Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To remind everyone on Brian Cook Aug 21 post Collingwood loss:

The Carlton CEO gave his thoughts on whether the high performance team needed to come under scrutiny.

“I think we’ve been looking at that on an ongoing basis and we’ve had so many injuries this year it’s sort of out of proportion,” Cook said.

“I don’t know exactly what’s going on there and I’m not sure anyone does. From afar, Vossy’s brought a very combative style of game, lots of contest, lots of energy, and it has taken its toll a bit. I think that’s one thing.

“The other is that there is still a lot of younger players in that group and they’re evolving, that’s an issue.

“And the third issue, and if you looked at our injuries, you’ll find that the majority were actually collision injuries and not overuse injuries. That becomes an issue as well.

“Without doing some sort of investigation, that’s how I’m seeing it on the periphery.

“I think we need to have a little bit of a look at it, but I’m not too sensitive about it at this point of time.

Maybe the peripheral view was enough for Brian

In the Pre Season thread, it says for McGovern from last night

3 outstanding quarters.
Off Q4 limping and iced calf/achilles

Anyone shed some more light on this

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

After last nights vfl game we only gave the following out for round 1
Walsh - round 2?
Williams - season
Durdin - who knows?
Marchbank - * knows
Cuningham - 4-6 weeks
Fogarty - season??
Kemp - why the zero games?
Cotterell - after the bye I reckon
Boyd - season??
Philp - season and career over
How do you start the season with an injury list like this?

Particularly after the last few seasons we've had

Pretty depressing stuff

Honestly tired of this rubbish

Something has to change with the fitness crew.

People will disagree with that but it’s the reality. This many people should not be getting injuries before round 1. It’s unprofessional and it needs to be sorted without the usual fluff piece we get from the club.

Pretty please stop blaming the turf, it may be a factor but not the only one

Time to clear out talented, but clearly broken players. We carry too many with questionable durability. Really should have happened in 2022...

Its been obvious for years. Its beyond fitness and conditioning, its list mgt issue stemming back to SOS moneyball recruitment

Honestly tired of this rubbish

Something has to change with the fitness crew.

People will disagree with that but it’s the reality. This many people should not be getting injuries before round 1. It’s unprofessional and it needs to be sorted without the usual fluff piece we get from the club.

Pretty please stop blaming the turf, it may be a factor but not the only one

It’s getting tiring isn’t it.
So many soft tissue and pressure injuries.
Feet, backs, calves … all before round 1. Imagine when the pressure of a 4 qtr game comes around next week.

It’s becoming really unacceptable now and a massive reason why we haven’t performed as well as we’d like. Our two best small forwards who are under 21 years old are unavailable in round 1 with calf injuries. They’re not 30 year olds !

In the Pre Season thread, it says for McGovern from last night

3 outstanding quarters.
Off Q4 limping and iced calf/achilles

Anyone shed some more light on this

As I understand he was scheduled to play 3 quarters which he did without any concerns. Sat out the last quarter during which he iced up as he has to fairly quickly after finishing. Should be good to go Thursday. As someone said earlier he may well have to be rested regularly. He seems to be held together by cotton wool so would be happy if he plays the first two and has a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I understand he was scheduled to play 3 quarters which he did without any concerns. Sat out the last quarter during which he iced up as he has to fairly quickly after finishing. Should be good to go Thursday. As someone said earlier he may well have to be rested regularly. He seems to be held together by cotton wool so would be happy if he plays the first two and has a rest.
Mcgovern is good to go.

What a giggle really. The data is IN on this bloke. **** off Russell. You’re full of shit. Low Oerformance Manager.

Can’t get Dow to afl standard running in 5 years. Afl players aren’t even good runners ffs.

Took 4 years to get LOB a half decent core.

Cerra regular niggles already.
Williams does a knee in a “brutal” preseason session. Just bad luck my arse.
Kennedy syndesmosis why keep playing?
McKay knee kept playing last year.
McGovern I mean wtf.
TDk still can’t run.
Walsh does a back at 21 so bad needs surgery. Bad luck?
Durdin calf? Motlop calf? Owies hamstring awareness? Are you ****ing kidding?
Martin can’t get on the park.
Marchbank I mean wtf.
Philp mgt has been horrrific.
Ed C couldn’t get on the ground last year.
Honey wtf.
Boyd rehabbed so well does it all again.
Cotts gets stress fractures? Now there’s a topic. COTTS gets stress fractures. From what? Running? Are you ****ing kidding? He needs to do NO running. Zero. He could run twice a week with his base and be afl fit. Wtf was he actually doing that led to stress ****inf fractures?

No one could do worse. No one. Give the local PE primary school teacher a crack. No worse.

