Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Eaglehawk also 4 points ahead, you play square and Eaglehawk the next 2 weeks

Crazy has just got home from the rooms - 3 out of 4 wins but it’s a great day for the BFNL

Go Maggie’s - let’s hope they make it to finals / we are creating some solid momentum

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 Flat players played for Maryborough today

Everyone knows how much empathy I have for Maryborough but we are getting into farcical territory now.

Percentage is always crucial and we are heading to a scenario where a club could be fielding half a side against themselves in an official game. Are we going to be comfortable if a spot on the ladder is decided because a team has a massive margin in that scenario?

It’s just another example of weak leadership from the league.

Integrity can take a beating in these matches. Somewhere along the line, a club is going to complain about the effort of the players that get handed over to Maryborough.

Is someone going to go hell for leather playing against his own club knowing they need to bridge a percentage gap?

Are they going to lay a solid hip-and-shoulder on a club mate and risk injuring a gun on-baller?

Are they going to play the role of defender with as much heart as a Maryborough player and try not to concede marks or goals?

The scenario that is playing out where not even one open-age football team is being filled currently suggests that the BFNL is not the suitable place for the club in 2025.

There would be a few heads rolling at HQ this morning with Gizzy knocking off the slags.
Wouldn’t be shocked if clearances closing are extended for another 3 weeks to give Sandhurst a chance to go and recruit 6 more for $50 a game.

Gizzy outstanding yesterday. Gee I hope they win it by 10 goals.

On a brighter note, amazing day yesterday at the Camp.

Took me back to the days when Bendigo teams would wake up Saturday morning and dread heading South, days I thought I’d never see again.

It’s taken some time but to see the way they dismantled South in the first half without their best inside midfielder who was born to play those conditions was huge.

Wins at every level on the footy ground and to sit back last night and see a packed function full of joy and it was hard not to feel emotional.

Still not convinced it’s sustainable but sure is nice to experience again.

There would be a few heads rolling at HQ this morning with Gizzy knocking off the slags.
Wouldn’t be shocked if clearances closing are extended for another 3 weeks to give Sandhurst a chance to go and recruit 6 more for $50 a game.

Gizzy outstanding yesterday. Gee I hope they win it by 10 goals.
What utter crap. You seriously think Sandhurst are going to panic by being beaten at the graveyard by six points? The home ground advantage would be at least 5 goals and it is not a ground where finals will be played.

Having said that Gisborne are a very good side which I as a Sandhurst supporter having been saying since I observed them in round two. I don't think there is much between these teams as reflected in their results against one another.

What utter crap. You seriously think Sandhurst are going to panic by being beaten at the graveyard by six points? The home ground advantage would be at least 5 goals and it is not a ground where finals will be played.

Having said that Gisborne are a very good side which I as a Sandhurst supporter having been saying since I observed them in round two. I don't think there is much between these teams as reflected in their results against one another.

Go gizzy in the gf - I’d love to see slags lose yet another flag that is set up for them to win

Finals are played at Sandhurst’s home ground though. Should they be played at neutral grounds, or you happy to keep your own home ground advantage in September?

Go gizzy in the gf - I’d love to see slags lose yet another flag that is set up for them to win

I'd love to know how it's set up for them? Greene is the best player in the state outside afl, local product, playing for well under what he could get paid. Its tiresome the league evolves around sandhurst

I don’t see Sandhurst losing much sleep.

Playing in the slop down there in June is a different prospect than a fast QEO in September.

Only winning by a goal tells me Gisborne are miles off. I’m sticking with a ten goal grand final margin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back