Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good signs other clubs are after Levi.

Little tick for the progression of the rebuild, and likely gives us a mid-range pick in a good draft to downgrade to a higher Pick or use as collateral in the McGovern trade.

Perhaps even couple it with one of the state leaguers for a Top 25 Pick?

It's a little strange, seems like we have entered the Twilight Zone with clubs interested in Levi.

If Dylan does not choose us do we HATE Him ?

1486969635819.jpg

Elite with ball in hand and gets a ton of it. Not sure how you can't rate him.
Mobility and 1v1 work suck.

Six turnovers a game despite not quite being elite in his possession numbers. 4.5 scoring involvements and 3.4 inside 50s a game, but 1 goal assist all year.

He whips the ball around with his action, and that helps maintain a tempo for his team, but he is not an elite kick.

Also OR from TC has said this:

Club has not been told anything either way as yet.

If Josh has any info it has come from Paul Connors camp, which is highly unlikely as Connors is close to the Blues and if a decision had been made the Blues would know.

A flog on Facebook has been running with the AFL conspiracy crap for last few hours - grain of salt until AFL or club announce anything. Simply impossible to believe that the AFL could smash a club for transporting a player to an interview in a particular manner.

AFL has no say in where we meet a player for discussion. Judd had 2 meetings in Pratt's mansion. so what. If the said player was happy to board the Space shuttle and meet us in space its his call. Apart form the Glam factor i dont see how it could affect anything life after football can be discussed at the local Macca's. Its just that a private Jet highlights how much better life after football can be. The message it gives is help us help you without having to say anything ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking of some anagrams of Dylan Shiel's name:

1) To describe the waiting.... DAYS IN HELL
2) How good is he? AND HE SILLY (good)
3) With midfield support, Cripps will have another..... ALLY IN SHED

IF he chooses us

4) We all should .... HEIL DYLAN S
5) MAN, HOW BADLY DO WE NEED SOME MIDFIELD SUPPORT? HE WILL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO OUR SIDE AND HOW GOOD IS IT BE TO BE A DESTINATION CLUB AGAIN?!?
6) SUCK SHIT DAWKS, * AND AINTS. HE'S OURS, YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM.

Note, I took a little bit of poetic license with #5 & 6
Good work ferris. Better than my effort...

SHAN’L YIELD.

Emperors wear fantastic clothes - until someone calls them for their nakedness...people should read what gardiner stand has put together and have a think forward 2 years - their hubris is going to catch up with them - a tsunami of collapse is coming - Burgoyne and Roughead out will be a tipping point - I hope for Shiel's sake he is a good student of the game and doesn't get sucked into wasting the rest of his career sucking oxygen...

Amazing how every side that has enjoyed success has the best administration and the best this and that and the other thing- talk about confirmation bias :rolleyes:..it is BS to say because Carlton ( as an example ) was actually run by total nuff nuffs for a couple of decades- the nuff nuffs that ran hawthorn are somehow a lot lot lot smarter - in the land of the blind - the one eyed drongo is king...LOL

all Clubs are not for profit organisations run by third and fourth rate macaroons all feeding off the monopoly revenues that come to the AFL from TV rights.

Hawthorn are DESPERATE to keep the mythology going - it is all tetchy have- the draft system works but has delayed the equalisation aspects because of Suns and GWS interventions- artificially boosting teh longevity of those Clubs who happenned to have devekloped lists just before and artificially smashing Clubs like Carlton who didn't.

The reason why it appears that a lot of Clubs are whining about Carlton - is that they know that they are hanging on to relevancy by a thick coat of veneer and bravado. Melbourne/Richmond/Collingwood are stronger than Geelong and Hawforn and EssenDONE/ Brisbane / Carlton aren't far behind -
Bloody spot on

Surely if GWS want 2 seconds for Setterfield they get to keep him.
I'd suggest Essendon are offering 31, and a swap of first rounders.

This is where Levi and Jones come in, assuming Setterfield hasn't ruled us out.

They still have one of the best admin groups in the league. Success tends to follow on from there.

What did we have in the late 90s?

Brisbane had a great admin during their premiership years, then what?

How many kicks will Jeff Kennett get?

Better St Kilda than Hawthorn though, who have cooked their rebuild and have limited talent outside of Steven and Ross, with a few promising young players in Clark and Coffield coming through.

Would not surprise me at all to see Hawthorn pinch a premiership in the next few years with Shiel in the team. It’ll likely be a steep drop off from there though, and you can’t keep relying on later picks to compromise the bulk of your best 22.

We will be fine if Shiel decides not to nominate as, can then grab Smith, McGovern and Fasolo and our squad will look far better with another pre-season into our young players.

I think Essendon will be happy to pony up for Setterfield but I hope he’s still in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back