It’s pathetic. It’s embarrassing. It’s enough.

Make a change NOW.

Ban me. Like I give a ****. Loser mentality putting up with this low performance troll.

Time to clear out talented, but clearly broken players. We carry too many with questionable durability. Really should have happened in 2022...

Its been obvious for years. Its beyond fitness and conditioning, its list mgt issue stemming back to SOS moneyball recruitment

So who were we clearing out in 2022 that we decided to keep that's costing the club so much so it's a major problem?

What a giggle really. The data is IN on this bloke. * off Russell. You’re full of s**t. Low Oerformance Manager.

Can’t get Dow to afl standard running in 5 years. Afl players aren’t even good runners ffs.

McGovern I mean wtf.
TDk still can’t run.
Durdin calf? Motlop calf? Owies hamstring awareness? Are you ******* kidding?
Marchbank I mean wtf.
Honey wtf.
Cotts gets stress fractures? Now there’s a topic. COTTS gets stress fractures. From what? Running? Are you ******* kidding? He needs to do NO running. Zero. He could run twice a week with his base and be afl fit. Wtf was he actually doing that led to stress *inf fractures?

No one could do worse. No one. Give the local PE primary school teacher a crack. No worse.

Make a change NOW.

Ban me. Like I give a *. Loser mentality putting up with this low performance troll.
Yeah Russell can get ****ed! No accountability.

What a giggle really. The data is IN on this bloke. * off Russell. You’re full of s**t. Low Oerformance Manager.

McGovern I mean wtf.
TDk still can’t run.
Marchbank I mean wtf.
Honey wtf.
Cotts gets stress fractures? Now there’s a topic. COTTS gets stress fractures. From what? Running? Are you ******* kidding? He needs to do NO running. Zero. He could run twice a week with his base and be afl fit. Wtf was he actually doing that led to stress *inf fractures?

Make a change NOW.

Ban me. Like I give a *. Loser mentality putting up with this low performance troll.
Yep. We're the only ones that have injuries. Actually no we're not. Here is the Richmond injury update from Wednesday;

Tarant - Hip
Prestia - Pec 50/50
Short - Calf
Ross - Knee
Gibcus - Hamstring - Infection
Graham - Toe
Pickett - Adducter
Bauer - Ankle
K. Smith - Foot
Tom Brown - Wrist. Also unfortunate name
Colina - Back
Costanza - Retired.

Also Lynch has had a very limited prep but will be good to go.

It seems that if you are trying to transition from a pretty football team to a hard edged one you are going to get flogged on the track. If you appoint Michael Voss as coach you are only going to get a football team that is hard edged and will attempt to win by being more brutal than their opposition. Judgement will only be passed based on the outcome . I'm not even sure that our injury list is any worse than theirs. If so it is only maginal.

McGovern I mean wtf.
TDk still can’t run.
Marchbank I mean wtf.
Honey wtf.

Make a change NOW.

Chalrie misses three years. Look what we missed. Apparnelty went to a surgeon who was no good and messed him up???

Hewett back surgery. Pitto comes back and then needs surgery? Cunners not having surgery??

It’s like the dumbest s**t you’d ever see or hear of.

Need a snickers mate?

Yeah Russell can get ****ed! No accountability.

Feels like the end is nigh for Russell.

Came with a big reputation and maybe he did get seriously unlucky but I have said before - ramping up the intensity of preseason was stupid. And that is his responsibility.

Last week i spoke to a current Geel player about preseason and he mentioned they didn't run all that much. Picked up most of their fitness from the preseason matches.

Broken record i know but.... We only missed finals last year because of injuries. The strategy has to be to nurse our players through 23 rounds plus finals. Not "up the intensity in preseason " and break half the list.

Feels like the end is nigh for Russell.

Came with a big reputation and maybe he did get seriously unlucky but I have said before - ramping up the intensity of preseason was stupid. And that is his responsibility.

Last week i spoke to a current Geel player about preseason and he mentioned they didn't run all that much. Picked up most of their fitness from the preseason matches.

Broken record i know but.... We only missed finals last year because of injuries. The strategy has to be to nurse our players through 23 rounds plus finals. Not "up the intensity in preseason " and break half the list.
Surprisingly though Geelong have almost as many injuries as us, check the other thread. Henry, Menegola, Duncan, Hawkins, Conway, Neale, Kolodjashnij and Holmes all either out or in serious doubt for next week.

Imagine if they did any running in pre season hey.

We only missed finals last year because we didn't win enough gamesv to qualify. We only had to win one of our last four games to qualify but couldn't. Blaming injuries is a cop out. Surely you don't believe that our inability to stop Pickett or Elliott kicking late goals was caused by injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back