Player Watch Bobby “Norm” Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m probably being harsh because he’s a small forward and Melbourne are a dumpster fire.
He's very good. He's good for 40 goals in a complete shambles of a crowded mess of a forward line with very few uncontested or out the back goals to boost the tally. Plus applies heaps of pressure.

Love Bobby, the reality of a small forward is you’re going to have big games every now and then and quieter ones, it’s the nature of the role.

Would love to see him moved around a bit to get him involved in games more frequently. The kid has all the skill set of peak Shai Bolton but is actually a good finisher. Sky is the limit.

Bobby would be on massive unders, this is all pretty fair for an extension and longer contract.

Everyone wins, most importantly Bobby feels like he is being looked after.

Love Bobby, the reality of a small forward is you’re going to have big games every now and then and quieter ones, it’s the nature of the role.

Would love to see him moved around a bit to get him involved in games more frequently. The kid has all the skill set of peak Shai Bolton but is actually a good finisher. Sky is the limit.
He's probably a bit too light to run through the middle, but I would like to see him spend more time in roles where he gets to run with the footy and set us up.

He used Cyril as inspiration for his Norm Smith winning performance and he should continue using him to reach for even greater career heights.

So much talent, I just wish we could get it in his hands 5 times more a game.

Just read he’s on a guesstimated $450k under his current contract with another year still to run. Could probably retain him on relative “unders” if we brought forward the higher annual into 2025. Hypothetically say $650-750k/year over 4 years. Gives him a more immediate reward for his contribution and with TPP increases doesn’t break the bank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bobby's been in "red hot form" yet kicked 7 goals in 9 games before the north game

Anyone else I would go yep, He gives off way to many.

There was one game where he was handing out goals like Sydney Swans hand out reserved seats.

Martin Scorsese Gf GIF

This article makes no sense.

They say he's on a 4 year deal with us and also state the deal expires at the end of 2025.

That would be year 3.
It also implies that Bobby forced the club's hand on an extension, and that the club had a kneejerk reaction after his great game against North.
I'm more inclined to think that an extension was already in the pipeline, just waiting while Bobby changed managers before being finalised.
I doubt that the club would be so reactive based on one game.

Bobby is electric, but it's hard to say, as a lot of good ones move into the midfield and different ones would perform better or worse or be used differently in different systems. And then you've got the very blurry categorisation between small and medium forward.

There's lots of good forwards around at the moment: Fritsch, Pickett, Elliott, Bailey, Miers, Papley to throw a few more names out there.
Bobby is the best small forward at Collingwood at the moment.
That is and always will be the only important consideration

Remove this Banner Ad

Back