Other BF NFL Supporters List and Survey (2007-09)

Level of NFL Support

• High

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Often

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Seldom

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BigFooty NFL Survey

Do you dislike him, because if he wasn't there you'd have a top 3 pick in the draft??
That doesn't really bother me. It's more that he's just not a good QB. I don't know if the Jets would have made it to the playoffs without him anyway, but he sure didn't help with all those INTs. I can appreciate what he did for the Packers, but he should have stayed retired.

Genuinely the funniest post I've seen on the board.

I guess that being a West Coast fan you can appreciate the impact that one player can have on a teams performance. ;)

Woody has declared 'shenanigans' on Steeler!!

If yunz guys aint never been to Picksburgh, then yunz oughta cram yer pie hole - we's all born with a black and gold spoon in our mouths and swaddled in terrible towels. I suggest you ride the incline down from Mt. Washington, waddle your sorry ass over to da' Point and pound a couple of cold Iron's, when yunz is done with that have some pierogies - eat a brat and smoother it with Heinz Ketchup (forget the 'tomato sauce' mate) - and finally yunz will know what i'm talking about - and if yunz keep misbehavin, I aint gonna let you ride in the new Bonneville! The only thing we cling to closer then our guns and religion is our football.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2101713

ps - look for me on Monday - I'll be the one wearing the Patriots T shirt that sez "Perfect Season 19-0 Superbowl Champs" on the back is picture of T. Brady with black and gold lettering "superhero" and a bubble caption from his mouth that sez 'Ask me about my illegitamate children' It has brought me good luck all year!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-England-Pat...7?IMSfp=TL090117114012r19793#ebayphotohosting

Yoi double #@$@% Yoi -

pps -someday i might have some patriot envy, -maybe when they have won more AFC championships than the Steelers or maybe when they win more Superbowls, or maybe when they stop stealing signals, or maybe when their fans aren't all d-bag massholes -who knows?

It's hard to pick just one Superbowl victory when you have 5 - soon to be 6.
But seriously, the Pats LOSING over all 5? Sad if you are actually a true Steelers fan...

But seriously, the Pats LOSING over all 5? Sad if you are actually a true Steelers fan...

Ya know, if it wasn't for those cheaters, we'd have 7 rings by now. You don't get it, they cheated their way to 2 Superbowls. People from Pittsburgh don't mind being beaten fair and square, that's why we have respect for every other team from the Ravens to the Raiders. If Belichick is such a genius why couldn't the Browns win more against the Steelers under his helm? I admit they have had some good teams in last decade, but the edge was stealing signals - he does not deserve to win another Superbowl and be compared with Chuck Noll (BTW just so Woodson knows -I also know it's not spelled with a "K")

myroncope.jpg

Don't know how to break it to you.. but Double Yoi!! Myron Cope, inventor of the Terrible Towel sadly passed away almost 11 months ago.

What's the chances of retiring the 'unoriginal BF alias name' you have and getting something more personal?

Hate to break it to you, but Cope is still somebody I would most like to meet- it didn't specify they had to be living- sheesh. I doubt you ever heard him call a game live on the radio, so you probably don't know how much he will continue to be missed in the Burgh - When I lived away from Pittsburgh I would tape the game so I could sync it with the pirate radio broadcast of Myron Cope and Bill Hillgrove calling the game, and turn down that idiot Phil Simms or whatever moron CBS had on that day.

Also hate to break it to you that 'Steelers' is my BF handle, so deal with it

BTW most people in Pittsburgh still consider ROD Woodson as a sell out after he jumped ship to the Wretched Ravens for more money.

Cheers -Steelers!

Hate to break it to you, but Cope is still somebody I would most like to meet- it didn't specify they had to be living- sheesh. I doubt you ever heard him call a game live on the radio, so you probably don't know how much he will continue to be missed in the Burgh - When I lived away from Pittsburgh I would tape the game so I could sync it with the pirate radio broadcast of Myron Cope and Bill Hillgrove calling the game, and turn down that idiot Phil Simms or whatever moron CBS had on that day.

BTW I used to caddie at Laurel Valley Golf Course, and we would have the Steelers there every year for a charity event (St. Vincent's training camp in Latrobe is only 10 minutes away), so I've meet almost every player in the last 10 years and caddied for both Coach Cower and Art Rooney Jr. so there's not alot of Steeler greats left on my list - hope this can put the BS questioning my Steeler fandom to rest.

Also hate to break it to you that 'Steelers' is my BF handle, so deal with it

BTW most people in Pittsburgh still consider ROD Woodson as a sell out after he jumped ship to the Wretched Ravens for more money.

Cheers -Steelers!

Actually I have heard him call a game, as colourful as he was. You still can't meet him. Ain't gonna happen. Noooo sireeee. ;) :p

The b@stard GM at the time, Tom the ****** Donahue, didn't think RW would be the same player after his knee injury and didn't give into RW's agent's demands unfortunately.. he actually went to SF before Baltimore FYI. RW has every right to exercise his right and as much as ALL Steeler fans were left SHATTERED, call it a sell-out or whatever, he still will be inducted in the HoF as a STEELER player. :)

I think it's petty that you need to slag RW as a SELL OUT when it's clear he made the Steelers 'eat their words' with another bunch of Pro Bowl seasons in each of his next 3 teams. Played in 2 SB's and even GOT a RING!! :)

