odd word or phrase. Depends on how thick his accent was to start off with, not very I'd say.

and some kid from WA, Luke Miles, ran a 2.72 at WA state screenings last weekend I believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Moran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back