Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite agree.

Why is he such a flashpoint for vehement opinion that he isn't going to make it? Why are some so determined that he's not going to get there?

I'm not talking about you, by the way. Others in here are openly derisive of anything resembling positivity where he's concerned.
He's not the only player that brings some lurkers out of the woodwork to be purely 'I'm sorry but he's no good'. Even after some of these guys have good or better games, like it personally offends them that a player they went off on too early could possibly get better..

Lobs young and his player type is normally a slower burn. Give him time peoples.....

Enjoy reading your stuff geth.

Not sure which classification I fit in…but here’s my LOb view: I would be stunned if he’s on ours or any other afl list next season. But I would have said that about Matt Kennedy 3 weeks ago. And Tom Williamson last week. I’m the end it’s up to LOb to (a) create a chance and (b) take it. The way the list is right now they would have to delist him. But he’s got time to chnage that.
They would have to delist a 21 year old wingman, a position we struggle with? Yeah, no. They're not delisting him if he gets sub 10 disposals a game for the rest of the season. Slow burn.

On LOB I can see him being given the Kennedy option, dropped to the rookie list and prove your worth.

Hope he does, when it clicks he's unlike any of our other players
i think they should put in on a high protein diet let him add approx 5 to 6 Kgs. and see how he goes. He has a few weapons but where we let manyof these youngsters down is also on not developing their body to withstand the rigours of senior AFL.

It's a break the ice post... Everyone is getting so narky lately..
Also I didn't see it was in relation to an ongoing discussion, was only replying to that post.

Let people post their opinions, it's an opinion forum..
Were all love Carlton and are in this together...

Posting once, twice, five times, might be viewed as an opinion, but after that it becomes an agenda

Sorry to curtail the LOB discussion everyone was enjoying but need to bring you news that Charlie Curnow is set to play VFL this weekend! Most likely limited game time, Id' say a half at most! :eyes:

Sorry to curtail the LOB discussion everyone was enjoying but need to bring you news of Charlie Curnow set to play VFL this weekend! Most likely limited game time, Id' say a half at most! :eyes:
That's cool, but can we get back to LOB, please.

In the LOB frenzy we’ve forgotten Sam Philp turns 20 in August 186 cm good speed & determined didn’t mind his few appearances, last year, pick 20 / 2019 draft.
I’m hoping he can develop his potential, with better mentoring and direction.

Geez Arrow…
Think your actually the negative one, post something positive and you even attacked that..

You’re becoming obsessed all because I’m pro getting a new coach.. Think your posts at me are more of an agenda really…

Maybe shift your focus back to prior attacking me … work more on your
  • We should buy Melbourne Storms culture
  • Head Coaches don’t need to have played in a grand final to win a premiership.
I extended you an olive branch, but you ignored that and chose to keep swinging… 👊 Respect…

Anyways it was fun, all the best to you.. Go Blues

And here we have it, why would you assume my post had anything to do with the coach or your opinion on the coach, when the discussion was people's agenda with LOB?

After you answer that, try and find where I suggested we should buy the Storms culture or anyone else's

As for your other point, facts are clear, regarding coaches

You really are in the wrong thread mate

You absolute ******s (don't want my post to get deleted so I'll leave it civil here unlike you lot.
Was gonna lIke your post but the last bit was OTT. Rather than directly attack the attackers, prefer just sticking to players strengths and generally the things you pointed out re confidence and age.
I personally think he will come on just like Dow and Kennedy who have suffered the same words.
New staff should see his development on the fast-track and I'm sorry for Lachie our development in general has been sub-par.
Camon Lachie. Many of us cheering you on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some blokes come on quicker than others. LOB’s only 21. By comparison DC, Bam Bam and Samo are 24, 24 & 23 respectively.

Giving him another year to develop seems fair. With Dow & TDK starting to show glimpses, it should give us confidence that the entire 2017 crew (Dow, LOB and TDK) will be good.

Let's get this markedly out of the way: I do not disagree with any part of that. I have said that myself. I am somewhat sick of having to repeat that I do not disagree with what you are saying. I have enunciated that until he achieves a level of statistical dominance in the VFL, he should not play ones. I've done this multiple times. If he does not get there, then he doesn't get there and we both gave it our best.

What I am objecting to is twofold: I do not understand why he is such a lightning rod for criticism, and I don't like people who supposedly support this club to speak about our players the way they do.

Where this comes out is where I see other posters feel the need to assert that this is a discussion forum, as though other people have forgotten. Said people would do well to note that this is certainly a discussion forum it is also a community shaped by the ******* monograph on the front of the jumper. We are Carlton supporters. That is who we are. We support the team, and we support the players.

Some players do not work out. Some players become stars. Some players - most players - fall somewhere inbetween, and they do so for a myriad of reasons. Discuss away, but do not feel as though the idea that this is a discussion forum insulates or protects you from the consequences of saying something foul about my players.

Honour the ******* jumper. Respect the players.
Are you alright mate? (Sincerely)
We cannot control what others think, say or feel - I'm at a loss as to why you're getting so riled up over it.

In the LOB frenzy we’ve forgotten Sam Philp turns 20 in August 186 cm good speed & determined didn’t mind his few appearances, last year, pick 20 / 2019 draft.
I’m hoping he can develop his potential, with better mentoring and direction.
Forgot about him, lets give LOB a break and pick on Philp. Wasted pick 20 on a injury prone kid that's almost 20years old and still not in our best 22.What were we thinking? ;)

jesus. i came onto here for some light reading before work and stumbled into a high school internet posting board

I thought losing was an issue.

Appears some on this board don't cope terribly well with winning either.

If our 22 all contribute in varying degrees to a win, do we then start on players 23 - 40 as being the problem?

i think they should put in on a high protein diet let him add approx 5 to 6 Kgs. and see how he goes. He has a few weapons but where we let manyof these youngsters down is also on not developing their body to withstand the rigours of senior AFL.
I think they did try and bulk him up a year ago, then he had hip issues and seemed to really loose his running ability (hence the Adelaide game where he came in looking heavy, completely underdone and I thought was obviously still carrying the injury).

I think the opposite; let him find his 'natural' weight that allows him to run/move at his peak and play to his strengths. He's not an inside mid, we don't need him to be able to play there.

FWIW, I'd be keeping him for another year, be it an extension or even moving him to the rookie list like Kennedy.

This thread desperately needs a rumour
It would be good if this thread returned to being about rumours or discussing rumours.
Maybe players' merits could be discussed on individual player threads instead?
Also we might need a bickering thread.
Obviously no-one thinks they are bickering when they do it, but Mods could move narky stuff to that thread and make it stay there?
Or maybe call it the 'Robust Challenging' thread. ;)

Last edited:
Just an FYI for everyone, I've gone through KnobHead's entire posting history and collated his hit/miss rate on rumours. Suffice to say it's pretty poor.

Now I'm not calling him a lying, piece of shit troll.....but.....

I'd take this latest rumour with a massive grain of salt.

Pretty sure he's either pulled it from Facebook or made it up himself to try and get some likes.

But hey, I'm not potting him. Just want to make sure everyone has the facts so they can decide for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back