Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how BF posters always pick and choose the media reports that support the narrative they want. The reporting on this whole trade has been woeful. People referencing things that were guessed by media people just trying to get a scoop as if it is fact are idiots.

At the start of this trade most St Kilda posters were saying pick #6 straight swap would be overs and Freo should give back a 2nd/3rd. Most of the (somewhat) credible media was about Hill being worth about pick #6 in a straight swap. Most Freo fans were hoping for #6 and another first rounder.

Both St Kilda and Freo had business to be done outside this trade so it was never going to be as simple as a straight swap.

The deal hasn't gone through yet but it seems almost certainly between St Kilda fans expectations and Freo fans expectations from the start. Anyone on either side gloating looks embarrassing. I'm pretty sure Bell and Gallagher don't give a toss what us BF nuffies think, and seemingly based on all the evidence they don't rate the opinions of footy journos that highly either.
Agreed.

I wanted a couple of firsts for him at the start. The talk here as #6 in exchange for Hill and our 2nd round pick.
That's morphed into #10, a 2nd, a 3rd and a player for Hill and a 3rd.
I'd still prefer #10, 2020 1st for Hill, 2020 3rd

St Kilda have done very well to get their targets with only pick #6. It's literally what Freo did the season before.

You've conveniently missed the second rd pick and there are plenty of people who don't describe Acres the way you do.
Also I'm pretty sure the way negotiations work is start high and meet somewhere in the middle?
All that said I don't think it's about "winning" trades at this stage - can't assess the whole thing for a few years ie how will Hill go? Will Freo draft well? Will Acres play well? etc
I didn't, it was always going to be apart of the trade considering Freo will need it next year to get the NGA players over the line. I was making reference to the other picks that are downgraded from what Saints probably offered in the first place. Personally I think it's about equal, we wanted Hill We got Hill. Freo needed another pick in the first and a second next year, Freo got it and some steak knives. So no one won but done of the Freo poster are trying to make out like they won the trade. It is a very fair trade. Simples.

Where did he say this? I am an avid freo fan and have not seen any commentary from our club on this deal. Prior to trade period he said he would only do a deal that benefits the club.
"Bell has previously said the Dockers would hold Hill to his contract next season if they didn’t get what they wanted in return - reports have indicated they were asking for two first-round picks plus a sweetener"

I didn't, it was always going to be apart of the trade considering Freo will need it next year to get the NGA players over the line. I was making reference to the other picks that are downgraded from what Saints probably offered in the first place. Personally I think it's about equal, we wanted Hill We got Hill. Freo needed another pick in the first and a second next year, Freo got it and some steak knives. So no one won but done of the Freo poster are trying to make out like they won the trade. It is a very fair trade. Simples.
Yeah and a lot of Freo fans think they got shafted, and a lot of Saints fans think they "won" and a lot of Saints fans think they got shafted and some like yourself think it was fair.
The bottom line is none of the key players give a shit what we think - all this banter just gives us something to do.
Hope hill goes well and I hope Freo draft well.

Where did he say this? I am an avid freo fan and have not seen any commentary from our club on this deal. Prior to trade period he said he would only do a deal that benefits the club.
I found three different source that said Bell wanted two first or Hill would not be traded.

Or try this MickG88 still no specifics on what we want.

Backs up that he was going to keep Hil to his contract if Bell didn't get what he wanted. The other three articles electorate on what that is.

I found three different source that said Bell wanted two first or Hill would not be traded.

I could probably find 20 that said itd be done by Tuesday morning, or find 5 that said it would be a future first and 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tr

Trade radio suggested pick 6 for Hill and 26, does that mean your list manager said that was the deal?

No one knows what we’ve asked for, we may have asked for two first round picks, logically that’s a good starting point. But in the media all we’ve said prior to trade period was we wanted a great deal and the ball was in your court.

All things considered- Pick 10, Acres and a future second round is not bad in the end, if reports are true.
Acres can be anything. Who knows, maybe a sea change could help him. Playing under Fyfe too. But pretty clear he won't play for St Kilda if he stays and Hill goes there.

Who knows what is true anymore but do you accept Saints walked out of a meeting earlier re Hill and now Bell has backflipped.

See Hogan last year as well.
That 2 min meeting which everyone seems to get hung up on may will have been Lethlean telling Bell thet we will have to split 6 to get all our deals done, can';t work on Hill right now, will chat to you next week?

So much inuendo, mostly created by the oft wrong Tom Morris who, conveniently, has a relationship with your club.

Honestly in the end I feel the deal is decently even. I know Freo supporters wanted to keep Hill but you can’t be mad with the compensation you got. Acres I think really helps as it’s a best 22 player straight away next year rather than a first year kid.

That 2 min meeting which everyone seems to get hung up on may will have been Lethlean telling Bell thet we will have to split 6 to get all our deals done, can';t work on Hill right now, will chat to you next week?

So much inuendo, mostly created by the oft wrong Tom Morris who, conveniently, has a relationship with your club.

Every chance this is %100000 spot on

Why would my club care, if as you say, Tom Morris has a relationship to my club?

I will say, you may have to be careful what you post.

Read into that what you want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Back