Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They blamed the BFNL and power clubs as you call them. No mention in my readings in articles and posts of a decade of poor administration, sub par recruiting and an inability to maintain a consistent list for more than 2 years.

I agree that the power clubs are presented advantages compared to the outer lying clubs but it’s not a reason to throw the toys out of the cot. I think their performance this year is evidence that looking internally before throwing stones externally is a good spot to start.

The reality is the two aspects aren’t mutually exclusive.

The woeful administration of the game is an underlying issue and clubs also create their own issues.
There is definitely a symbiotic aspect though because many good people walk away and refuse to be involved after dealing with the AFL CV rubbish and that leaves clubs struggling to fill positions.

In my experience I think every club owns its mistakes and works hard to get better all the time. Not every person willing to take on positions is the right person but sometimes beggars can’t be choosers.

Where I think the commentary becomes unfair is when there is an automatic assumption that being poor on field means you are a badly run club and that success means good culture and failure doesn’t.
That is complete rubbish and I would argue the three battlers over the past 20 years have been as well run as any other clubs in the competition, especially when you factor in the realties they face.

Not at all Forest. Winners win and losers whinge.

A bit like people of intellect apply critical thinking to analyse policy and procedure and identify strengths and weaknesses, and those without, don’t, I guess.

They blamed everything but the truth - they blew the salary cap apart and still couldn't make finals. Everything else is a cover story.
They didn’t actually blame anyone from what I read and heard. They were effectively told by the commission they weren’t wanted, and made the smart move to leave - which based on the way the league is going now, seems like a pretty smart decision to me. Sure there has been some below par administration in the past decade at the club which at one point had them struggling, but the turnaround off field has them the envy of many these days.

Both sites are so limited with size given what is around them. No room to expand much at either but Bachuas probably has more.

If I was the cricket club I’d be looking to go there for sure
Next to Backhaus oval is the former Caravan Park site that has sat empty now for 5 or so years.

The caravan park was cleared and one building was built (it looks a bit like a sports pavilion) Anyone know what is planned for this site?

I'd think there would be plenty of space for a proper football oval, cricket nets and two netball courts if Backhaus oval and the old caravan park site were used.

Thanks. I have wondered for a long time what it was to be, now I know

Shut down the caravan park and displaced a lot of people and then planned to rebuild a cabin style lifestyle village the same as out near Harvey Norman. Never got up!

Bachaus in land locked. It wil be good as a second ground for square but not much more I don’t think

Shut down the caravan park and displaced a lot of people and then planned to rebuild a cabin style lifestyle village the same as out near Harvey Norman. Never got up!

Bachaus in land locked. It wil be good as a second ground for square but not much more I don’t think
How big is the caravan park land? Could it be bought to? Be Bendigo's answer to Eureka in Ballarat? I assume if QEO could be upgraded it would already would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back