Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought our boys were clearly a top five team, just took until the second half of the year to get winning under a new system after being in a position to win and dropping three or four in the first half of the season.

Beat Strath and Eaglehawk second time around and pushed Sandhurst and Gisborne as hard as anyone across both games. Getting pantsed by Square with a few out or unfit and getting South in round two cost them finals.

I know it’s Uncles and Aunties stuff but I don’t think it’s a biased take to say come season end we were somewhere around third or fourth best side in it.

Thought our boys were clearly a top five team, just took until the second half of the year to get winning under a new system after being in a position to win and dropping three or four in the first half of the season.

Beat Strath and Eaglehawk second time around and pushed Sandhurst and Gisborne as hard as anyone across both games. Getting pantsed by Square with a few out or unfit and getting South in round two cost them finals.

I know it’s Uncles and Aunties stuff but I don’t think it’s a biased take to say come season end we were somewhere around third or fourth best side in it.

This is hilarious

The square game was disappointing. I agree took a while for the team to gell together, with so many guys having not played together much. I reckon with the outs from other sides, they are a lock for top 3 this year.

The square game was disappointing. I agree took a while for the team to gell together, with so many guys having not played together much. I reckon with the outs from other sides, they are a lock for top 3 this year.

I’d agree, the issue is bridging the chasm between 3-6 or maybe 7 now with South, and the top two. As it stands now we are nowhere near that.

We’ve added size which was a desperate need but have also lost this years ruck/chb Lloyd Butcher who was a good honest type so that’s a blow.

I was hoping they might have picked up a few from Harcourt and the other district clubs but that doesn’t seem to have happened. I have heard there’s more names to come so hoping they will be good quality additions.

I’d agree, the issue is bridging the chasm between 3-6 or maybe 7 now with South, and the top two. As it stands now we are nowhere near that.

We’ve added size which was a desperate need but have also lost this years ruck/chb Lloyd Butcher who was a good honest type so that’s a blow.

I was hoping they might have picked up a few from Harcourt and the other district clubs but that doesn’t seem to have happened. I have heard there’s more names to come so hoping they will be good quality additions.
Slags are scum for pinching a couple of kids but gee Id be happy to pinch a few off Harcourt. Ahh the Castlemaine way of thinking hypocrisy at its best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Run a ladder for the second half of the year and see what it looks like.
Ladders are decided over a season and then premierships are won over 4 weekends on the QEO. Not two wet weekends in July Forest.

To your ridiculous point though, shows just how hard they are to win.

Last edited:
The old style castlemaine logic, we're happy to bring in shepherd and brown from Maldon, chopper from the mcdfl, the carsons and Christmas from newstead, treat our local fringe players like shit and wonder why we ended up where we did

What a steaming pile of crap. You’re a better poster than that, Trent.

Dont go poking the bear. his logic is never wrong.

That’s just playing the person instead of making a salient debate. Low fruit.

Ladders are decided over a season and then premierships are won over 4 weekends on the QEO. Not two wet weekends in July Forest.

To your ridiculous point though, shows just how hard they are to win.

No disputing that whatsoever but it’s also true teams outside the finals can be in better form and condition than teams that qualify.

Brisbane and Sydney are great examples this year, Sydney had a much superior season but Brisbane was going when it counted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back