Games & Recreation BigFooty Death List Game 2024 - May Deaths Be Forever In Your Favour (Host @ClarkeM)

Remove this Banner Ad

A few from this week:

From the 'I Can't Believe Nobody Has Posted Them Before Me' file: Mike Downey, American Journalist from Chicago, died aged 72 from heart attack.

From the 'I Thought They Were Long Dead' file: Guy Warren, Australian artist, a painter who won the 1985 Archibald Prize. Died aged 103 having been born in 1921.

From the 'I Didn't Know They Were Sick' file: Michael 'Gibbo' Gibson, Australian entertainer and TV presenter, was on Agro's Cartoon Connection in the 1990s, was the painter. Died aged 69 from complications of early onset dementia.

From the 'I Have A More Famous Person With the Same Name' file: Simon Cowell, English TV presenter aged 72 from lung cancer, but this Simon Cowell was a conservationist who presented 'Wildlife SOS', rather than the better known Simon Cowell, the music executive seen on UK Idol, the X Factor, Britain's Got Talent etc.

From the "I Have An Infamous Person With the Same Name' file: Robert Hughes, an American basketball coach aged 96, not the disgraced Australian actor from 'Hey Dad' who has since been deported to the UK when he rescinded his Australian Citizenship after release from prison. Interestingly, for years I always thought that Australian actor Robert Hughes was dead (and so did other people I know) having died from post-surgery complications in the early 2000s, so was shocked to find out he was still alive when he hit the headlines again in 2010 for all the wrong reasons. But I was getting him mixed up with another Australian actor Paul Chubb (who died from post-surgery complications in Newcastle in 2002) and yet another Robert Hughes, an Australian art critic who also died in the 2000s.

Wow, I never knew that. I thought it would have been reported in the media at least given how (in) famous the show was when it screened.
Yeah there was a news article yesterday about how the media completely missed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those wondering, Dancing Potato clarified whether Dario G would count given it was a trio band name.

I allowed it not because in the later years, the trio became just one - Paul Spencer who used the stage name Dario G. Small technicality but it was allowed.

I’ll update points soon.

For those wondering, Dancing Potato clarified whether Dario G would count given it was a trio band name.

I allowed it not because in the later years, the trio became just one - Paul Spencer who used the stage name Dario G. Small technicality but it was allowed.

I’ll update points soon.
#worsthostever

Not a huge name but if you listened to triplem in Adelaide, Tim Vince father of Crows and Melbourne player Bernie Vince has passed away. Tim was a regular on the Triplem afternoon show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Games & Recreation BigFooty Death List Game 2024 - May Deaths Be Forever In Your Favour (Host @ClarkeM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back