Big Mining

Remove this Banner Ad

Twiggy Forrest is a ruthless prick.
Twiggy emptied Rocky Pools for his mango farm
View attachment 2019946

View attachment 2019947

Don't get me started on his oyster farm that he got over the line in the World Heritage Listed Shark Bay.
He is a snake with a great PR team who only cares about his ego and bank balance. Remember his grand standing when he arranged for the Chinese consul to crash a press conference about the 180M dollars of covid store stores we got early on. Turns out they were massively marked up and unfit for use but he got his ego stroked and another contract with the CCP.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mining is fine. I'm all for it. We need all the materials that are extracted from mining to make our world work.

BUT, they should not be writing government policy - EVER. Right now they are 100% writing the LNP policy for them.
it was the the ALP that wrote most the policy for it in there short terms in power. even the casualisation of the work forces also?

Australia isn't racist and the mining industry actually cares about the country are two symbiotic lies that this country is built around and you question either at your own peril.
you mean as it was your hero Gough and Hawke, put in motion to sell off Australian assets? allowing the product to be dug up, rip locals off and allow most of it to be foreign owned?

Is there any chance this country of ours - Australia - can stop having every single one of its policies dictated by big mining?
  1. Nuclear policy is big mining.
its one product from the ground
  1. Opposition to wind farms is big mining.
  2. Opposition to solar is big mining.
a dozen plus toxic products from the ground including cobalt mostly mined in the congo by black slaves the age of children
  1. Opposition to grid upgrades is big mining.
how do you think the grid is built and where do the materials come from?
  1. Dutton abolishing Australia's Paris Agreement obligations is big mining.
big mining will happen wither way just like it is under the paris accord, but just under the title green
  1. Opposition to the voice was big mining.
Every single policy the Liberal and National Party has is dictated by big mining.
no, its the ALP
Why do Australian's put up with this? It is infuriating.
gina is the highest tax payer in Australia, she owns 1 mine roy hill, BHP and Rio tinto are some 94% foreign owned Rio own some 17 mine sites in the pilbara and BHP some 8 odd, its all on simple google searches

you mean as it was your hero Gough and Hawke, put in motion to sell off Australian assets? allowing the product to be dug up, rip locals off and allow most of it to be foreign owned?
Foreign ownership is not actually the problem. Foreign ownership is fine.

The fact these foreign companies can successfully lobby to have the Emission Trading Scheme repealed, to have the mining tax repealed, and they are now writing Liberal Party Policy for them which for the most part is against the interests of the Australian people is the problem.

I have no issue with mining when it is done properly.

I have no issues with foreign capital.

I do have an issue with Australia giving away their resources to foreign interests for sweet **** all in return.

Last edited:

The fact these foreign companies can successfully lobby to have the Emission Trading repealed, to have the mining tax repealed, and they are now writing Liberal Party Policy for them which for the most part is against the interests of the Australian people is the problem.

I do have an issue with Australia giving away their resources to foreign interests for sweet **** all in return.
I agree with you that the lobbying is the worst part but I think we need to ban any foreign investment that is
1) By a company that is owned by a foreign government
2) Allows foreigners to control an industry
3) Is critical to our national resilience
4) We should also insist on all staff being paid here not through some tax avoiding foreign labour company.

Need to add of course a ban on non citizens and non Australian owned companies donating funding to any political party or making adds about political decisions.

I agree with you that the lobbying is the worst part but I think we need to ban any foreign investment that is
1) By a company that is owned by a foreign government
2) Allows foreigners to control an industry
3) Is critical to our national resilience
4) We should also insist on all staff being paid here not through some tax avoiding foreign labour company.

Need to add of course a ban on non citizens and non Australian owned companies donating funding to any political party or making adds about political decisions.

So how would deal with an Atlassian or Canva then that are listed on the Nasdaq and consequently have the majority of their company 'owned' by non Australians?

Is there any chance this country of ours - Australia - can stop having every single one of its policies dictated by big mining?
  1. Nuclear policy is big mining.
  2. Opposition to wind farms is big mining.
  3. Opposition to solar is big mining.
  4. Opposition to grid upgrades is big mining.
  5. Dutton abolishing Australia's Paris Agreement obligations is big mining.
  6. Opposition to the voice was big mining.
Every single policy the Liberal and National Party has is dictated by big mining.

Why do Australian's put up with this? It is infuriating.

View attachment 2016817
The big mining companies in australia are going all in on renewables and batteries.

I think you are referring to little mining. Fossil fuel energy mining is no longer done by big mining. Just the smaller and mid size players.

Last edited:
Twiggy Forrest is a ruthless prick.
Twiggy emptied Rocky Pools for his mango farm
View attachment 2019946

View attachment 2019947

Don't get me started on his oyster farm that he got over the line in the World Heritage Listed Shark Bay.
Isnt he the leading investor in green hydrigen in this country and vocally against nuclear? Not disagreeing with your statement. It just seems like a thread about the energy transition is completely the wrong one to be making this statement in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact these foreign companies can successfully lobby to have the Emission Trading Scheme repealed, to have the mining tax repealed, and they are now writing Liberal Party Policy for them which for the most part is against the interests of the Australian people is the problem.

the thing is the large corporations tell the government what to do, the Emisson Trading scheme is just another bankers scam

So how would deal with an Atlassian or Canva then that are listed on the Nasdaq and consequently have the majority of their company 'owned' by non Australians?
If less than 50% of shares are owned by Austalians then they are not Australian so Atlassian no longer should be able to donate or sponsor adds etc.

I think Canva is still private and mostly owned by Australian individuals and super funds.

A decent factor in Gough getting overthrown was him trying to get somewhat sketchy loans to nationalise the mining industry. Yeh Hawke was a neoliberal and probably a CIA pawn

The mining industry has never been largely Australian(as in govt) owned

Isnt he the leading investor in green hydrigen in this country and vocally against nuclear? Not disagreeing with your statement. It just seems like a thread about the energy transition is completely the wrong one to be making this statement in.
No
Point is he bought up all the stations along the Gascoyne River and is literally sucking the water out of it to feed his mango farm.
Well hated by small but established plantation owners in WA's 'food bowl' who are noticing less water for them.
His green hydrogen got flagged in WA,now he's going for green iron ore.

Screenshot_20240620_235744_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
No
Point is he bought up all the stations along the Gascoyne River and is literally sucking the water out of it to feed his mango farm.
Well hated by small but established plantation owners in WA's 'food bowl' who are noticing less water for them.
His green hydrogen got flagged in WA,now he's going for green iron ore.

View attachment 2025202
Isnt green iron ore a great thing? Iron ore has no substitutes. Civilisation needs it. So a green way to produce it is an awesome thing is it not?

And pretty sure he is still investing heavily in green hydrogen.

Isnt green iron ore a great thing? Iron ore has no substitutes. Civilisation needs it. So a green way to produce it is an awesome thing is it not?

And pretty sure he is still investing heavily in green hydrogen.
Green iron ore is an obvious approach by Twiggy.
No fox given by China about the colour.
Panda Diplomacy.
Us and Taiwan are the little fella.
"The panda in the room is..."
angry-panda-let-me-eat-reaction-htyinj8sin8l5xcc.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back