Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

So who are we going to lose? I'm imagining that the Demons will want a player in return, so I think we can expect to lose either JSOS or Kennedy to the Demons. This, coupled with a late first round this year and a future first round + a late 2nd / early 3rd Carlton's way is how I see the deal getting done.

I float Kennedy as a prospect as he is a proven talent that will have limited opportunities at Carlton. JSOS, as much as I love him he is in the same boat. Probably more likely to get a game infront of Kennedy but is unhappy with Carlton and has enough talent to play every week elsewhere.
JSOS and Kennedy are just steaknives in any deal. They arent worth much at all.

Re. Liddle?

All he really has to say is,"We're a very happy, united and cohesive group at the CFC".

That's all he has to say other than that he won't answer any more questions in regards to SOS's statements.
No many words but says a lot and flips the tables completely on SOS.
I’ll take a guess at the guts of his response, if/when he responds;...thanks to the members, thank you , thanks, ta, grazie, thanks again, oh did I say thanks, thank you.

So who are we going to lose? I'm imagining that the Demons will want a player in return, so I think we can expect to lose either JSOS or Kennedy to the Demons. This, coupled with a late first round this year and a future first round + a late 2nd / early 3rd Carlton's way is how I see the deal getting done.

I float Kennedy as a prospect as he is a proven talent that will have limited opportunities at Carlton. JSOS, as much as I love him he is in the same boat. Probably more likely to get a game infront of Kennedy but is unhappy with Carlton and has enough talent to play every week elsewhere.
JSOS or Kennedy?
Mate would you take Fritsch in a trade for Cripps?
Carlton Supporters seriously need to get their heads out of their asses. Melbourne are in the box seat for a contracted, AA pedigree player

Can't help but think that Melbourne are prepared to let this happen because their demand will be Harry McKay or GTFO
Melbourne don't lose. They either hold a gun midfielder to his contract, or get exactly the profile of player they are lacking.
Picks aren't gonna get this done. And I think we are kidding ourselves to think any combination of SPS, Dow, Stocker gets it done either

Think you are missing a number of other manouvoures

If Wines ends up at the Demons, while losing Oliver, plus exchanging other tidbits, then it doesn't weaken their position

They are doing a medical on Ben Brown today so they can organise a KPP on their own. Also 2mPeter is available for trade
If they're relying on Wright, they're going to be struggling. Brown is someone I thought they should go for even before this season.

Weideman, McDonald, Brown. If they get him, they become more likely to accept picks for Oliver. Works for me.

There's a lot to play out can't make definitive statements yet.

Essendon will have picks from Daniher leaving.

We might get a first rounder back with Saad for 7 if that eventuates.

a 2020 and 2021 first with a player like SPS etc would still allow the Dees to perhaps target a Ben Brown and fill the hole left by Nev Jetta.

One certainty, this trade period will be wild.

As if Carlton and its wealthy supporters won’t look after Simmo in his retirement. SOS has lost the plot! There are many ways to skin a cat or, in this case, a Blue.

Why don’t we just pay each player $200,000?

They’ll all be looked after in retirement.

SOS had been a list manager for a loooong time, pretty sure he knows what he’s doing. The point he was making was about culture.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Oliver has informed Carlton he wants to play for the Blues next season.

Will only be able to proceed if Saad does not go into the PSD due to salary cap constraints.
I'm loving Oliver to Blues, but that second bit has me worried. Sounds like an invitation for Dodo to bend us over. Although, there is still the option of the ND.
I'm guessing the salary cap wouldn't be a problem with the ND? Rather than price being a deterrent, other clubs would have to weigh up using a first round pick on a player who doesn't want to come to the club.

There are others on this board who understand these things better than me. Interested to hear other views on this.

Amazing how much of a destination we have become and in such a short period of time, too. We have had nominations from Zac Williams, Adam Saad, Clayton Oliver, Jack Martin and Tom Papley. Hopefully the first 4 are all playing together in the same 22 next year. Fingers crossed that it all pans out the way we want it to happen.

Well, it's simple. Get Oliver done first, then talk to Dodoro with whatever resources you have left. State under no uncertain terms that you're still happy to see him go to another club via the PSD than you are to overpay, but you'll do your best to see Essendon's offer - if fair - is met.

And I still don't see how Oliver gets done without losing a KPP prospect. Melbourne don't need most of what we have, except for TDK, Harry or Charlie, and they'd be losing one of their best mids.
Can't help but think that Melbourne are prepared to let this happen because their demand will be Harry McKay or GTFO
Melbourne don't lose. They either hold a gun midfielder to his contract, or get exactly the profile of player they are lacking.
Picks aren't gonna get this done. And I think we are kidding ourselves to think any combination of SPS, Dow, Stocker gets it done either

Without knowing what's going on with 17 other teams, Melbourne's forward coverage doesn't necessarily have to come from us. Holding players to contract is fine, but maybe clubs are starting to cotton on that you shouldn't risk the contract running out for a Jack Martin scenario...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without knowing what's going on with 17 other teams, Melbourne's forward coverage doesn't necessarily have to come from us. Holding players to contract is fine, but maybe clubs are starting to cotton on that you shouldn't risk the contract running out for a Jack Martin scenario...
Or a Daniher situation

More, you use trading to try and obtain something you need, and the only real need Melbourne have (unless someone like Josh Kelly or Marcus Bontempelli becomes available) is KPF. If they get Brown, that solves it.

Think you are missing a number of other manouvoures

If Wines ends up at the Demons, while losing Oliver, plus exchanging other tidbits, then it doesn't weaken their position
Would really love to know more about this.
Why are the Demons prepared to lose Oliver? Is it an Oliver problem, or a Demons problem?

“A strawman argument or informal fallacy is when......”

“Holy mother of.....Clayton Oliver to Carlton, nope don’t want him, we should offer a massive deal for Dylan Shiel, a much better inside mid and ball user and barracked for Carlton, who the hell does Oliver barrack for anyway, you’re all idiots and I know my footy!”.

Get Saad deal done first

Our future 1st, 2nd for Saad + * future 2nd

I will dead set lose my shit if we get Williams, Saad and Oliver. That's a top 6 finish side, maybe top 4 depending on our mind set and injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back