Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on Fly’s comments, “over a 100 pressure points, it is difficult to play in the Pies forward, but we notice it and reward it” in reference to Beau. Based on this I don’t think Beau is going anywhere or being dropped.

Honestly, I love Beau when he is on, but on TV i must miss a some of his work because to me he is a an almost player - meaning he has a lot of good traits but just needs to more consistently hurt to move up to the next rank. He is still c+ grade player in my mind, with loads of potential to move to B to A.

I have no idea what 100 pressure point means, but it Fly seemed highly impressed

Based on Fly’s comments, “over a 100 pressure points, it is difficult to play in the Pies forward, but we notice it and reward it” in reference to Beau. Based on this I don’t think Beau is going anywhere or being dropped.

Honestly, I love Beau when he is on, but on TV i must miss a some of his work because to me he is a an almost player - meaning he has a lot of good traits but just needs to more consistently hurt to move up to the next rank. He is still c+ grade player in my mind, with loads of potential to move to B to A.

I have no idea what 100 pressure point means, but it Fly seemed highly impressed
He's not a one touch player and fumbles a fair bit. Other than that he's a very valuable player

For mine, the only knock on him is that he isnt clean. Its a hard one to learn, and you had to assume that this is it, he wont gget any better.

His defensive pressure in the forward line is second to none, to a level that would put him in the top echelon of this particular trait.

Overall, hes still young and can still improve his decision making - that being said, it would likely require a change in attitude, as he doesnt seem to take football as serious as some others. Not that thats the only factor, but its the easiesr way for him to develop his footy IQ.

he's a great pressure forward but that's it. he doesn't have the vision or ball use to play upfield.
Ive seen some great vision from him kicking to a player 30 or 40 out instead of going to the top of the goal square. Im not so sore about how often he looks for that option though

Ive seen some great vision from him kicking to a player 30 or 40 out instead of going to the top of the goal square. Im not so sore about how often he looks for that option though
I reckon he'd have plenty of suitors, however his slippery, fumbly hands can be annoying

For mine, the only knock on him is that he isnt clean. Its a hard one to learn, and you had to assume that this is it, he wont gget any better.

His defensive pressure in the forward line is second to none, to a level that would put him in the top echelon of this particular trait.

Overall, hes still young and can still improve his decision making - that being said, it would likely require a change in attitude, as he doesnt seem to take football as serious as some others. Not that thats the only factor, but its the easiesr way for him to develop his footy IQ.
You're bang on, almost.

I love the campaigner to death but despite being clearly in our best 22 for obvious reasons he lacks the ball founding ability.
Easier said than done but if he improves this aspect of the game substantially in the next year or two he'll become a massive weapon in our midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's a great pressure forward but that's it. he doesn't have the vision or ball use to play upfield.

If it was easy to be a "great pressure forward" any mo-fo off the street would do this.

I get the viewpoint.

Beau is a bull but we'd like him to do that little extra. Cleaner disposal, a few more goals, to set-up play alongside all the chasing and ground coverage already in his repertoire.

He has shown glimpses, a few minutes on the ball before his concussion, goals from the boundary etc... We can be a tough audience.

Nick aside, it's hard for the lesser lights to shine given the club's injury status. He'll come good.

I’d like him to improve his uncontested game. Getting involved in more handball chains or making occasional leads into space for easy marks , and generally improving his possession count, will round out his game.

The ball handling will improve.

There’s not much wrong with beaus game.

If it was easy to be a "great pressure forward" any mo-fo off the street would do this.

I get the viewpoint.

Beau is a bull but we'd like him to do that little extra. Cleaner disposal, a few more goals, to set-up play alongside all the chasing and ground coverage already in his repertoire.

He has shown glimpses, a few minutes on the ball before his concussion, goals from the boundary etc... We can be a tough audience.

Nick aside, it's hard for the lesser lights to shine given the club's injury status. He'll come good.

he's 70 games in. hope the penny drops soon.

Yeah nah.

Have lost faith that McCreery will become a good AFL player.

Content with 10 or so touches but really just doing a lot of chasing and pressuring.
He tagged LDU out of the game which led to the win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back