Bendigo FL Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Benny Dyett didn't lack any confidence in the paper today, spoke about himself in glowing terms!! Not a bad get for the Flat though he will be good for them, not sure why Dyett hasn't had a crack at Coaching senior football.

I reckon they are in a bit of trouble in the seniors the slide could well continue especially if Maddern leaves.

What does everyone think of Geary going across to the Storm?

Hopefully we can appoint a new coach soon.
Dragon Fly, I suspect the Sandhurst coaching position won't be settled until the Golden Sqaure position is settled.

What do you think?

KA is Luke Saunders in the mix for the Gisborne coaching position because if he is I think the club would be mad not to appoint him. He was a great player and leader on the field, (a player I greatly admired) and I think someone who would unite the club and take them back up the ladder.

Yes he is in the mix. I agree would be good to have a club legend as coach.

Keep your hands off slag heads. ha
All's far in love and war Max and it ain't love coming from the QEO- but there is more - the Eaglehawk coaching positions are now open and no one likes taking players from other Bendigo clubs more than that mob. There have been many Square players over the years find their way to Canterbury Park so I'd say your troubles are just starting!

yairsss, albury, but they havent got any money. why do u think dekka's gone to kyneton, locky to nth bgo, robins to mt pleasant.
the e'hwk money well ran dry alb. and they all took a haircut in winter

looks like the dragons couldnt come up with the money 4 harry maddern 2 coach ur seniors ... at least at the flat he can get his $$$$$ weekly

yairsss, albury, but they havent got any money. why do u think dekka's gone to kyneton, locky to nth bgo, robins to mt pleasant.
the e'hwk money well ran dry alb. and they all took a haircut in winter

looks like the dragons couldnt come up with the money 4 harry maddern 2 coach ur seniors ... at least at the flat he can get his $$$$$ weekly

One think is for sure, you really have no idea what ur talking about!!

now the hawks skipper herdy herdman has gone 2 b#3. he's off to wedderburn in the ncfl

give us your take or explanatn.if u like to call it that on that one :rolleyes:

Yeah harry is staying at the flat from what i've heard... whats this about Dyett? where is he coaching?

Would be odd seeing a square bloke go and coach Sandhurst, unless things have changed in the 2 years I have been gone we detested the slagheads! But stranger things have happened!

Yeah harry is staying at the flat from what i've heard... whats this about Dyett? where is he coaching?

Would be odd seeing a square bloke go and coach Sandhurst, unless things have changed in the 2 years I have been gone we detested the slagheads! But stranger things have happened!
I am showing my age N & C but Des Dickson & Ron Best were ex Square players who went and coached Sandhurst - there was another one either just before or just after Brendan Hartney coached Sandhurst too - but I cannot remember his name.
(R Smith????) He ended up at the Pioneers. Best was only about 22 when he was appointed coach of Sandhurst. Between 1973 & 1977 he took them to four grandfinals and two flags.

Of course Brian Walsh went the other way. He coached Square to the flag in 2001 (beating Sandhurst in the grandfinal) from 5th spot and enjoyed the credit for doing this. I always thought it was actually a disgrace the 2001 Square team had to come from 5th spot as they were a very talented team (and with Sandhurst) head and shoulders above the rest in 2001.

I think all eyes are on Nick Carter - when he makes his decision the cards will fall into place.

I am showing my age N & C but Des Dickson & Ron Best were ex Square players who went and coached Sandhurst - there was another one either just before or just after Brendan Hartney coached Sandhurst too - but I cannot remember his name.
(R Smith????) He ended up at the Pioneers. Best was only about 22 when he was appointed coach of Sandhurst. Between 1973 & 1977 he took them to four grandfinals and two flags.

Of course Brian Walsh went the other way. He coached Square to the flag in 2001 (beating Sandhurst in the grandfinal) from 5th spot and enjoyed the credit for doing this. I always thought it was actually a disgrace the 2001 Square team had to come from 5th spot as they were a very talented team (and with Sandhurst) head and shoulders above the rest in 2001.

I think all eyes are on Nick Carter - when he makes his decision the cards will fall into place.

Yeah I know about Brian and had heard about the others, possibly showing your age though mate! I suppose some people are that desperate to get into coaching they'd make the switch but if I was ever to be involved with a BFL club again it wouldn't be anything other than square.

A lot of blokes do swap clubs... but then again no one was ever throwing $$$ at me to play in the 2's!;)

It's not always about the money, bobby. In fact, money was not an issue. There are people who make a commitment to their club and stick with them no matter what.

BEST wishes and congratulations to Big John Hardinge on his 200+ --game career with the Bloods.
I'm sure all on bigfooty would wish John the best.
He has pulled the pin on his footy career. Maybe the prospect of long summer months on the track didn't appeal, but it doesn't really matter.
He's been a great servant of South Bendigo and the BFL. Was named 1st ruckman in the Team of the Decade (2000-2009) last month, into the bargain. :thumbsu:

how cum north bgo gets all the ex-afl players. if lockie gets justin murphy up at the zoo they will have 3 big leag boys on their books the last few years. jamesy, d houlihan and maybe murphy. bfl clubs cant swing these deals ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how cum north bgo gets all the ex-afl players. if lockie gets justin murphy up at the zoo they will have 3 big leag boys on their books the last few years. jamesy, d houlihan and maybe murphy. bfl clubs cant swing these deals ???
BFL clubs may be use a different approach to recruiting, by sharing their money around a core group of quality players rather than paying top dollar for one guy and hope that on the back of having such a player they can entice others to come for nothing or next-to-nothing. Whilst North has been able to attract a big name for the past few years, they still haven't managed to do better than 4th.
On another note, heard that Kain Robbins will be heading home to Hopetoun next year and not taking on the coaching position at the Burra. Wanted to wait a few more years before he did it but word is the club wont be around then so is taking the opportunity now.

Didn't James play in the BFL with Gisborne years before he ended up out at the Zoo???

From the HDFL thread, Mounts very confident on signing a 2009 premiership square player as coach.

My understanding is Mick Bateman might be the man, told by someone inside the club they in talks with him and offering big money. But this is the rumour season!

how wood reapy reaper go in the bfl in 2011. the old action attraction filled out a pair of shorts very well a few seasons back. mite have got them taylor made. u wood rekon reapy woodn't get 2 far out of the square if dekka gets him bak to kynton

You must have read Luke Wests article......count them, that makes 4! Damian Lock played for Carlton.....why wasnt he counted???:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back