Rumour Bailey Smith - formal complaint made.

Remove this Banner Ad

youd say nothing in it, except the guy had to go to hospital for treatment.

shai bolton got a ridiculously large fine for trying to protect rioli after a bloke hit him, because rioli stepped in to defend his girlfriend being physically assaulted by a guy. putting a guy in hospital is much worse, and i doubt smith was provoked more than seeing his mate and his girlfriend physically assaulted.
You genuinely believe that mate. Take the rose coloured glasses off.

I'm triggered by all the posts from people claiming they're not triggered.

Also, he's got a surname for a first name. The real scandal.
We often played three Baileys last year.

I really wished we had thrown the kitchen sink at West Coast's Bailey Williams just to confuse the hell out of commentators next year

Yeah good one. He hasn't hurt me anywhere. I actually think he's a really good player, but I'm not a fan of the way he goes about things on and off the field. Saw this thread and decided to put forward my 2 cents like everyone else who commented.
It's amazing how many people get upset when somebody has something less than glowing to say about a kid who doesn't always act in the best manner.
The only upset I see in this thread is from you and your over the top rant about a young bloke who displays a bit of bravado.

shai bolton got a ridiculously large fine for trying to protect rioli after a bloke hit him, because rioli stepped in to defend his girlfriend being physically assaulted by a guy. putting a guy in hospital is much worse, and i doubt smith was provoked more than seeing his mate and his girlfriend physically assaulted.
I think there was a bit more to that story than what the club wanted you to believe.

Got a pretty cocky nature about him, but for someone his age on that money, it is somewhat to be expected
I don’t know about this ‘scandal’, but the thing that always got on my nerves is he talks about mental health, but his actions point in a different direction. The taunting, standing over players, running over to push people, not really something you would want to see.
Just my opinion though

Bolded are statements that are flat-out wrong or based on extremely limited evidence that aren't enough to construct a proper opinion.

Italics are statements that may have happened but don't point to the player having a "tosser" personality.

Underlined are statements that just don't matter.

The major issue here is, you're trying to protect extremely iffy statements by saying that it's "your opinion". This doesn't stop them from being incorrect or extensions of the truth.

Again, who are you to judge on whether someone should be allowed to have mental health issues or not? Ridiculous statement.

This is the first time that Baz has had any genuine off-field issue. And judging by the sh*t he deals with on a night out, I'd say it's surprising it didn't happen sooner.

The club have chosen not to sanction him, and judging by the way the club responded to issues such as Boyd, Cordy and Hunter in recent years, it seems pretty clear that this incident is essentially a non-issue. Obvious it could be worse than has been speculated, but reports point to a shove. Hardly anything to get wound up over, and likely indicative that he's been provoked.
Man, that's a lot of words in defence of someone who doesn't know you and would probably rather ignore you in real life lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for the kid. He's pretty young. When ya that young you say and do some pretty stupid shir sober let alone completely sh*t faced. Atleast when we were that age, we A) weren't in the public eye B) didn't have everyone trying to capture a moment on the camera of their phone to upload on their social media accounts.

The amount of videos of him out there on social media sh*t faced and acting like a fool are insane.

He's gotta be cringing hard when he's sobered up and sees them.

I'm gonna be honest I couldn't carry that can.
The hypocrisy in all this is this Baz kid said when he got drafted that He will never touch alcohol.
well hasn’t it all unravelled now

Hospital ? Haven’t heard that

Gold Coast is a long way from home. Probably why he's acting out.

That’s the best bit about it. Told interstate clubs he didn’t want to leave Melbourne.

He’s got multiple photos on his Insta taken at Burleigh Pavilion. Had he not done that threat he could be playing for the Suns and hang out at the place he seems to love the most even more.

Just because a player plays for your team it doesn't mean you can't call out doggy behavior. On that note; One thing I would say is that if you do struggle with anxiety/depression the last thing you want to put into your body is uppers/pingerz. Quickest way to create a chemical imbalance within the brain.

Last edited:
Got a pretty cocky nature about him, but for someone his age on that money, it is somewhat to be expected
I don’t know about this ‘scandal’, but the thing that always got on my nerves is he talks about mental health, but his actions point in a different direction. The taunting, standing over players, running over to push people, not really something you would want to see.
Just my opinion though
Yeah bit rich hearing him talk about mental health with some of his w***er actions

Last edited:
Substitute poser with tosser.
Yes, he's young, earning decent money, getting a lot of attention and probably has an over-inflated sense of self. Hopefully he lives and learns and comes back down to reality, but I'm just not a fan. Seems like a bit of a knob.

He's a cheapshot sniper on the field. Gave himself a flog nickname. Flexes his muscles hard in all his shirtless insta posts (his insta account is just flog central).
Got stuck into Walsh a couple times in our game, including elbowing him in the back of the head, unprovoked after a dead ball. Taunting and humiliating players (some people don't have a problem with that, but it's not my cup of tea). Going out of his way to step over the Eagles player after kicking a goal. Running a good 10m to shove Ziebel after he got outmarked by Bruce in the North game, late in the 4th when Dogs were already up by over 100pts. His 'injection' celebration (yes, I know what it was referring to, but it's over the top arrogance).
The deleted video after bragging about being up for 48hrs+ plus after a GF loss, and bragging about trying to sleep with girls (pure assumption here, but people generally don't go on 48hr benders drinking alcohol - again, drugs seem to be more accepted by the younger generation these days, but not my cup of tea - god I sound old), while his teammates called it a night and got ready to fly back to VIC.
For someone who claims to have mental health issues, he seems to thrive on attention. Giving the finger to the media the next day. Claimed that the fake nude bothered him, but using it to get attention from ladies. Now the Gold Coast incident. There's a clear pattern forming.
I'd be more than happy for him to get his sh*t together and turn into a respectable player and person, but at the moment, he's not passing the eye test IMO.

Hang on, player gets stuck into opponenet... well **** me dead hey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bailey Smith - formal complaint made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back