Tom the C*** Donahue actually F **** Up BIG TIME and he should be the F****** GOAT you oughtta be cursing.
RW definitely wanted to play his career in Pittsburgh but knuckheads like Donahue didn't care for such dreams to come true. Donahue costed the Steelers 'Championships' because of his gutless unforgivable mis-management . He didn't last long didn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually I have heard him call a game, as colourful as he was. You still can't meet him. Ain't gonna happen. Noooo sireeee. ;) :p

The b@stard GM at the time, Tom the ****** Donahue, didn't think RW would be the same player after his knee injury and didn't give into RW's agent's demands unfortunately.. he actually went to SF before Baltimore FYI. RW has every right to exercise his right and as much as ALL Steeler fans were left SHATTERED, call it a sell-out or whatever, he still will be inducted in the HoF as a STEELER player. :)

I think it's petty that you need to slag RW as a SELL OUT when it's clear he made the Steelers 'eat their words' with another bunch of Pro Bowl seasons in each of his next 3 teams. Played in 2 SB's and even GOT a RING!! :)

Tom the C*** Donahue actually F **** Up BIG TIME and he should be the F****** GOAT you oughtta be cursing.
RW definitely wanted to play his career in Pittsburgh but knuckheads like Donahue didn't care for such dreams to come true. Donahue costed the Steelers 'Championships' because of his gutless unforgivable mis-management . He didn't last long didn't he?

Nice to see I got under your skin as much as you did to me - truthfully I've always liked RW -and obviously the Steelers still do as he presented the Lamar Trophy - just wanted you to know what unfounded attacks felt like -truce?

Nice to see I got under your skin as much as you did to me

second nature to me. But I butter up just as good. :)

- truthfully I've always liked RW -and obviously the Steelers still do as he presented the Lamar Trophy - just wanted you to know what unfounded attacks felt like -truce?

I got your PM message via email and wanted to respond but I'll lay it out now.

Not FOND of bandwagoning fans or folk that visit our boards just in time for Supabah week. Since you registered in January, I suppose I can allow the 'benefit of the doubt' as you haven't been on BF before. Let you know you're not the only one that has copped my wrath. Some fans just ain't 100%. I'm just checking. the real fans hang around... the fake get spooked.

second nature to me. But I butter up just as good. :)

I got your PM message via email and wanted to respond but I'll lay it out now.

Not FOND of bandwagoning fans or folk that visit our boards just in time for Supabah week. Since you registered in January, I suppose I can allow the 'benefit of the doubt' as you haven't been on BF before. Let you know you're not the only one that has copped my wrath. Some fans just ain't 100%. I'm just checking. the real fans hang around... the fake get spooked.

Word, I completely agree - but like I said, I only moved to Oz in Nov, and didn't get internet access until mid Dec. Looking forward to the Steelers getting one for the OTHER thumb soon (I used to have pajamas with Mean Joe Green from 1981 with his thumb extended saying:eek:ne for the thumb in 81- we would listen to the Pittsburgh Steelers Polka for another decade and a half before getting the chance only to see Neil O' Donell go intercept happy late in the game - well you know the rest). Here's a link to the song -which I still have on a 45rpm record.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=UazJ0d-KmJU&feature=related

In a few months you all (yunz) can teach about Ozzie Rules and Rugby when the season comes upon us.

Do you dislike him, because if he wasn't there you'd have a top 3 pick in the draft??

Or they would have won the division with Pennington and the Fins having to play Henne or Beck.

Very dorky indeed. :D (heck, it was the 70's... Dorkiness was the 'In thing' )

Just like the Myron Cope polka tribute... still the dorky tradition thrives. Not that there's anything wrong with it. ...meh. :eek:

[YOUTUBE]Aar4IVdkajg&hl[/YOUTUBE]

'Good on ya' Francis, here's a nice little article us true Steeler fans can appreciate:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9123622/It's-pretty-hard-to-hate-the-Steelers

Maybe after Woodson is done googling what 'yunz' means he can stop hating on other Steeler fans and direct his attention to where it should be -eg trash talking the Cardinals.

Thanks for the link - here's a couple back at ya

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?page=hotread19/chucknoll

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fleming/090121&sportCat=nfl

Are you heading dahntahn for the game? :D

Favourite team?
Arizona Cardinals

Other teams you like?
New York Giants (becuase i like Eliand Zarko :p)
Houston Texans (got the underdog thing going and i like Steve Slaton)

Least favourite teams?
Philadelphia Eagles

Favourite players from your team?
Current or past?
Larry Fitzgerald, DRC, Jake Plummer

Favourite players from other teams?
Steve Slaton, Terrell Owens, Ray Lewis, Eli Manning

Least favourite players?
Peyton Manning, D'Angelo Hall, Randy Moss

Favourite NFL moment?
Arizona beating Philly in the NFC Championship Game and the entire playoff run this season.

Least favourite NFL moment?
Loosing season after loosing season.

Player you would most like to meet?
Eli, Peyton and Archie.

Coach / administrator / broadcaster etc. you would most like to meet?
John Madden, Michael Irvin

Favourite team uniform?
Ravens, Bengals

How did you start following the NFL?
Playing Madden, got me into the game. Never followed it til a mate bought the game and i had a play, have loved the sport ever since.

What NFL gear do you own?
Couple of caps
Jerseys- #81 Terrel Owens (Eagles), #10 Steve Slaton (WVU), #7 Matt Leinart, NFC Champions Hat.

Have you been to an NFL game?
No, but would love to get to the Arizona or Dallas one day.

Who will win the 2009 Superbowl?
New England Patriots

Which team is a sleeping giant, and will explode next season?
Houston Texans

Favourite poster on BigFooty NFL?
Dont really have one. Woodson, GG, Zarko and JD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back