Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL will make all the decisions - this council will just get the blame if it backfires - instead of going to local VAFA games and drinking red wine Greg MADIGAN should be at Maryborough VS Strath this weekend witnessing the issues he is doing nothing about.

Nicholas Rolfe has walked away and let this explode on purpose and look at what’s happening !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty noticeable the staffing announcements last week and the council this week have been buried.

Media releases dropping in graveyard times on Friday afternoon or Sunday night posts on social media.

Wonder if that says something about morale at headquarters or a level of embarrassment with how things are going or both?

Pretty noticeable the staffing announcements last week and the council this week have been buried.

Media releases dropping in graveyard times on Friday afternoon or Sunday night posts on social media.

Wonder if that says something about morale at headquarters or a level of embarrassment with how things are going or both?

LOL. The good old 4.59pm e-mail ... the one you send as the last thing that you do at work for the day, then quickly turn off your computer so you don't see the response until the next working day.

You’ve just got to build from the ground up, put time and resources into creating good junior footballers.

Of course the really good ones will be pinched by Bendigo clubs because Pioneers and the other good ones will be pinched by rival clubs who can promise more success in the short term because the points system allows them to. Don’t whinge about that though just get on with building up your juniors.
Its why the tac cup has to go. Hardly any footballers are drafted from bendigo, murray, Calder, western jets in the last 7 years, that haven't had an aps scholarship. All of those lists have between 35 and 40 kids on it, travelling to train how many times a week, then the travel involved to play. How this is seen as a good idea now, baffles me completely, it was okay in 1992, not now.

Even from a coaching point of view, Scott pendlebury does part time coaching at a private school, how can the pios compete with that? So what's the point?

The bendigo system juniors and seniors needs blowing up and starting again. There needs to be mous in place with major and minor league clubs, where they all might train under strath, but the guys who don't get a game, go out to mounts and play under 18s. And there needs to be more fluency in clearances to let these partnerships happen.

Scrap the tac cup, have an afl employee on 150k a year to develop junior footy by coaching an under 21 rep side that plays as afl curtain raisers once a month, coach the bottom team on the bfl ladder and run school clinics, bring in mous partnerships between major and minor league clubs, get rid of reserves footy in minor leagues.

I'd have a draft of the best 18-20 year old kids from the pios region who want play in the under 21 side, give castlemaine, Maryborough, flat and south the top picks, you could have a jan draft and create more interest in the bfl.

You could even have a partnership with the bfl and a vfl side, so if port Melbourne have a few injuries, they pick the best under 21 rep side kids and all port vfl players, play in the bfl and go into the draft.

Unless you think outside the box, country footy is going ro have a sudden death. Clubs are folding everywhere, there's about 5 or 6 comps in the state, that have any interest still for finals spots. The weaker clubs will just give up soon as its too hard.

I'm not sure Greg madigan cares, he's interested in auskick numbers and getting players drafted and as long as there's a good vafa premier league, he doesn't care

LOL. The good old 4.59pm e-mail ... the one you send as the last thing that you do at work for the day, then quickly turn off your computer so you don't see the response until the next working day.

As much as I’m a critic of just about everything they do, it’s a pretty sad state of affairs if they are too embarrassed to even make a leadership announcement.

It’s an absolute indictment on their leadership and lack thereof as well, if you haven’t got some arrogance you have no place in that role.

I don’t think the general football follower really cares who is on the council or employed at AFLCV. Most would see the these releases and flick straight past them. As long as club admin know who they are dealing with is the main thing.

Jess Chester oversees our leagues and does a great job. Always accessible, ready to help with any issues and goes to a different club every weekend.

When AFLCV is consistently put down for the work they do realise their are some good people employed there that give great support to clubs.

I don’t think the general football follower really cares who is on the council or employed at AFLCV. Most would see the these releases and flick straight past them. As long as club admin know who they are dealing with is the main thing.

Jess Chester oversees our leagues and does a great job. Always accessible, ready to help with any issues and goes to a different club every weekend.

When AFLCV is consistently put down for the work they do realise their are some good people employed there that give great support to clubs.
Maggy Im not a good person so this disqualifies me

I’m confident it’s true. We all know how it works, despite denials.

From my understanding the process usually starts with a quiet word with the parents to say how talented little Johnny is and has a real shot at being drafted.
The one concern they have is playing reserves level grade in under age might hurt his chances of being picked in squads, stressing of course Castlemaine is a great club.

Then by sheer coincidence a club with teams in the senior grade just happens to make contact and offer the chance to come and have a look.

From my understanding the process usually starts with a quiet word with the parents to say how talented little Johnny is and has a real shot at being drafted.
The one concern they have is playing reserves level grade in under age might hurt his chances of being picked in squads, stressing of course Castlemaine is a great club.

Then by sheer coincidence a club with teams in the senior grade just happens to make contact and offer the chance to come and have a look.
I'd think ringo would know and how he was let go by the pios, would have no problem stating it on here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd think ringo would know and how he was let go by the pios, would have no problem stating it on here

I suspect Ringo was correctly saying there was no instruction from the Pioneers to change clubs.

I’m pointing out there’s much more subtle ways it can be done, and I know that scenario because I’ve had it told to me by the parents of 6 different kids.

Unfortunately at smaller regional clubs parents feel empowered if their kid has the tiniest bit of talent. Then it just evolves into “bendigo clubs are chasing him”. Then it’s over - we call it the dusty syndrome !

A very small number of the ones who leave have done so due to unhappiness at the club. Most of the time it’s lead from the parents who think little johnny is the next dusty

Anyone at the Eaglehawk game on Saturday? I’m told there were a few whispers going around that Maryborough are going to pull the pin now they’ve played everyone once. They were scrambling to find players to fill the side, at one stage Saturday morning they were 7 short. Not claiming that this is fact, just that this is what was doing the rounds at the ground.

Anyone at the Eaglehawk game on Saturday? I’m told there were a few whispers going around that Maryborough are going to pull the pin now they’ve played everyone once. They were scrambling to find players to fill the side, at one stage Saturday morning they were 7 short. Not claiming that this is fact, just that this is what was doing the rounds at the ground.
They didn't kick a goal which is a big concern

Unfortunately at smaller regional clubs parents feel empowered if their kid has the tiniest bit of talent. Then it just evolves into “bendigo clubs are chasing him”. Then it’s over - we call it the dusty syndrome !

A very small number of the ones who leave have done so due to unhappiness at the club. Most of the time it’s lead from the parents who think little johnny is the next dusty
Dusty went from the creek to the big smoke of the maine didn't he?

How many have left? Ginnivan and henderson, any others??

U 18's last quarter game-day scenes from the U 18's match between Castlemaine and Gisborne played last Saturday at Camp Reserve.

I suspect Ringo was correctly saying there was no instruction from the Pioneers to change clubs.

I’m pointing out there’s much more subtle ways it can be done, and I know that scenario because I’ve had it told to me by the parents of 6 different kids.
Blake left due to his dad leaving the Presidency from memory. I can assure you that it was frowned upon for players to leavefrom their junior clubs. It was problematic when players from Mildura etc relocated and went to the stronger clubs. However that could not be controlled and there were no guarantees that those relocating would even play Pioneers. The situation may of changed in the past 8 years.

I can assure you that of the 147 that tried out for the Pioneers, most sets of parents thought their son would be drafted

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back